Ever yell at someone at work?

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
We have this old guy at my work and he's a complete princess pain in the ass. He wont unload his truck properly if even a single box or piece of debris is in his way, he will throw a tantrum and put stuff where it doesn't belong. Today he puts something where it doesn't go as usual, so I get it and bring it to where it does go. He starts yelling at me not to put it there because its blocking his way. I tell him its not blocking anything, all he had to do was move one crate an inch over and there was room. He says he doesn't have time to do my job for me. I tell him its his job and he could have figured it out if he didn't fuckin suck at his job. He tells me to move my shit out of his way. I told him to shut the fuck up.

I definitely lost my cool, but people who suck at their jobs annoy me

Last edited:
I’ve gotten nasty to the point of not being proud of it once.

I have a lot of patience for idiots but my god this one person was such an F up and it was impacting my work so badly. Got HR called on me and I AM HR!

Nope. I just remember who the dickheads are and find other ways to make their lives suck. Like putting laxatives in their coffee.

Working in a prison, I have yelled at both inmates and staff. Never a proud moment, but sometimes, I have no choice. As I age, I am much more cutting than loud. For an example, if an inmate gets disrespectful, I will say, "Let me remind you of our relationship." Then I make them turn around and pat search them in front of everyone. As I do it, I lecture them on respect and how I always show it, but need to receive it back to continue that relationship. If the inmate shows respect moving forward, we are fine and I never, ever hold it against them. We all have bad days, but unfortunately, I need to be the alpha occasionally.

Not really yell, but let know I'm not pleased. Lazy people , that I have to carry and do their work... ***wish we could go back to the days when people wanted to work and we didn't hire anyone off the street...

I don’t but I work in warehouse and people are screaming at each other all the time. The supervisor yell at each more than everyone else. They have no professionalism.

Yes, when you work as a builder mistakes often occur and most times yelling is the only way to get the point across. From simple mistakes such as ruining someone's finish work, to the matter of safety of someone improperly using a power tool(ie not using a guard on a grinder, no harnesses on roofs etc.)

Working in a prison, I have yelled at both inmates and staff. Never a proud moment, but sometimes, I have no choice. As I age, I am much more cutting than loud. For an example, if an inmate gets disrespectful, I will say, "Let me remind you of our relationship." Then I make them turn around and pat search them in front of everyone. As I do it, I lecture them on respect and how I always show it, but need to receive it back to continue that relationship. If the inmate shows respect moving forward, we are fine and I never, ever hold it against them. We all have bad days, but unfortunately, I need to be the alpha occasionally.

Pfft try that on a keyholder and your ass is getting checked eh holms? Or something

The supreme alpha move would be to do a cavity search in front of everyone (raw, extra dry of course), but I respect this approach.

I'm a Electrical construction GF . If I'm not yelling at least 20 times a day at somebday I'm doing something wrong I figure.

Constantly , but while corrective when needs be I'm so over the top on purpose it usually makes people laugh. I imitate r Lee emerary in full metal jacket most of the time when I'm yelling. I was giving a new driver that shit last night.

Was like I will make a driver out of you because I don't quit on people and you will not quit on me because quitting is how you become a loser. They will hold a contest for losers and you will come in second place cuz you are a loser and you will remember this day was the day you being a quitter began and you will remember me telling you so!...like that's usually how I yell at someone...and they usually laugh but damned if they don't do it right next time.

Weeding out people who can't hack it is actually part of my job and I'm pretty good at it. Just apply a bit of pressure to these kids and it usually does the trick.its like parents and teachers have super low expectations of them and someone actually holding them to task gives them a self esteem boost and turns them into a valued and productive employee

The supreme alpha move would be to do a cavity search in front of everyone (raw, extra dry of course), but I respect this approach.
The old school method on this is you did it backwards. Normally, you have the inmate mess up his hair, open his mouth and move his tongue, lift his genitals, squat/spread and cough, and then lift their feet, but if you wanted to be an asshole, you did that order in reverse.

Yes, when you work as a builder mistakes often occur and most times yelling is the only way to get the point across. From simple mistakes such as ruining someone's finish work, to the matter of safety of someone improperly using a power tool(ie not using a guard on a grinder, no harnesses on roofs etc.)

I work as a builder aswell..

I find talking to the guy doing the job and explaining to his boss in a casual manor what i expect for a market price does the job..

If i yell i'm the one who fucked up..Zen-naar-de-zon-e1560938291230.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kb7
We have this old guy at my work and he's a complete princess pain in the ass. He wont unload his truck properly if even a single box or piece of debris is in his way, he will throw a tantrum and put stuff where it doesn't belong. Today he puts something where it doesn't go as usual, so I get it and bring it to where it does go. He starts yelling at me not to put it there because its blocking his way. I tell him its not blocking anything, all he had to do was move one crate an inch over and there was room. He says he doesn't have time to do my job for me. I tell him its his job and he could have figured it out if he didn't fuckin suck at his job. He tells me to move my shit out of his way. I told him to shut the fuck up.

I definitely lost my cool, but people who suck at their jobs annoy me
Next time that happens<{cuts}>

Back