Kron had the most pathetic performance from a male fighter since CM Punk

YyslyNA.jpg
Well done, thanks for that two second gif everyone has seen. No one is saying Askren has good striking but it was effective enough to implement his grappling.

Its not that Sambo is superior, its that the fighters who employ Sambo are superior right now.

Sambo has been around along time in MMA and was never this good.

Sambo moves demand effort and development of athletic ability. You learn bear crawl, crab walk and all forms of movement and maneuvering that increases coordination vs paying 250 dollars a month to lay on your back like a pussy.

Kosen judo was judo on the ground and Jigaro Kano who founded judo hated that particular style of judo because it promotes lethargy and that real men had to move and be dynamic movers on their feet which requires grip strength, balance and explosive fast twitch muscles to go with excellent timing.

Sambo has been around for a long time and they have had excellent fighters from Gokor to Oleg to Fedor despite barely any trainers out there who can teach it properly.

Kron is a completely green fighter in general - he's had 6 fights total in his entire life.

He hasn't fought in nearly 3 years and got matched up with a black belt that's a great fighter in his own right.

This was either going to be a beating or a submission win for Kron, the beating was far more likely.

It reminded me of how Ronda fought against women who didn't just roll over for her. Try to clinch. No luck. Try to clinch. No luck. Try to clinch, kind of get them down, then they stand back up. Try to clinch. No luck.

Jiu Jitsu community needed this wake up call because BJJ is due for a major transformation in the takedown department.

This is why Sambo is more relevant in today's MMA.

Preach.

I wish the Judo ruleset didn't get bastardized around a decade ago)

Especially with MMA being legalized in France recently.

Is it that fucking hard for grapplers to learn... Ya know, a takedown?

What was lame was kron just walking away after the decision.

It’s already happened … you’ve got traditional
Bjj gyms .. eg Gi ….. and Nogi Comp gyms which have pretty much become submission wrestling

Jiu-Jitsu doesn’t need a wake up call, 99.9999% of no-gi champs have doubles/singles and standing sweeps of some kind.

It’s the GRACIE family, Helio’s descendants mainly, that refuse to wake up.

What if you're the biggest Gracie hater ever?

Is it worth watching then?

I need my weekly dose of Schaudenfreude.
The guy just walks through punches to hug or pull guard. His "kicks" wouldn't even make a toddler fall. They'd teach a toddler how to walk, actually, the toddler being offended by such a disgrace to the art of homo sapiens leg moving.

When Kron punches, it looks like he's trying to elicit arousal in order to have consensual sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation. Good news ! He only punches when he's in the missionary position.

His face throughout the 15 minutes of the fight will give you a full palette of colors, from fresh pink to tomato red, but without shedding a drop of blood though, which is intriguing.

If we evaluate this, and the efficiency of his striking, my hypothesis is that Jourdain fought an hologram of some Gracie coming from the future to teach us the art of sucking at MMA.

Jiu Jitsu community needed this wake up call because BJJ is due for a major transformation in the takedown department.

This is why Sambo is more relevant in today's MMA.
they'll just start training the same head and arm throw, but call it a judo name, and then quit training it altogether.

Back