Other than Fedor, who was the biggest missed UFC signing ever?

You think Freire's still a possibility for the UFC and in his prime? He's what nigh on 36 and has clearly lost a step. Very much doubt the UFC would even consider paying him the same money Bellator is for a guy who at very best would be the third best FW in the company and that's excluding the sponsorship money he must rake in separately.

Last edited:
Aoki is one guy I really wanted to see. Prob wouldn't have been a champ but still.

I don't see Souza ever coming to UFC either, LW rizin champ, so I will say him too. He's pretty good, I thought he beat Mckee.

If you think about it, Rizin produced some top notch talents, Jiri, Nemkov, Souza and etc.

Someone mentioned Konrad, it would have been interesting to see him in ufc with his size and top notch wrestling, and Arona too, two guys who really retired early when they were more than good enough to compete.

Presently, I want to see Nemkov, Amosov, Soldic, Mckee, Pitbull and Usman in UFC. Maybe they won't get them all, maybe they will.

If you think about it, UFC did really get most of good guys out there one way or another.

I will also say unpopular name in this thread more than likely. King Mo before Newton fight.

He was a great prospect, but he was never the same after that backfist of doom by Newton.
King Mo is a weird one. He was almost TOO athletic. He couldn't control his speed, power or reflexes. I remember one time he was trying to defend against someone and miscalculated and basically jumped over them. Wish I remembered the fight.

Shinya Aoki. Granted he'd have as much success as Gomi or Yamamoto did if he was lucky.

Aoki is one of my top 5 favourite fighters, but I think a lot of his fights in the UFC could have looked like his fight against Gilbert, or getting lit up on the feet by guys he couldn't get to the ground. Prime Aoki vs. Prime Penn was a fight I always wanted to see.

King Mo is a weird one. He was almost TOO athletic. He couldn't control his speed, power or reflexes. I remember one time he was trying to defend against someone and miscalculated and basically jumped over them. Wish I remembered the fight.

No I don't agree with that. He was good period. I couldn't remember his record, but he was 19-4 before going 2-6 and retiring. I don't remember Davis fight, but he got robbed against Rampage. His other two losses were to Newton and the other being Cavalcante.

He was really good. I know he did pretty good after Newton fight, but I think it changed him.

And you are right that he was really athletic guy. So he didn't really age well either.

I will also say unpopular name in this thread more than likely. King Mo before Newton fight.

He was a great prospect, but he was never the same after that backfist of doom by Newton.
If I remember correctly, King Mo was supposed to go over to UFC after Strikeforce folded, but he pissed hot and then publicly insulted a lady commissioner in the Nevada State Athletic Commission, and that was the last straw for Dana.

He was a talented fighter but was hot-headed, and fell in love with the shoulder roll without working on boxing fundamentals that make the shoulder roll possible. He could have done a lot more in his career, but needed better career management.

Back