Were Matt Mitrione and Brendan Schaub A Level Athletes???

No, they weren't athletic or explosive enough. Greg Hardy was an A level athlete though.
482b10bc50b18f36994a9db507b2f154

sure he was. he's much larger than even Ngannou and is just as fast if not faster than the fastest HWs.
Of course Hardy is/was a great athlete. I think people confuse being a great athlete and how much of that athleticism transfers over to MMA. Hardy has the strength and explosiveness but he had a half a round of cardio and no ground game. He didn't look good in there at all. I thought Mitrione had the best hands of the three, Schaub the best BJJ but Hardy was the most accomplished by far in football.

Of course Hardy is/was a great athlete. I think people confuse being a great athlete and how much of that athleticism transfers over to MMA. Hardy has the strength and explosiveness but he had a half a round of cardio and no ground game. He didn't look good in there at all. I thought Mitrione had the best hands of the three, Schaub the best BJJ but Hardy was the most accomplished by far in football.

i agree with your assessment of all three. i'm just saying that he was freakishly fast for a man who was absolutely enormous. and that is a pretty clear indication that he's some kind of athletic.

I think Matt Mitrione is quite possibly the best a-level athlete to ever make the transition into mma. He had zero combat sports background and yet still went straight into the ufc and did really well for himself until near the end of his career.
Yeah he was real talented. If he started young he probably would’ve became champ.

I hate Brendan Slob but i remember hearing something about him benching 600 lbs or some other physical feat maybe in his feetball days. He's still a chili ring licker though.

Back