Rumored Ankalaev vs Walker UFC 294

What a weird fight. Walker is nowhere near a title shot. Almost seems like a squash match for the Muslim crowd. Nice opportunity for Walker to leapfrog a bunch of people.

I mean he kind of is. Coming off wins over #9 and #5. Not particularly great fighters he beat which speaks to how weak 205 is, but that would put anybody in contention.

Winner of this against Jiri/Poatan winner. If Jiri is still hurt then winner vs. Poatan for the vacant belt.
That'll take too long, We'll have the belt vacant til early next year. If jiri is out they need to go krylov vs poatan vs for vacant title december

That'll take too long, We'll have the belt vacant til early next year. If jiri is out they need to go krylov vs poatan vs for vacant title december

There is no time limit, we don’t have to have a champion by any certain point. Let it sort itself out naturally and have the best emerge.

The presser is going to be full Brazil vs. Russia. No one is going to understand a word.
To save us some time, they might just only have Fabiano Buskei and Sergey Nagorny argue with eachother there.

Most of the main card speaks English.

But really we are Anik is going to moderate a Twitter meme battle between the athletes.

Ank is probably gonna win but I'd love a vintage 30 second flying knee ko from Walker.

Weirdly, winning would probably be the worst outcome for Walker. Can you imagine that chin against Pereira, Jiri or Hill?

[<dunn]

Wonder who Rakic is going to fight

And when he will return. Guy is in full training for long time now according to his social media..not sure why his comeback is taking so long

Probably he will be paired with Krylov or will habe to sit out until 2024

What a weird fight. Walker is nowhere near a title shot. Almost seems like a squash match for the Muslim crowd. Nice opportunity for Walker to leapfrog a bunch of people.
Froggie Walker vs Cryin' Uncle Laev.

There is no time limit, we don’t have to have a champion by any certain point. Let it sort itself out naturally and have the best emerge.
They did not do that at all with Jan vs Ankelaev, Then they made it even worse with Glover vs Hill (two people that didn't deserve it)

I say lets keep things moving and book Jiri vs Alex For the LHW title right away, as soon as both agree to a date. no winners fighting winners for anything at this point.

They did not do that at all with Jan vs Ankelaev, Then they made it even worse with Glover vs Hill (two people that didn't deserve it)

I say lets keep things moving and book Jiri vs Alex For the LHW title right away, as soon as both agree to a date. no winners fighting winners for anything at this point.

I mean, we’re agreeing there. They made a mess of things previously which is why I’m saying no rush, let it play out if need be. Poatan vs. Jiri next makes the most sense, but we don’t know the status of Jiri. If Jiri isn’t ready, do Poatan vs. winner of this fight. That would be between most deserving contenders imo.

I feel like doing Krylov vs. Poatan just to get a champion because it will take too long like you suggested is doing exactly what you’re saying was bad with the Ankalaev/Blachowicz and Hill/Teixeira fights.

A win over Walker imo should put Ankalaev back in line to fight for the title in 2024 against the Prozachka vs Pereira winner imo.
He'll be put back in line for sure cause 205 has no one else. Jan is 2 wins away from another title shot(with how the top of the rankings are in shambles) Hill is out for who knows how long. Smith is on a losing skid, Rakic is still out and Krylov needs at least one more win still against a top 5 guy.

Back