What is the most brutal straight right you have ever seen?

In MMA, Holland has a clean straight right
ScientificWellgroomedGarpike-size_restricted.gif

Including all combat sports, Deontay Wilder's right is supernatural

upload_2023-4-21_12-44-27.gif
It might not be the most brutal, but it sent Herring flipping.

Brock had an okay striking for his experience before the Carwin beatdown.

They made a little documentary, "Road to the octagon" or some bullshit like that and you could see how pampered the guy was. They put on a mock fight in the gym where they told the other guy to let Punk win. And afterwards Punk was struggling to catch his breath.

He didn't put in the work. Were the coaches supposed to chase him around begging him to learn how to throw a punch?

Low point for the UFC.
No, but be forthright. When I coach wrestling and submission grappling, I tell people what they need to hear...not what they want to hear. If you lose someone, it sucks, but there is no way that they are hurting for capital and sending Punk out there makes them look worse than Punk. With him, people can say at least he went out there. There is no excuse for the team. They could have said, we are not going to do it, you are not ready.

I do agree, though, he clearly did not put in the work. And I also question his pure athletic ability as well. Being a professional wrestler you would think it would be there, but there seems to be no evidence in actual combat.

In MMA, Holland has a clean straight right
ScientificWellgroomedGarpike-size_restricted.gif

Including all combat sports, Deontay Wilder's right is supernatural

That sold me on Holland. Crisper than a motherfucker, he knew he got him before he threw it

It does look like an Overhand from that angle but maybe that is because Rogers was a lot taller than Fedor.

It looks more like a straight right from this angle:

fedor-ko-rogers.gif

Yes, it’s as much a straight as it is anything else. He timed it perfectly and comes in under as Rogers is turning for a hook. Even from the other angle it’s clear imho.

Another thing people can’t seem to understand is it’s often impossible to place a punch within a specific category. If someone really wants to call it an overhand then go nuts but to pretend like everything is always obviously one specific punch is hilarious.

I know, it’s hilarious how much power Foreman manages to generate. He’s also 45 years old there.

I know Foreman learned to punch from a legendary boxer, but I've never understood the physics behind his style. He looks like a bear batting fish out of a stream, but somewhere in there are some fucking amazing body mechanics that instantly shut down the toughest human bodies in the world.

Back