Costa is gonna be a hard task for khamzat

clownkiller

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
costa was just fighting low cus he wasn't getting paid lolll i don't think he was putting effort in his training camps and fights now that he is allegedly getting over a "mil" per fight i think we will see a more motivated costa.

what you guys think?

Costa is a big boy, probably be a fair bit bigger than Chimaev on fight night. It will be interesting to see Chimaev's tactics as against Burns he lost a bit of steam as the rounds went on. Although, Costa was in a war with a shot Rockhold too, so who the hell knows.

If Costa makes weight and the fight goes through, that size difference is going to be huge.
I still think Khamzat is going to be able to take him down, but don't know if he'll have such an easy time as with Holland.
I can see this taking 3 rounds and ending with Costa landing a finishing blow at the end of it.

Costa hasn't finished anyone since Uriah Hall 4-5 years ago, and has no wins over anyone still in the UFC - as a matter of fact, Yoel is the only fighter who is still active in MMA and not retired. He is going to lose to Khamzat, no matter how much UFC pays him, abd it's not because Khamzat is some amazing superstar - it's because Costa at this point is not a very good fighter.

Think fairly even. Costa has been fighting bigger and quality competition. Khamzat did not finish Burns either. Gets harder to finish good competition. Khamzat has skills but Costa stronger with decent cardio. Khamzat gets Costs down he should win, on the feet lean to Costa.

I like the fella, but I’m not sure I see the power that others do in Costa.

Either way it’s a coin toss for me and one fight I’m definitely looking forward to.

if, in the unlikely event, it actually happens.

Everyone ranked could potentially be a hard task, but here I just don't see it as likely.

Remember when Vettori took Holland down at will, and then just laid on top of the guy for 5 rounds to win?
Well, there's the difference with Chimaev. He looked for a finish from the first second, and Kevin had to tap around 2 mins into the fight.

Just because Paulo had good TDD vs Marvin it doesn't mean an aggressive wrestler like Chimaev will struggle. And don't talk about cardio after how Costa looked vs Rockhold.

It will all come down to whether he can stuff Khamzat's early takedowns as Khamzat's cardio is extremely suspect.

I tend to think he can't and Khamzat will finish him on the ground in the first or second round.
Wonder if less of a cut will help the cardio issues.

costa was just fighting low cus he wasn't getting paid lolll i don't think he was putting effort in his training camps and fights now that he is allegedly getting over a "mil" per fight i think we will see a more motivated costa.

what you guys think?

I hope you're right.

But when it comes to fighters, being wealthy and well fed changes things from the poor and hungry fighter they used to be.

Ya probably not.

Costa will have to fight the best fight of his life to keep it respectable.

We'll see if he can dedicate himself.

That confident Costa that simply walked Romero down would be a huge problem for Khamzat. But Izzy broke him.

So now I'm not so sure. Seems like he's just having fun fighting and getting paid, not really interested in winning every fight.

Your post makes no sense. In sports it's always the reverse. You play/fight harder when your contract is running out so you get a big new contract, then some coast.

Costa will be less motivated now

I think Costa will be too big for Khamzat, Khamzat will try and take him down but get tired and lose by TKO in the later rounds. I hope I’m wrong though, and I thought that Costa would beat Adesanya but I was very wrong.

It will all come down to whether he can stuff Khamzat's early takedowns as Khamzat's cardio is extremely suspect.

I tend to think he can't and Khamzat will finish him on the ground in the first or second round.
Khamzat will never fight again. Costa is unlikely to fight him.

There was a word “lolll” so I assume silly troll post.

If costa got taken down by rockhold then I don't know if he stands a chance against Khamzat.

The old costa (pre-losses) might have beaten Khamzat. Not sure about this version of costa.

Back