Media Francis Ngannou: “This is a real fight, it’s going on our professional records”

Can Francis Ngannou make waves in boxing?

• Total voters
are you sure you won't watch it? you're not going to celebrate when Francis fall?

majority i think will not really expect francis to win but him having this opportunity of his life is what made him win.

why do people reply like this?
"ok dana" ?
if u ask them proper questions?
is dana losing money?
no right?
maybe cant answer because the truth hurts

I disagree with them all, I guess we just see this differently
That's ok. I could see where you're coming from. Francis is just known to have this legendary punching power, so while his chances are minimal, possibly no worse than a few mentioned. Id still take him seriously if he has bricks for hands.

thats good, was getting worried about the exhibition and no knockdown talks

Fury is not a big puncher. Ngannou will go until he gasses out which unfortunately may be early. Also really good, if ngannou pulls the upset he can just rematch fury for championship / box another ranked heavyweight.

Would be cool.

Fury is an elite HW boxer, of course he's a big puncher. Francis will get hit harder than he's ever been hit before.

sherdog should delete the boxing section if ngannou wins

There is no way Francis is going to do anywhere as good as Conor unless Fury just plays with him for a few rounds.

Nah he didn't win by a lucky punch. It was Stipe's own fault he left himself exposed when he tried to rush in and Francis connected beautifully. It wasn't a lucky punch.
There was 6 min of complete domination before that punch. And a big knockdown before the KO.

They should do the rematch in Africa at the new PFL Mega Apex

Big frank is gonna woop Tyson's ass

I am thinking Fury is just gonna out box Francis, mostly playing it safe. Secretly though, I wish Francis does actually land the same hit he gave Overeem.

I'd say Anderson is far more skilled than francis in boxing...Anderson lost to a youtuber who has only trained a few years and could not even come close to beating anybody ranked..
Francis is going to take on an undefeated champ, its going to look very bad and anyone who pays for this crap is all part of this problem of freak fights. Francis gets paid and looks like a chump..He could care less about anything but $$. Its not even off to a good start, everything from rules to money is all speculation nothing formal yet that I see.

Agreed. He's always been a big nasty cunt, and the only time I've even considered cheering him was in the Wilder feud. Before, since, and even sometimes during, he's been nothing but an embarrassment.

100% agreed. I was unfortunately cheering for him against Wilder as well. I truly can't stand Deontay.

If it wasn't for the fact that Fury is blatantly doing everything he can do avoid the Usyk fight, I'd probably feel a lot better about it. As it stands, I'm still happy for the fact that Francis got the big money fight he wanted, and I'm sure I'll catch the fight.

Whatever they expect, the fact is Francis has himself an official boxing match with the world HW champ - something almost everyone (and their mothers) said was absolutely impossible.
<PlusJuan>
(Assuming Fury actually turns up)
It's undenaibly the best possible outcome for Francis, yet somehow people still choose to deny it. Baffling. Especially when:

if Ngannou wins he will parade around like he is the WBC/Lineal Champion of the world and very few would say much about it.
That's because he would be the lineal heavyweight champion of the world.
Whilst he probably doesn't stand much of a chance Francis has some chance to become the lineal boxing heavyweight champion of the world.

It's not a belt, but Francis has created an INSANE opportunity for himself

LOL @ all the 'no' answers.

It is UNDENIABLE that Francis could make waves simply by virtue of already having a match with Fury lined up.
Exactly; worst case scenario is "8 figures" of cash & a 0-1 boxing record, with the loss being against the lineal HW champ, maybe a sprinkle of shame if he gasses & looks terrible... but if he gasses & looks terrible he'll probably have a quite a few boxers looking to make his record 0-2 <Lmaoo>

(If the fight happens) Francis has already won.

Back