News Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic set to headline UFC 295 on November 11th

Who wins?

• Total voters
If Stipe wins, I believe he will retire and not concede Jones the rematch

So Dana will book Jones vs Pavlovich for the vacant belt

Wait but... Jones will never go to hw, it's too dangerous, right sherdog?
Never fought Stipe in his prime and waited for Frank to leave. He talked shit about moving up to HW for over five years

Prime Stipe beats HW Jones. Old man Stipe can still beat Jones if he's smart about it. Stipe's advantage is that he knows exactly what Jon's game plan is. He needs to deny the early TD's, back him off with some heat and drag him into deep water. Jon's chin and cardio are untested at HW and Stipe needs to test both.

Reactions: JKS
Stipe does him and then Pav in the next match. Undeniable HW GOAT at that point.

Nice deflection Jones fanboy chump
Not really a deflection, just saying you’re basically the scum on my boot. Barely worth an actual response. Comeback when you’re not on the cusp of tears you mutt.

I'm just riding with Stipe here bc I enjoyed that he called Jones a bitch when he called Stipe out. The man was fired up. He can also stuff a TD, so we are gonna figure some shit out. Hopefully his 41 year old brain can not shut down as soon as it takes a shot and this can actually be a fight.

Finally something is announced. Winner becomes HW Goat.

Win or lose. I think this is Stipe’s last fight and he will definitely give it 100% in heart. He’s definitely not at his physical peak though and I think that’ll show in the fight.

We're gonna get another dual retirement in the cage from both Jon & Stipe like we had for Ed Herman vs Zak Cummings back in April.

It's clear as day what Jones is doing. He plans on beating Stipe and will then walk away to put doubt on Stipe's Heavyweight UFC GOAT claims to solidify his overall GOAT claims despite taking two relatively easy fights at the weight class before retiring, and all the failed tests. Walking away two division champion without a real loss despite all the failed tests and whatnot will remove most doubt in the eyes of casuals. He gets a free pass from most of the forum already.

Agreed, but, he's also about to turn 36. How much longer should he stay in the shark infested waters at heavyweight? Does he go out like GSP or like Anderson? Those are his only true peers at this point, surely he'd rather go out like GSP. That being said, GSP will always have the mantle since he never tested positive, losing twice not withstanding.

Never fought Stipe in his prime and waited for Frank to leave. He talked shit about moving up to HW for over five years

He didn't wait for Frank to leave. Look at the timeline. The only time period Jones could have made the jump to fight Frank was the 7 months in between announcing Ciryl after beating Stipe. How is it Jones' fault that Frank left? lol

Agreed, but, he's also about to turn 36. How much longer should he stay in the shark infested waters at heavyweight? Does he go out like GSP or like Anderson? Those are his only true peers at this point, surely he'd rather go out like GSP. That being said, GSP will always have the mantle since he never tested positive, losing twice not withstanding.

36 at Heavyweight might as well be 32 at Lightweight.

Cool fight. I’m not mad at it. But I will say this: it’s coming a bit late in Stipe’s career, and the fact that he got KO’d in his last fight kinda puts the brakes on the stakes here.

Jones manhandles Stipe. I’ve totally underestimated him at HW, and I’m never making that mistake again.

36 at Heavyweight might as well be 32 at Lightweight.

Hahaha, maybe. It's a steep cliff. Jones is traversing these waters with boxer level match making. Taking name fights that he knows he can win before bouncing. He's Floyd'ing it.

There was someone who almost advocated for Stipe, "Final" something the nickname, I don't remember, that was saying Jones wouldn't fight Stipe. Where is he now?

You must be thinking of @Final Say, the king of Stipe fans on this site. I don't know what he'll say to this, but I'll just mention that it might not be coincidence that Jones-Miocic is announced mere days after Sergei Pavlovich was moved up to #1 in the rankings. It's possible that Jones didn't want to fight Miocic, but really, REALLY didn't want to fight Sergei...

another brutal year for jon jones haters
10 years plus of praying that jones will lose a fight
not gonna happen
and will be adding the HW GOAT in his resume
im sorry jones haters

Back