How is Jones going to beat Stipe?

By whatever method he likes. Jon Jones vs Stipe would be like a lion mauling a cat. (No disrespect to Stipe, hes a great fighter but Jones is on another level)

Jones would viciously tear his limbs off, like a hungry lion eating a helpless prey.
maxresdefault.jpg

For some reason that Lion in a wheelbarrow is not a great representation of "vicious" sir lol.

I think Jones wins simply by being more dynamic and well rounded. Stipe is a boxer with a wrestling background that he doesn't use much anymore. Jones is faster and will mix up punches, kicks, elbows and takedowns. If it goes to the ground, his jiu-jitsu is much better than Stipe's

Probably just pick away from range for a decision or maybe hope to land a big kick plus of course we don't know what Stipe's chin will be like over 2 years after a KO loss aged 40.
Yeah for all this "old, fat and slow" stuff about Jones, don't forget Stipe is 5 years older and has been KO'd three times (unlike Jones). While Jones has a few more fights on his record than Stipe, he took very little damage in early fights (until Gus #1). Jones is the younger and less damaged fighter with a shorter layoff. Both are past their primes, but there's such a thing as being futher past your prime than the other guy.

Stipe by DQ due to eye pokes.

You heard it here first.

All else a wash like said Jone's intangibles, and elbows. Would like to see Stipe take it.

Oblique kicks. Distance. Cliches. Takedowns. Eye pokes

He beats Stipe by being younger, faster, stronger, and more dedicated. He doesn't beat prime Miocic.

slow, fat, old, clumsy Jones..

That you seen on the feet for all of 30 seconds.. lol

The grudge you hold against this man is insane

You just can't let it go, even when you try to be reasonable..

Gus lost bro.
Thought this dude would disappear after the rumble fight.

Look at how much success DC had striking with Stipe. He knocked out a prime Stipe.

Jones is too crafty on the feet for someone like Stipe. Especially a washed Stipe.

I predict a lopsided decision win for Jon. He picks him apart from range.

Stipe just doesn't have the frightening reach, power or durability of Pavlovich. That's the stopping power needed to put Jon away.

This. Bones will use range and win boring decisions.

Most likely by boring decision like his last few fights at LHW.

By Stipe being incredibly hittable and old. No one has ever tried to wrestle Stipe either. He could be lost on his back. He doesn't strike me as a BJJ wiz.

Probably by taking him down and landing GNP or a submission while Stipe hurts.

By Stipe being incredibly hittable and old. No one has ever tried to wrestle Stipe either. He could be lost on his back. He doesn't strike me as a BJJ wiz.

Jones is the guy that needs to be worried. Stipe has stood across the cage from much more dangerous opponents than Jon. But this will be the biggest baddest fighter that Jones has faced.

We all know Stipe is excited for this, and we all know that Jones isnt.

Stipe is 40 and Jones isn't.

DC knocked out Stipe, pretty sure that means Jones has the ability to do that, too.

Jones has never been beat. There's that, too.

I think Jones grappling and striking is superior to Stipe's. I think he beats him on any front.

I think Jones wins simply by being more dynamic and well rounded. Stipe is a boxer with a wrestling background that he doesn't use much anymore. Jones is faster and will mix up punches, kicks, elbows and takedowns. If it goes to the ground, his jiu-jitsu is much better than Stipe's
you talk lhw jones
hw jones we didnt see much besides pathetic gane (and very slow and fat jones)

Back