Social Gays can now donate blood!

could also be due to shortages that have occured needing to open it up a bit more

Yes, and it costs money to test, so if people having a bunch of random anal sex keep turning up with unusable blood, and they keep having to pay to test it just to find out they can't use it, they're better off telling people engaging in risky behavior to not bother.

And how exactly would you legitimately filter out people who engage in "risky behavior?" A f*ckin questionnaire? Booty-hole inspections?

Suggesting that anyone can legitimately purity test medical procedures is more idiotic than just spending the money by a Country mile.

And that's why I made a satirical post making fun of homophobic rationalization of discrimination on this topic. Because even when you try to make it sound logical, its f*ckin dumb.

Haven't they always tested it? So your answer has no bearing on this situation.

if theyve always tested, then whats the issue? there still going to test. just like they always have.
so your not going to be more likely to get aids, or teh ghey

you do realize they will fucking test and confirm the blood is clean right? just like they do if you give blood?

fuck you people are insane some times.
Guess I'll just quote my own response to the other person who made the same ridiculous post, as if they want to keep testing unusable blood.

It wasn't "the gheys" in the first place, it was anybody who had anal sex with new people or multiple partners in the last 3 months. It would apply to you as well if you fucked a bunch of random girls in the ass in the last 12 weeks.

Yes, and it costs money to test, so if people having a bunch of random anal sex keep turning up with unusable blood, and they keep having to pay to test it just to find out they can't use it, they're better off telling people engaging in risky behavior to not bother.

I ran this through my Meh-O-Meter twice and got 0 both times. Didn't even register.

I wish you could put on a medical card that you “don’t want no queer blood” in you, so atleast you’d do one good thing in your life and open a hospital bes up for someone else not as ignorant

Why the ignorant label?

No scientific evidence was given to prove it's safer, now, for gays to give.

Monogamy is the loophole!

Last I checked there was a need for more blood donors rather than less. Pretending to give a shit about the costs of blood tests (especially after voting for trickle down economics republicans) is a very lame excuse

And how exactly would you legitimately filter out people who engage in "risky behavior?" A f*ckin questionnaire? Booty-hole inspections?

Suggesting that anyone can legitimately purity test medical procedures is more idiotic than just spending the money by a Country mile.

And that's why I made a satirical post making fun of homophobic rationalization of discrimination on this topic. Because even when you try to make it sound logical, its f*ckin dumb.
<Kpop01>

Don't know what a "booty-hole inspection" is, or why that was what you were fantasizing about, but yes to the questionnaire. Doctors, insurance providers etc do that all the time. They ask if you smoke, drink, use drugs, engage in risky sexual behavior. There isn't some huge upside to lying and trying to fool the doctor into thinking your AIDS or lung cancer just fell from the sky.

Last I checked there was a need for more blood donors rather than less. Pretending to give a shit about the costs of blood tests (especially after voting for trickle down economics republicans) is a very lame excuse
What is the absolute shit does your imaginary "trickle down economics" have to do with you having anal sex with random dudes?

You do realize tests aren't 100% accurate and there is a very good reason why they didn't accept it in the first place? The risks outweight the benefits and unless tests have dramatically improved that remains the case.

Seems like just another case of feelings trumping science yet again.

Blood testing for HIV is incredibly accurate. Saying "it's not 100%" is a false representation as almost every detection system can have a .1 or .01% margin of error. HIV tests are so accurate theyve already accurately demonstrated that gay and bisexual men have already been donating.

if theyve always tested, then whats the issue? there still going to test. just like they always have.
so your not going to be more likely to get aids, or teh ghey
There are already minimal cases of transfusion std infection. Mostly HIV

The problem is the undetectable window of time with these infections. Testing of the blood will not detect the infection if it's still within a certain window of time from contracting it

Granted, this is already a problem with other STDs.

But I don't understand why you would change the rules now just to get blood from 3% or 4% of the population, when that 3 or 4 percent carry significantly more STDs

<Kpop01>

Don't know what a "booty-hole inspection" is, or why that was what you were fantasizing about, but yes to the questionnaire. Doctors, insurance providers etc do that all the time. They ask if you smoke, drink, use drugs, engage in risky sexual behavior. There isn't some huge upside to lying and trying to fool the doctor into thinking your AIDS or lung cancer just fell from the sky.

There is a financial incentive to lying to donate blood. And it's already been happening at statistically significant rates.

There is a financial incentive to lying to donate blood. And it's already been happening at statistically significant rates.
They don't pay you for blood donation. They pay you for plasma, but just giving blood is volunteer.

It costs money to test, and 90 days is also the detection window for AIDS after exposure, hence the 90 days since engaging in risky sexual behavior. I know you guys want to be play the victim, but believe it or not some people don't want AIDS.

I had blood a few weeks ago. Kept passing out at work and heart rate was through the roof, passed out in the hallway and they took me in the e room(I work in a hospital) they said my blood hemaglobin was very low. Gave me fluids and released me and then I started shutting black tar for blood. Went back in and my levels had dropped to below 7 (they should be 14-16) and I didn’t give a fuck who’s blood I got and if you are stupid enough to be a bigot when it comes to saving your life, you deserve to be passed over.

They don't pay you for blood donation. They pay you for plasma, but just giving blood is volunteer.

It costs money to test, and 90 days is also the detection window for AIDS after exposure, hence the 90 days since engaging in risky sexual behavior. I know you guys want to be play the victim, but believe it or not some people don't want AIDS.

Donating plasma IS donating blood. You can't "donate plasma" without blood draw. This is hair-splitting.

If you dont want HIV (you dont get AIDS from blood), then pay for the cost of testing. It's weird to argue that you dont want a thing but you dont want to pay for the thing that would make sure you dont get the thing from ANYONE. Because the fact is that there's still nearly 40% of people who have HIV who arent gay.

BTW there ain't no "you guys" here. I'm heterosexual. I just think discrimination is stupid when technology efficiently addresses risks, especially being as I live in a City where the worst massacre in US History happened and Hospitals literally ran out of blood in a single night.

If its safe then fine. The worry was AIDs getting past the testing. If you have had other or are at risk for other types of sickness you are not supposed to give blood.

Back