We have to talk about Losene Keita, UFC must sign him.

HuskySamoan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
No, it's not a Shara Bullet thread but hoping to manifest the same result. There probably is not a better prospect in all of MMA right now that isn't already signed to a major promotion (KSW, UFC, Bellator, ONE, ACA, PFL). Coming out of Guinea Africa, Losene Keita's raw athleticism reminds me of a young Jose Aldo. A Featherweight himself and only 25 years old at 11-0 Keita is fighting out of Belgium and is the Belgian promotion Oktagon's double champ, interim at Featherweight and official at Lightweight. These guys he's beating, he's absolutely destroying, the level of speed, power and athleticism is pretty rare.

His last three opponents all got beaten to a pulp and knocked out, he fought yesterday vs Jakub Tichota who was a 5-1 pro and 14-5 amateur from the Czech republic

8335619.jpg

Prior to the Tichota massacre, Losene Keita fought Sweden's Samuel Bark also known as Sammon Dekkers, Bark got that nickname fighting in Thailand where he was well respected reaching a top 10 rank and even training out of a Thai only gym. Samuel bark made the transition from Muay Thai to MMA at 27 and was 8-1 going into his bout with Keita.

here's a highlight real of Samuel Bark's muay thai career so you can better appreciate what Losene Keita does to him.

and then here's the fight between Samuel Bark and Losene Keita. (skip to 8:50 for the start of the fight)

And lastly prior to the Samuel Bark bludgeoning Keita fought long time MMA veteran 39-7 Ivan Buchinger, finishing him in violent fashion

I'm not going to lie, this has a bit of a Conor McGregor circa Cagewarriors vibe to it. Keita is one of those prospects I'm relatively certain if you dropped into the top 10 of the UFC he'd hold his own, if not contend.

1m-ktkpTURBXy84MTg5ZWZhMzBiZGEyZmY3OTY3YTY5MzlkOTkwNjg1Yi5qcGeSlQNRzM7NBsPNA86VAs0H0ADCww

Is there a double champion clause in his contract?

No, it's not a Shara Bullet thread but hoping to manifest the same result. There probably is not a better prospect in all of MMA right now that isn't already signed to a major promotion (KSW, UFC, Bellator, ONE, ACA, PFL). Coming out of Guinea Africa, Losene Keita's raw athleticism reminds me of a young Jose Aldo. A Featherweight himself and only 25 years old at 11-0 Keita is fighting out of Belgium and is the Belgian promotion Oktagon's double champ, interim at Featherweight and official at Lightweight. These guys he's beating, he's absolutely destroying, the level of speed, power and athleticism is pretty rare.

His last three opponents all got beaten to a pulp and knocked out, he fought yesterday vs Jakub Tichota who was a 5-1 pro and 14-5 amateur from the Czech republic

8335619.jpg

Prior to the Tichota massacre, Losene Keita fought Sweden's Samuel Bark also known as Sammon Dekkers, Bark got that nickname fighting in Thailand where he was well respected reaching a top 10 rank and even training out of a Thai only gym. Samuel bark made the transition from Muay Thai to MMA at 27 and was 8-1 going into his bout with Keita.

here's a highlight real of Samuel Bark's muay thai career so you can better appreciate what Losene Keita does to him.

and then here's the fight between Samuel Bark and Losene Keita. (skip to 8:50 for the start of the fight)

And lastly prior to the Samuel Bark bludgeoning Keita fought long time MMA veteran 39-7 Ivan Buchinger, finishing him in violent fashion

I'm not going to lie, this has a bit of a Conor McGregor circa Cagewarriors vibe to it. Keita is one of those prospects I'm relatively certain if you dropped into the top 10 of the UFC he'd hold his own, if not contend.

1m-ktkpTURBXy84MTg5ZWZhMzBiZGEyZmY3OTY3YTY5MzlkOTkwNjg1Yi5qcGeSlQNRzM7NBsPNA86VAs0H0ADCww

Looks interesting. Hope the UFC signs him.

8335619.jpg

McGregor vibes require caricature level ethnojingoism and being a terrible person.

McGregor vibes require caricature level ethnojingoism and being a terrible person.

Conor was amazing when the UFC signed him, young, surging, super talented with emphatic wins. Keita is a more impressive prospect relative to who he's beaten and being undefeated yet there is less noise, probably in part because Conor was Irish. That said the double champ at 145 and 155, being 25/26 years old, knocking Ivan Buchinger out...there's some real parallels.

Can he travel to the US ? I think he has been jailed twice and foreigners with a record struggle to be authorized in the US

Can he travel to the US ? I think he has been jailed twice and foreigners with a record struggle to be authorized in the US

Oh shit, do you have a link to his history in regards to that?

You took this idea from @careto in the hype trains thread in the worldwide MMA forum without crediting him.

<Deported1>

This is not some sort of unique concept, I was making prospects I felt needed to be signed threads back in 2009 on the UFC forums. I didn't take the idea from anyone and I've done these relative to region over the last year off and on as well. I don't care though, @careto is a good poster, give'm a shout.

Rome wasn't built in one day, Conor was humble and grateful for blueberries back when he was on social welfare. This guy has already been in jail who's to say he can't become a bigger trainwreck than Conor once the money and fame hit him? Have a little patience and faith.

I made an African prospect thread like 6 months ago and Keita was one of the guys I talked about on it. I was waiting to make this thread until more shareable footage of the Tichota fight dropped but then said screw it. This has nothing to do with careto's post and the coincidence would make sense, I mean he fought yesterday and is one of the hottest prospects in the sport? I just don't get what you're trying to say here but you're coming off a bit dense.

Best featherweight outiside the UFC now that Patricio has dropped to 135 imo. An absolute fucking monster and I'm pretty confident that he'll be a future UFC champion.

I do think they'll sign him and predict he'll debut on the Paris card.

I think it's tough to say, he's young but he can get really wild standing, he just gets away with it because of his speed and power. He also has yet to face a strong grappler. I don't actually think the "outside the UFC" Top 10 Featherweights are any worse than the UFCs top 10. Khizriev, Omarov, Suleymanov, Loughnane, Parnasse etc. I'm not confident yet he's better than all those guys. To be frank, Patricio I think is slowing down and would lose to several of the fellas I just listed.

I think it's tough to say, he's young but he can get really wild standing, he just gets away with it because of his speed and power. He also has yet to face a strong grappler. I don't actually think the "outside the UFC" Top 10 Featherweights are any worse than the UFCs top 10. Khizriev, Omarov, Suleymanov, Loughnane, Parnasse etc. I'm not confident yet he's better than all those guys. To be frank, Patricio I think is slowing down and would lose to several of the fellas I just listed.

I'd go

1. Losene
2. Parnagoat
3. Suleymanov
4. Lougnane
5. Omarov
6. Borics
7. Khizriev
8. Movlid
9. Hughes
10. Bibert

I do believe the UFC top 10 is better though.

Boooo. It's another fake African. This man doesn't drink African water or breathe African air! I am teasing. I hope they sign him though because he will trigger people. He needs to stop playing around with the hair dye. His hairline has started to recede for a 25 year old.

Last edited:
I'd go

1. Losene
2. Parnagoat
3. Suleymanov
4. Lougnane
5. Omarov
6. Borics
7. Khizriev
8. Movlid
9. Hughes
10. Bibert

I do believe the UFC top 10 is better though.

A great striker with good grappling will lose to a great grappler 4 times out of 5. A great grappler with bad striking will beat a great striker with good grappling more times than not as well. When someone like Keita has never fought a great grappler or even a good one and from what I've gathered in where he trains, he doesn't get regular mat time with great wrestlers or great grappling coaches...I am weary he beats some of these guys. Safe to assume he probably wouldn't, since he hasn't done anything to show he can yet and more times than not guys fail those tests. He of course has the physicality and athleticism to over perform but it's a real question still.

I'd add Patricio to that list since he has expressed no intention of giving up his belt. I might not add Borics or Hughes to my top 10 but besides that it's the same guys. Gotta say, I favor a lot of those guys over Giga, Kattar, Emmet and Zombie. I definitely favor some of the strong grapplers to beat Yair too and I think some of these guys give Topuria and Evloev real competitive fights. I'm skeptical of Ortega too, he's very good but the injuries and inactivity and he's definitely beatable. Allen and Holloway are great and Volk I do think is the best. But I'm not sold the UFCs top 10 is overall better.

A great striker with good grappling will lose to a great grappler 4 times out of 5. A great grappler with bad striking will beat a great striker with good grappling more times than not as well. When someone like Keita has never fought a great grappler or even a good one and from what I've gathered in where he trains, he doesn't get regular mat time with great wrestlers or great grappling coaches...I am weary he beats some of these guys. Safe to assume he probably wouldn't, since he hasn't done anything to show he can yet and more times than not guys fail those tests. He of course has the physicality and athleticism to over perform but it's a real question still.

I'd add Patricio to that list since he has expressed no intention of giving up his belt. I might not add Borics or Hughes to my top 10 but besides that it's the same guys. Gotta say, I favor a lot of those guys over Giga, Kattar, Emmet and Zombie. I definitely favor some of the strong grapplers to beat Yair too and I think some of these guys give Topuria and Evloev real competitive fights. I'm skeptical of Ortega too, he's very good but the injuries and inactivity and he's definitely beatable. Allen and Holloway are great and Volk I do think is the best. But I'd I'm not sold the UFCs top 10 is overall better.

I think Losene shows very strong offensive wrestling. I also think he's ridiculously athletic which is likely to give him a good sprawl, he's also very strong so I think he can turn guys off the cage.

I dunno about beating this new Yair with a guard, dude seems like a problem. I think you're underrating Kattar too. Giga I think can lose to good wrestlers but always dangerous on the feet. I do agree Zombie is past his best now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back