An updated greatest all time LW list?

Dustin should be ranked high...what the heck does having the belt have to do with anything? Combat sports are about who you fight and beat not what marketing prop you get. Some of y'all are marks.

Top 3 should be Khabib, Do-Bronx and Penn. Eddie Alvarez doesn't belong high on that list at all.

Gaethje's resume isn't as good as Dustin's. Just because Gaethje beat Dustin doesn't mean he is necessarily superior.

1.Khabib
2. BJ
3. Charles
4. Henderson
5. Edgar

Khabib at number 1 is really the only thing that should be set in stone as of now
2-5 could there's a few people you can plug in and make valid arguements for why they would be ranked in those spots

Edgar is a hard one to rank imo his whole legacy is built on the two GOAT tier wins against BJ wins other than that his resume is actually pretty thin at LW he gets extra points for being an obviously undersized guy in most peoples eyes i guess

One thing that bugs me when discussing Charles LW legacy is I often see people bring up his losses at FW and hold it against him when if you take out his FW run his overall recored is a pretty gaudy 25-4

Dustin should be ranked high...what the heck does having the belt have to do with anything? Combat sports are about who you fight and beat not what marketing prop you get. Some of y'all are marks.

Top 3 should be Khabib, Do-Bronx and Penn. Eddie Alvarez doesn't belong high on that list at all.

Gaethje's resume isn't as good as Dustin's. Just because Gaethje beat Dustin doesn't mean he is necessarily superior.
Where would you rank DP? I'd have him in my top 10 probably in the 8-10 range but I find it tough to put him over a guy like RDA for example.

Poirier beat Gaethje decisively too.... This wasnt their 1st fight. They are 1-1 and Dustin has the deeper resume... They have a few common opponents and Justin only performed better against Michael Johnson.

I know this.

Their first fight was a war, their second fight was a shot out by Justin.

I feel Justin has made more improvements, while Dustin is the same old guy he was before.

Your point is well taken though, in common opponents. I think Dustin did better against Oliveira than Justin.

But as you point out, Justin did better against Johnson.

I actually thought Dustin was going to win this next fight, but Justin proved me wrong.

Again I think Justin is evolving more, and he just brought a BJJ guy into his camp, so he looks to be serious about his future.

I know this.

Their first fight was a war, their second fight was a shot out by Justin.

I feel Justin has made more improvements, while Dustin is the same old guy he was before.

Your point is well taken though, in common opponents. I think Dustin did better against Oliveira than Justin.

But as you point out, Justin did better against Johnson.

I actually thought Dustin was going to win this next fight, but Justin proved me wrong.

Again I think Justin is evolving more, and he just brought a BJJ guy into his camp, so he looks to be serious about his future.
Honestly i dont think there is a way to conclude one or the other,the improvements Justin made may have only brought him closer to where Dustin is at,who also improved. I would say that Justin's win in this one came down to Trevor Whitman's gameplanning.

Both top shelf elite LW's,and both finished by Khabib and Charles who are a cut above. Islam,who easily beat Charles is at the top right now...but I would love to see him fight justin win or lose against charles in the rematch

Dustin Poirier should be below the top 10
never made champion
"not making champion" during teh reign of teh undisputed GOAT... should be taken into consideration in this pov.

Dustin took on & beat more people in teh top of teh division than even Khabib who left early once he got into top competition. Dustin's been in the mix vs top competition since before & after Khabib's reign.

"not making champion" during teh reign of teh undisputed GOAT... should be taken into consideration in this pov.

Dustin took on & beat more people in teh top of teh division than even Khabib who left early once he got into top competition. Dustin's been in the mix vs top competition since before & after Khabib's reign.

But Beta-Dustin always failed, when the Championship was on the line.

Sure, but Dustin also had another shot at the belt against Oliveira just a few fights later and got finished. It’s not like Khabib’s presence was the only reason he was never champ.

Back