News 'Platinum' Mike Perry Re-Signs with BKFC on a Multi-Fight Deal

BEATDOWNS

Power Slap OG
@plutonium
Reaction score
UFC fighters can now breath a sigh of relief.

Now that they know they won't have to face the Dawg that is Platinum Mike Perry as he has decided to stay with BKFC. Free agency had these UFC fighters shook to the core. imo

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/08/ufc-veteran-mike-perry-signs-multi-fight-deal-with-bkfc

but Mike Perry was built for BK it's his Dawg House

mike-perry-bkfc-41.jpg

champ by end of year. imo

Last edited:
If the money is good, it's definitely where he belongs. He's found his niche there. He just is unlikely to ever be as refined a mixed martial artist he would need to be to push himself into the main event for his personality to shine through. Bare knuckle is the perfect type of fighting for how he likes to throw down.

Really was no other option for him, i mean he could have went back to UFC or PFL or whatever but he's built for bare knuckle and is the face of the org. Why would he go back to be a mid level mma fighter when he can be a champ/star and get paid in BKFC.

Great news.

Platinum hit gold with BKB. He would be wasting his God given talents anywhere else.

I wonder how much he's getting paid doing that, im curious if its more than his paydays in the UFC. He is made for bare knuckle boxing..

I wonder how much he's getting paid doing that, im curious if its more than his paydays in the UFC. He is made for bare knuckle boxing..
From what I understand, they pay relatively well. Reported he made $250k for BKFC 41, not sure if that is straight purse or what. If it is, factor in sponsors and whatnot, he's probably doing well. Even if that number includes sponsors, still doing better than what he got in UFC.

He also beat a legit boxer (Michael Seals) in a hybrid event. I'm not sure what the rules were, but looked like almost pure boxing in the parts I saw.
I always thought Perry was a shitty fighter and thought nothing of him, he's proven me wrong numerous times.

Back