• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Which fighter made you a fan of MMA?

Aleksei ignashov..

Eurosport was the only way to watch combat sports in sweden at that time (for someone like 12 years old).. i guess you maybe could get it some other way but it wasn't crystal clear how..

Anyways.. he had a couple of cool knockouts but was extremely anticlimatic in the greater picture..

K1 had some greats and as they transitioned to pride i followed in whatever capacity was reasonable for the time..

I started watching with TUF 1... I had seen the old VHS tapes before that... but Anderson Silva vs Chris Leben was what changed me from a casual to an actual fan. I liked Gomi alot too but I only really got to see him on the random spike pride episodes they used to have

Didnt know much about mma beside early ufc's event which were consider more like " bro you gotta see this shit its fucking brutal"
Started training kickboxing around 2002. "Yoo K-1 this and that", and i watched and really liked Remy Bonjasky wining usa tournament . So I started watching events from begining,and wait wat? Cro copuduta high kicku? Going around head like a missile? He beat Remy oh no, pride? Prideduda aaaa he is besting real fighters using kickbox , ok i al sold.

Vitor during his early days… when he was the 19 year old Phenom… and Saku.. a lot of the Pride guys as well..

Anderson really got me to enjoy…

I didn’t particularly become a fan of the sport by Conor himself, but me and I know a lot of guys my age started to watch MMA around the time McGregor had a lot of success.

He for sure attracted a lot of eyeballs to the sport and he helped to lift it to the international level it’s on right now

Shush..

You're a hero around here now.. you can't support conor in any fashion.. let it rest with how he never did anything good and if it was well recieved it was a fluke..

You must also hate dana, jones and ronda btw..

fc141aovetkobles.gif

Last edited:
Back