Crazy Day For Violence... How Will The UFC fare?

muhammadgoatli

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So, we have a pretty fascinating day of combat/general violence...

220px-UFC_Fight_Night.jpg

is not only competing with the return to combat and the pro boxing debut of the beloved Nathan Diaz...

jake-paul-nate-diaz-dazn-ftr_snx33e8ivu4v1xop8ylaxb8ur.jpg

but also the WWEs premier summer event (Nate's opponent's brother is on this card, weirdly)...
220px-Early_SummerSlam_2023_Poster.jpg

So, how will this go? Who's getting the most views?

NATE DIAZ ARMY.png

is not only competing with the return to combat and the pro boxing debut of the beloved Nathan Diaz...

but also the WWEs premier summer event (Nate's opponent's brother is on this card, weirdly)...

View attachment 994808
If you're debating if you should watch WWE or either of these ya got to reevaluate thing.

Cause it's Summer Slam Baby! and it's real to me dAMNIT

UFC will probably do the worst in terms of viewership, far from a premier event for them. Paul vs. Diaz will draw more casual interest. WWE is a different fan base putting on a flagship show.

Personally, easy choice to watch the UFC card. May watch Paul vs. Diaz for the novelty of it. No interest in WWE.

Sandhagen vs Font is the one that I can settle into, kick back, and watch in its entirety or at least most of it.

The novelty of Jake Paul boxing has worn off for me. I had completely forgotten that this fight was even happening up until a couple days ago. I'll probably still check out the main event because it's Nate Diaz. There's still the novelty of seeing Nate outside of an MMA setting. As with these sort of events, they'll waste so much time in between fights and fill the program with random nonsense that I'd rather not waste my own time watching them waste time.

As for WWE, I have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever.

As far as which program will do the best? I don't know and I don't care that much. I didn't get into MMA because it was popular (and it was way less popular back then), I got into it because I enjoy it.

Font throws a lot of volume, and so does sandhagen
This is one is gonna be a absolute banger, so i expect the viewership to be a result of that.

View attachment 994808
I heard Logan's going on early in Summer Slam so he can fly his private jet to attend Jake's fight, since the walkout is like 11pm

If the WWE thing is ppv. Then the UFC gets more eyes. If the WWE is free.. it gets more eyes. That novelty boxing match probably doesn’t sell very well, imo.

Paul has lost his undefeated status. And Nate is not the draw he was at the time the original BMF fight happened.

UFC card is very good for a fight night, obviously will be watching that.

Might end up torrenting Diaz Vs Paul out of morbid curiosity.

If the WWE thing is ppv. Then the UFC gets more eyes. If the WWE is free.. it gets more eyes. That novelty boxing match probably doesn’t sell very well, imo.

Paul has lost his undefeated status. And Nate is not the draw he was at the time the original BMF fight happened.
WWE doesn't make you buy PPVs for PPV money these days, can watch for simply paying $8/month or whatever for Peacock. Not a bad deal for people into that sort of thing, much better value than UFC on ESPN+, where you pay the monthly sub then $75 for the PPV.

UFC is dying.... most MMA media write more articles for Jake Paul rather than this Fight Night card. And then there's Summer Slam too.

<31>

It would be different if Jake Paul was fighting every week. One circus event a year is obviously going to overshadow everything else.

Back