• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News *** Francis Ngannou Free Agency/Contract/Decision Making Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Which MMA promotion/organization do you think Ngannou will sign with?

• Total voters
It seems like whatever he is asking apart from money is a dealbreaker for other promotions like it was for the UFC.

Boy a lot of you want to bury his ass simply because he doesn't have a fight with Fury on the books.

Sure, at first glance UFC seems like the deal he should've taking. But Francis took the path less traveled and got his free agency period. We really shouldn't shit on him too much for that. Isn't that what most fighters want and it seems like a lot of posters who bitch about UFC pay want that also???

It sounds as if Francis could be announcing his new deal in the next week or so. It sounds like PFL. PFL is doing odd things right now with this PPV series thing they want to do. PFL is rumored to be buying Bellator. PFL PPV is giving Francis more of the other things he was looking for beyond just money. Its allowing Francis to bet on himself. I won't be shocked if Jake Paul's MVP promotion promotes Francis on the boxing side and PFL will allow him to do that. Also the PFL has talked about these other versions of PFL around the globe and maybe promising Francis some piece of the pie in Africa version is probably intriguing for Francis even though it's nothing but a dream at this point. Maybe even PFL gives him a very small percentage of the PPV series of PFL. But all this or some of it together is what make Francis feel like his part of the business and not just a hired gun like in the UFC. Now will he make more money than the UFC deal, none of us really know. I would say it highly likely he won't, unless he pulls a miracle and gets one of these big HW's to box with him. But if it makes him happy and he is making good money then that's probably more important to him than making an extra few million over his last few years and he has the potential to maybe be part of something after fighting depending on his deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKS
So many drama queens on here. I'm sure he was aware that getting a fight with someone like Fury or Wilder in boxing takes FOREVER to actually get done and there's no bully Uncle Dana to compel fighters to do anything. A big boxing fight is going to take a while to put together.
In the mean time, Francis already has plenty of money. He could also sign a 2 fight deal with One, Bellator or any other promotion that doesn't have the Draconian contracts that the UFC has, if he gets bored waiting.
Also, there are strong indications of a possible Bellator/PFL merger, he could slot in there easily for huge money.

Also, if you think Dana wouldn't actually take him back in a heartbeat after this is over despite what he says, I've got a bridge for sale in New Jersey. Come on by.

My friend, you need to wake up. You mentioned ONE? This whole thread is about ONE saying they're not offering a contract to Francis. Bellator already said they're not pursuing it cause he's asking for too much money. BKFC already said he's asking for too much and wont pay. The only mma promotion that is left who's still in talks is PFL.

Francis is not signing a contract with just anyone if he gets bored lol. His next move is crucial to the rest of his career and it has to be the right deal and move, not just some random deal. How Francis dictates his next move is going to basically declare his market value for the rest of his career. If he signs some random deal, his value goes down drastically. No one is going to want to pay Francis the money he wants if he's willing to take something random to pass the time.

On the topic of boxing fights taking a long time. Fury is the one boxer that takes a long time to put fights together and only because he's at the end of his career and every fight is a massive deal and pay day. Wilder on the other hand is active and fights often, his fights get put together quickly. Only time it didn't is when Fury was involved.

The problem for Francis and getting a big boxing fight is his lack of promotion and timing. Fury was down to do it when he was UFC champ and had the promotion behind him. The fact that no boxing promoter will be able to actually use his fight footage from the UFC to promote him is a big deterrent. Fury has lost interest, Joshua and Wilder are nearly a done deal. What works against him as well is time, he's been inactive since Jan of 2022, by the time anything comes together in boxing it's gonna be late 2023 or 2024.

It's not whether the UFC will take him back. It's whether he will want to come back on their terms and it's highly unlikely that he will, he seems like a proud guy and wont bend down. Dana would be happy to do it, but it will be all on their terms.

His best and seems only deal right now is PFL. If he's smart he will take that deal, win some fights and then when he's got some promotion behind him he can possibly angle for a boxing fight.

Boy a lot of you want to bury his ass simply because he doesn't have a fight with Fury on the books.

Sure, at first glance UFC seems like the deal he should've taking. But Francis took the path less traveled and got his free agency period. We really shouldn't shit on him too much for that. It isn't that what most fighters want and it seems like a lot of posters who bitch about UFC pay want that also???

It sounds as if Francis could be announcing his new deal in the next week or so. It sounds like PFL. PFL is doing odd things right now with this PPV series thing they want to do. PFL is rumored to be buying Bellator. PFL PPV is giving Francis more of the other things he was looking for beyond just money. Its allowing Francis to bet on himself. I won't be shocked if Jake Paul's MVP promotion promotes Francis on the boxing side and PFL will allow him to do that. Also the PFL has talked about these other versions of PFL around the globe and maybe promising Francis some piece of the pie in Africa version is probably intriguing for Francis even though it's nothing but a dream at this point. Maybe even PFL gives him a very small percentage of the PPV series of PFL. But all this or some of it together is what make Francis feel like his part of the business and not just a hired gun like in the UFC. Now will he make more money than the UFC deal, none of us really know. I would say it highly likely he won't, unless he pulls a miracle and gets one of these big HW's to box with him. But if it makes him happy and he is making good money then that's probably more important to him than making an extra few million over his last few years and he has the potential to maybe be part of something after fighting depending on his deal.

I think at this point it's pretty clear he will likely end up with PFL. I don't see a boxing fight coming into fruition this year. I think the best move is to get back on track with PFL, get some wins and good KO footage to promote him and then approach a boxing fight for 2024. Wilder has always been the best option as he was open to boxing and mma fights.

<LikeReally5>

It is a surface level response of fans (having a meltdown 3 months removed).

Don't break obvious things down ... in your head, or online.

Takes years for boxing matches come together,
Takes THREE years (and a champ to retire) ... for Jones to "re-appear".

Jones and Francis are always unique scenarios, but fans don't care.

You got hung up on emphasizing the wrong point.

Well you opened with the wrong point lol saying Jon took 3 years off so Francis can as well ignoring the obvious fact that Jon was still under contract with the same promotion. The promotion that built him and had the ability to promote him in his return. Furthermore, Jon was a far more established name and draw than Francis. Francis has no footage to promote him, it's a whole new promoter that will need to build him up. So him taking 3 years off works heavily against him working with a new promoter. If he's coming back to the UFC it's a different scenario.

And I am doubting that any big boxing promoter will be offering Francis a big fight considering they cant promote him well. Francis will need to build himself up again if he's gonna get a big boxing fight. That means sign with PFL (his only option at this point) and the potentially approach a boxing fight after. It could take time to put together a fight with Wilder or another big name, but it's time that Francis doesnt really have.

I cant believe nagounou listened to ariel the weasel helwani for financial and career advice.

And it was so fucking obvious that Ariel was using the whole thing to serve is little anti-UFC agenda.

He doesn't give 2 shits about Francis - he just cares about Francis coming on his show so he can make his shekels.

Wow! The guy was offered 8 million dollars for a fight. Anyone in their right mind would have accepted that. Newsflash, maybe fighting just isn't worth $16,000,000.00 dollars a show. Let this be a lesson to all of you. When someone offers you a life changing amount of money for 25 minutes of your time, you take the offer...
Ding ding ding. Francis became a diva and a pain in the ass. Massively overrated himself and what he’s worth. Destroyed his own career in laughable fashion. Lmfao what a clown show.

I'm generally always pro-fighter on these matters but when everyone is finding you difficult to work with you're probably difficult to work with.

Or you value yourself differently than other fighters. I don't understand the whole "difficult to work with" thing.. just seems like a PR move by the UFC that others pick up on. He's been very clear with what he wants. These other organizations can't really offer that or want to, but they still try negotiating with him for some reason thinking they can get him to change his mind.

He's out there seeing what's realistic. If he gets his big boxing match pay day, great. If not, he'll take the highest MMA offer... then retire after a fight or two. Or he might retire now. He's made his money. Probably has invested in some business in Cameroon, and abroad.

Ariel called Francis to get his side of the story about the negotiations with One falling through. Ngannou told him he's close to signing with someone and may do so this week. He has a verbal agreement.

We know it won't be UFC, One, Bellator or BKFC so that pretty much only leaves PFL.

Ariel called Francis to get his side of the story about the negotiations with One falling through. Ngannou told him he's close to signing with someone and may do so this week. He has a verbal agreement.

We know it won't be UFC, One, Bellator or BKFC so that pretty much only leaves PFL.

I for one would like to see Big Frank vs Horsemeat Werdum in PFL

So much juice, juice guy

<{JustBleed}>

Back