• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

LOL Dana still hates GSP

The Accuser

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In the 288 post presser he talked about how great Jones is, saying "Who other than Jon Jones has taken 3 years off and looked as incredible as he did, going in there finishing a guy in a division he has never fought before as easily as he did."

The reporter says "Maybe GSP but he had a tough time with Bisping", to which Dana replies: "I don't know know if anybody has ever done it like Jon Jones" - absolutely no-selling GSP. It's almost hilarious at this point.

Of course Jones made it look easier than GSP but

- GSP had been gone for 4 years, Jones had been gone for 3 years
- GSP was 37, Jones was 35
- Bisping had a lot of experience and is very well rounded with excellent tdd, Gane is hilariously one-dimensional with not one day of wrestling, grappling or jiu jitsu experience

Not saying Jones didn't look good. But absolutely no-selling GSP is ridiculous.

At 37:25

OIP.j-QG30yh1PyZXLoFUrX3qAAAAA

Jones currently makes money for the UFC. Gsp doesn't. Dana is a promoter. What is so hard for you to understand?

Maybe I am not a fucking noob. He has praised Anderson as the GOAT long after he stopped making money for the UFC. And he ALWAYS snubs GSP. But maybe you haven't been watching the sport for long enough.

GSP is on the 2nd level of MMA greatness. He shouldn’t be grouped with Jon Jones, sorry. Nobody is on the Jon Jones level.
Jon Jones is a notorious cheat, and a worse human being. GSP is miles above him. So is every single champ that did it clean, oh and not T-boning pregnant women is also a plus.

In the 288 post presser he talked about how great Jones is, saying "Who other than Jon Jones has taken 3 years off and looked as incredible as he did, going in there finishing a guy in a division he has never fought before as easily as he did."

The reporter says "Maybe GSP but he had a tough time with Bisping", to which Dana replies: "I don't know know if anybody has ever done it like Jon Jones" - absolutely no-selling GSP. It's almost hilarious at this point.

Of course Jones made it look easier than GSP but

- GSP had been gone for 4 years, Jones had been gone for 3 years
- GSP was 37, Jones was 35
- Bisping had a lot of experience and is very well rounded with excellent tdd, Gane is hilariously one-dimensional with not one day of wrestling, grappling or jiu jitsu experience

Not saying Jones didn't look good. But absolutely no-selling GSP is ridiculous.

At 37:25

- GSP wasn't 37, was 36 first of all.

- And Gane >>> Bisping in the only thing Bisping could really complicate to GSP, that is purely striking.

- And in the day of their fights, GSP was 36 and Bisping 39. In the other hand, Jones was 35 and Gane 32. GSP was 3 years younger than Bisping and Jones 3 years older than Gane.

Your post lacks some information. But, yeah, just information that doesn't mean anything, I know. :rolleyes:

Although I dislike Dana, he is right. Nothing personal against GSP, but he cherry picked Bisping to come back and be MW champ. Jones at least tried Ngannou since the beginning and Ngannou got out from UFC.

Last edited:
Back