Employment sector is absolutely f-----.

Kiss My D’arce

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Apart from a summer job i briefly had last year, ive been unable to find full time employment since october 2021. Before i used to think that everyone wants experienced workers, yet nobody wants to give people experience. Now even having experience isn’t enough…

I just had a very good interview with a place i used to work for a few years ago with far less experience in the role than i do now, it went well I thought but then got the “sorry go fuck yourself, tinned beans dinner for you it looks like!” email.

i have a ton of experience, my cv/resume is good, my cover letter is good and i tweak it according to each application. But nothing…

the only time i started even getting interviews was a few months ago when i started lying/exaggerating my skills and experiences. what pissed me off about that though was the fact i was then getting follow-up interviews too for jobs that ignored my previous, non-lying application (so clearly i was competent enough for the job the entire time…)

unemployed for a year and a half now, i don’t know how i do it to be honest. I hardly live a life, cant afford to train, can’t afford clothes, can’t afford to just go out and do stuff most of the time. Nearly 2 years i’ve just had to waste prime years of my life rotting away in my house because i am forced to.
- money controls absolutely everything. I feel hopeless and helpless at the fact my entire life and wellbeing isn’t even up to me, but entirely in the hands of other human beings to decide if i get to work or not.

also, the amount of fucking retards i see working when im out and about.

At this point i feel like i will be forced to do some real scummy, desperate shit for money.

Fuck this shit. Ready to walk into the next place that rejects me and blow my fucking head off in the reception area and hopefully the janitor realises how lucky he is to be employed as he mops up all my brain matter.

the question though is “WHY?” What the fuck is this shit? Who is their ideal candidate? And more importantly “WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME THEN!?” instead of just telling me i wasn’t good enough with no further details so I can’t even learn from the experience, its like they think their interpretation of your interview entirely defines you, thats who you are and there’s nothing you can do to work on that. Warped.

i really wish i could just say “fuck it” and live like The Dude from The Big Lebowski but i can’t afford to buy the ingredients for a White Russian, i can’t even afford to live like The Dude…

I don’t want pity, I don’t want government money, I don’t want to be a bum. I just want to work and in a field i am more than qualified and experienced to do…

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that bud. May I ask what field of work you’re in and what type of places you’ve been applying to?

I understand the frustration, but your attitude probably isn't helping.

What industry do you work in? Are you in a big metropolitan area? In the US or another country?

Do you have any skills you could do freelance work with until you find something stable?

Well wtf is the field? Hard to say anything when you don’t say what your field is. If you’re a nuclear engineer and have Chernobyl on your resume nobody can help, if you’re a carpenter that’s different guy

yeah my bad. I started as a mortgage consultant and then bounced around other offices doing whatever i could get (complaints, account support etc) office based inbound-telephony support

Go get a job in the renewables or energy storage industry. If you can use a wrench, any number of places will hire you on the spot for installing solar panels.

yeah my bad. I started as a mortgage consultant and then bounced around other offices doing whatever i could get (complaints, account support etc) office based inbound-telephony support

Not too much to say other than either start a bit lower than you want and work up and/or get some schooling/certifications in something related.

Regardless, good luck.

If you want to clear all your personal information off your resume I would be happy to take a look at it and give you some tips or pointers.

Go work at a factory

I work at a factory. We almost always have job openings including ones that have VERY low barriers to entry and start around $18-20 / hr.

You've had jobs, but then you've lost them.
You're getting interviews, and no follow ups.... maybe you're just a cunt? Dunno.

Honestly, do you have an MBA or what education have you invested into this career path? Is there a reason you seem to want to stay in the white collar world?

You could start your own mortgage consultant firm, if you wanted, or look at a completely different career than office work.

At a certain point it's the definition of insanity to keep banging your head against the same wall y'know?

So, do you have an MBA or what education have you invested into this career path?

You could start your own mortgage consultant firm, if you wanted, or look at a completely different career than office work.

Nah i left school at 17 with nothing, worked as a chef for a few years then managed to get into the mortage consultant role through a work agency and just stayed in that customer service sector as thats all i could really get offered at this point.

Which area are you from? We are absolutely hurting for firefighters in my area. And it pays well in my area.

Last edited:
I've been trying to get a better job for the longest.

I can literally put anything on my résumé (and I've experimented) and it doesn't matter. Had otherwise perfect interviews with no offers. Still grateful I have a job (2 actually) and for the most part like what I do.

I've been trying to get a better job for the longest.

I can literally put anything on my résumé (and I've experimented) and it doesn't matter. Had otherwise perfect interviews with no offers. Still grateful I have a job (2 actually) and for the most part like what I do.
Glad to see you back alphaboy. May I ask TS field of expertise and your expertise ? There is plenty of job here in Canada , and I’ve heard in the USA it’s not that bad too

If you want to clear all your personal information off your resume I would be happy to take a look at it and give you some tips or pointers.

I work at a factory. We almost always have job openings including ones that have VERY low barriers to entry and start around $18-20 / hr.

Yeah some people are afraid of that kind of work. But if TS wants a good paying job that he doesnt need to scientifically tinker his resume to get cant think of anything better. I know some places are 4 on 3 off now.

Back