International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brrt memes are not the reason. This fight was going on before memes were a thing. I told you the reason; the Air Force doesn’t want to pay for it.

They don't want to pay for it, because they don't need it, the USAF doesn't seems to have any issue for paying for new AC-130 gunships which are based on a 60+ years old fuselage model.

The comparison to apaches is not ridiculous because you said they’re too easy to shoot down, well apaches are even more easy to take out and we field those.

They aren't easier to take down if used with proper doctrine because choppers can use things to their advantage like the ability to fly much lower than a plane while remaining safe, the ability to take off and land without the need of a runway (any flat surface is enough), and they also have a lower IR signature, they also don't need to do a "pass" to shoot they can simply reach the edge of their weapon range shoot and then go back, not needing to get close to the enemy, since they can achieve an horizontal speed of zero.

Again, this is a non-sense comparison, its like saying that the US still uses carriers so why is the battleship obsolete.

The reason you think it sucks is because you decided it did and then went looking for all the reasons it sucks. That's why you point out that "4 of them were shot down" in Iraq in 91, and ignored the fact that it was massively successful and destroyed a massive amount of targets.

Your argument is that the A-10 would help breach defenses which is not true, as seen in Iraq they stopped using them close to Iraqi air space because of fear of getting shot down.

Maybe you need to open up your mind a little more to the idea that it doesn't suck and the Air Force just doesn't want to foot the bill for something that is designed to support the Army and Marines.

And here you are spouting this CT non-sense.

The USAF just released a new AC-130 model a year ago, that plane is specifically designed for CAS and does a much better fucking job than the A-10 in the same enviroment.

How many of those kills were with guided missiles vs kills done with the turret? I think you are simply talking past me at this point.

I do however would like to mention that i got it wrong, it was the maverick that was used by the A-10 not the hellfire.

Again, its not the role originally intended for the A-10.

130719130758.jpg

I legit LOL'd! :)

Nobody that is supporting UKR is asking for a ceasefire. It will be all for for nothing if they drop their guns have an imaginary line that Putin will honor while he just re arms and builds his army back up. Do you really think the UKR people want a cease fire right now or go all in while the iron is hot? Now is the time to keep it going while Russia has never been weaker and aid is coming in. If you dont see this it's because you dont want to.
Plenty of people supporting Ukraine asking for a cease fire. Plenty of Russians supporting Russia or Ukraine asking for a cease fire. You and others just don't want to see it. Putin is constantly rearming and rebuilding his Army. This has gone on since day one. You don't need a cease fire to rearm your Army. Imagine if we had to do that during World War II. Yes, I believe many Ukrainians would like to see a cease fire to this conflict and give Russia the territory they already hold. Between that and losing the whole country, it is an easy choice. Ukraine as a country has already been destroyed. Russia has never been too strong, but they haven't stopped fighting either. Aid has been coming into Ukraine since day one of this conflict.

Again, why are folks in this thread wasting time in this thread. Pick up a rifle and go to Ukraine to help defend the cause. Maybe even dying for the cause since it is so important. Go push the Russians out of Ukraine. All bark and no bite. Why don't you guys write to me from Ukraine and tell me about the fighting on the ground? Everyone has an opinion from home.

Those expecting a big Ukrainian offensive will be disappointed. It will not be big by any standards. Western tanks and planes won't make a difference. This conflict will continue on the ground for at least another year. Ukrainian ground Infantry vs Russian ground Infantry. Up close and personal. The bodies will just keep piling up on both sides. Russian occupation of Ukraine on the map has not changed much in the last 10 months. Going into the 16th month of this war. Why is Russia still in Ukraine and fighting?

Those expecting a big Ukrainian offensive will be disappointed. It will not be big by any standards. Western tanks and planes won't make a difference. This conflict will continue on the ground for at least another year. Ukrainian ground Infantry vs Russian ground Infantry. Up close and personal. The bodies will just keep piling up on both sides. Russian occupation of Ukraine on the map has not changed much in the last 10 months. Going into the 16th month of this war. Why is Russia still in Ukraine and fighting?
Russia is still in Ukraine and fighting because Vladimir Putin specifically wants it. He has no regard for human life and exists solely for his own personal enrichment. That's how dictators, stongmen, presidents-for-life, etc work.

Didn't you initially say that this would last a month? Or was that another anti-west chode...

Without time or places to fortify after they took the "city", occupying russians are probably sitting ducks in Bakhmut.

Edit: I replied without watching the video.

Yeah the old up over the top technique

( with a interesting cover fire that would pucker me up )

LOL

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-radio-broadcasts-panicked-putins-113000202.html

"
Russian radio stations broadcast panicky announcement by Putin of "invasion by Armed Forces of Ukraine", Kremlin says it's a fake
631bc34ccd43da384f03c924cd34495f

Ukrainska Pravda
Mon, June 5, 2023 at 4:30 AM PDT

Radio stations in Russia’s Rostov, Belgorod and Voronezh oblasts have broadcast an address by President Vladimir Putin in which he calls upon Russians to evacuate to the interior of the country due to an invasion by the Ukrainian army and announces mobilisation. The local authorities and the Kremlin claim that the address is a fake.

Source: Russian independent media outlet Meduza, referring to anonymous Telegram channels; Russian Kremlin-aligned news agency RIA Novosti, referring to a statement by Putin’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov; Operative Staff of Belgorod Oblast

Quote: "Russian citizens, fellow citizens, brothers and sisters. Today at 04:00, Ukrainian troops, armed by the NATO bloc, by agreement and with the support of Washington, invaded the territory of Kursk, Belgorod and Bryansk oblasts. Our border guards and the armed forces are courageously fighting back against the prevailing forces of the aggressor.

Martial law has been introduced in the territory of Kursk, Belgorod and Bryansk oblasts according to my decree. Today, I will sign a decree on general mobilisation, as we will need to unite all forces of the Russian Federation in order to defeat this dangerous and cunning enemy."

Details: In his address, Putin urged residents of Kursk, Belgorod and Bryansk oblasts to evacuate deeper into the country.

Putin’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov has called the address a fake and claimed that control over the airwaves had been restored. The authorities in the regions believe that the address was intended to spread panic.
"

And here you are spouting this CT non-sense.
:rolleyes: The Air Force not wanting to spend money on something that is more for the Army and Marines is not a CT. It's basically a known fact. I don't even necessarily blame them. You realize though that you accused me of falling for a CT, yet you seem to think that all these top brass that fight to keep the A-10 in service are idiots that fell for a meme? Or maybe they actually know what it can do and what its stellar record says about it, and you would too if you watched the video ;)

Edit: And talk about talking past, my point about the Apache wasn't that it doesn't have a role. Im not the one that is having trouble understanding how they fit into the landscape. My point is it is much easier to bring one of those down than it is to bring down an A-10. Which is all kind of moot since I never said it couldn't use some modernizing.

Last edited:
Ukraine looks that yet didn't had started any large scale offensive at all.
Since start of war Ukraine had captured or collected abadoned russian tanks in working condition these T-62, T-64, T-72, T-80 = at least 210 tanks in working condition.
These they use and are using in dumbass.

While from more modern tanks they had collected 16 T-90 tanks in working condition ( different versions ) and doesn't looks that they are yet using them in dumbass.
Most likely some from them had been sent to U.S and U.K for research because some were versions Russia produces only for Russia and doesn't export ...
Others most likely are kept to be used when counter offensive attempt will be started.

Then Ukr also had captured 58 BMP-3 in working condition...btw most likely all these weren't captured with force, just ukr had collected abadoned tanks.

Wasn't noticed that Ukr uses a lot of them in dumbass.
These are modern and most likely are kept for this offensive attempt.

Prigozin confirmed that he had captured russian colonel.
Confirmed that ukr had took some village in Bakhmut area and had " some territorial gains ".
Blaming russian army units for not good performance.
Blaming russia for wagnerites car shelling and irresponsible mines dispression.

Russia is still in Ukraine and fighting because Vladimir Putin specifically wants it. He has no regard for human life and exists solely for his own personal enrichment. That's how dictators, stongmen, presidents-for-life, etc work.
Well that's the first time I've heard this theory.

Helicopters never will lost their role in military and civil field.
1. They doesn't need airfield...

While it is easy to shot down helicopter, helicopter again does have one advantage....
2. They might fly in wery low altitude and therefore might be spotted by a radar when they are closer to radar than ....airplanes....
Usually the larger is airplane and the higher it is flying, the earlier radar will detect it.
3. Helicopters might be used for transport puropeses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back