• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

Though a long time boxing fan -this is the first time Ive seen Inoue fight and tho im sad my Philly brother had such a poor showing - i could just feel Inoue's power from the very start of the fight -even his jab was crisp with mean intent. Whos another fighter from any weight class that you would say Inoues style/ability are similar?

Inoue is scary good. A lot of guys with his kind of power fall in love with it and it winds up costing them. He's a great technical fighter and isn't just winging power shots the whole time. That jab to the body started dropping Fulton's hands to set up that right...Inoue is a really special fighter. I suspect he'll unify against Tapales...then what? Maybe a move up to Featherweight? Doesn't seem like there will be a ton left at Jr. Feather.

That's one thing I like about him. Still focuses on the fundamentals and works behind a jab to set things up instead of falling in love with his power like Canelo has.

funniest stream you'll see all year. Dude's in full denial and went straight to all the excuses you can imagine hahaha

Just for the LOLs I went to Fannon to see that guys take. His immediate reaction at the end was that it was an early stoppage and Inoue was hitting him with baseball bats referencing the hand wrap issue.

Just caught the fight. DAMN!!! Inoue is the definition of a complete fighter. Technical ability, speed, power, footwork, killer instinct, he's got it all. He has been off in other fights and has to dig deep to come out on top, most notably against Donaire in their first fight. But that fight changed Inoue. He's sharper and will use his skills to open up the power shots. He made Fulton look as ordinary as could be, and he was a unified champ!

Great performance by Inoue. He's been such a pleasure to watch over his career. Looking forward to the next fight with Tapales!

Inoue could KO Fury in 1 round and people will come in here like ohhhh Fury was really overrated, chin been cracked too much.
He's fat (Scott Steiner)
"that bum Japanese dosser thinks he's the man? let him come out to the UK and ill chin him, show him who the real Gypsy King is! also Inoue cant weigh over 130 pounds"

"that bum Japanese dosser thinks he's the man? let him come out to the UK and ill chin him, show him who the real Gypsy King is! also Inoue cant weigh over 130 pounds"

he'd be #1 P4P of All-Time should he do what Wilder couldnt. Freak shows are in. All for it.

Literally watched Inoue beautifully box up and finish Fulton, went “holy shit p4p #1” and jumped into my work truck to go get slowly melted under the hot sun. Finally home and can say WOW what a performance!!!! Inoue makes this shit look like a damn breeze. Who the hell can we even throw at him that isn’t just picking a division way too high and sullying a perfect career? 126 gotta be the limit, yeah? Amazing stuff.

Donaire I is his best fight but I think Fulton takes the cake as « best performance ».

In Donaire 1 (the most enjoyable fight) he showed that he was able to survive and thrive even in suboptimal conditions, seeing double from a broken orbital bone; in Donaire 2 he showed more than any other fight that he is truly worthy of the moniker "Monster"; and in the Fulton fight he showed his boxing skill, coming up and outboxing the boxer. Honestly, nearly a perfect performance, all but dominating from start to finish, and for the small part he wasn't in complete control, Fulton tagging him in the 7th, he immediately return and punished him and finished him in the next round. All three fights together more or less show a full spectrum of fighter qualities and to the highest degree in power, skill, and will, but then we also have the rest of his carrier, being an unholy terror scoring knock out after knock out in divisions where knock outs are somewhat rare to come by.

He seems to be nearly perfect, possessing power, will, speed, skill, intelligence, and finishing instinct in an absurdly unlikely complete package. The only thing that's worrying me is physical toughness, Donaire having hurt him badly, and I feel that it would be from there his limit would show. But before this fight I believed that 122 would be where he would start looking human; however, now when he not only beat Fulton, and not only dominated him either, but absolutely terrorized him, the sky - in the euphoria of the moment - seems like the limit.

In any case, we're witnessing history being made - and by God, I'm enjoying it.

I'll give the bum dosser a 99/1 split and me own family jumps him in between every round.

Oh he was scared the whole time.

Back