Elections Academic "Science" has been contaminated for a long time now in the US

Newtonian Mechanics provide the backbone for Mechanical, Civil/Structural, Automotive, Materials and Aerospace Engineering; we can see all of these work all around us so I'm not sure why you place much stock into that. Geocentrism may appear to be valid with the most basic sensory experience, but once deeper observations are taken into account and our entire observational experience is taken into account, then the Heliocentric model is by far more accurate.

Well there have been and still are scientists who put forth competing theories to Newtons Laws of Gravitation. Are they just uneducated people who can't understand the science or is there room for competing theories?

Well there have been and still are scientists who put forth competing theories to Newtons Laws of Gravitation. Are they just uneducated people who can't understand the science or is there room for competing theories?

Absolutely, let's see which theory makes the most correct predictions and can provide a comprehensive explanation for the motion of celestial bodies as well as be used in all facets of Engineering. That one will get my vote.

Either they are idiots despite their education, or they think they can create a market of support from people lkke you

Tesla is an idiot and a grfiter. Gotcha :rolleyes:

Tesla turned into a crackpot late in life similar to Howard Hughes. And he was at-most 3rd most important electromagnetic physicist with bits and pieces of a theory that was never published.

"I won't be responding"

*proceeds to write paragraph response*

You have not provided one iota of reasoning behind stating that the fact that GPS technology is based on the Earth being round is "retarded." You have also not provided any sort of model or basic equation that supports your idea that it could work if the Earth is flat. You just make a hard statement, and support it with vague "well this is possible" nonsense while ignoring that it's not happening, and no one who does this for a living agrees with you.

Yes, anyone with any sense should believe "expert stoofs" over this complete and total line of bullsh*t.

Was it not obvious that I said I only read the first bit of your message and stopped reading the rest? So that's the bit I wasn't responding to.
Again, I made that pretty clear and obvious. Try reading it again if you're able. The penny will no doubt drop eventually.

We get the point you're trying to make. What you don't seem to get, is how insanely stupid that point is.

We have a working explanation, down to the nitty gritty details, of how gps works, and that entire explanation requires the earth to be round. You are suggesting that a type of gps could theoretically be done on a flat earth, and that is in theory true. But as I've said many times, no one should take that suggestion seriously without a complete explanation for how it would work. Not bits and pieces that are random thoughts along the lines of, well you could do this or that. A complete framework that actually explains how all parts of it work - not one or two little pieces, the entire system, including some sort of explanation for how the signals are being faked (which I do believe is practically impossible because to do so you would need to know the location of the receiver to fake a signal of a working satellite.)

Its like if I told you we know our big picture understanding of thermodynamics is correct, because it allows us to build internal combustion engines that power cars, and you said, well, actually, its possible there are little fairies that push cars and we don't know thats not the case, so your argument that it has to be thermodynamics is retarded. The suggestions you are putting out are so insanely stupid that no one should take them seriously. So, yes, we get the point you're trying to make, its just that you don't seem to understand just how stupid it is.

The point I'm "trying to make"........

Is that using GPS to 'prove' the world is round in an argument against a flat earther is stupid. Because as you say, it's possible on a flat earth so it proves nothing.

Seriously, is trolling all you lot can do to avoid conceding a beyond obvious point is true.......?

*Why do you think it's practically impossible to know the location of a receiver? Explain. Pretty sure we've already covered this but you can explain why you think that if you like.

Last edited:
Was it not obvious that I said I only read the first bit of your message and stopped reading the rest? So that's the bit I wasn't responding to.
Again, I made that pretty clear and obvious. Try reading it again if you're able. The penny will no doubt drop eventually.

Is that using GPS to 'prove' the world is round in an argument against a flat earther is stupid. Because as you say, it's possible on a flat earth so it proves nothing.

Seriously, is trolling all you lot can do to avoid conceding a beyond obvious point is true.......?

*Why do you think it's practically impossible to know the location of a receiver? Explain. Pretty sure we've already covered this but you can explain why you think that if you like.
If you had come in this thread and said the fact that GPS works the way it does (with satellites and knowledge the earth is a sphere) doesn’t work as proof with flat earthers because they don’t believe satellites are real (lol) and believe nonsense like gps is actually programmed around balloons and a flat earth, that may have been received differently than you calling the fact that GPS working the way it does as proof the earth is a sphere as retarded.

Prove the penny will drop. Dont use gravity because I'm sure there's a way for pennies to drop that dont involve gravity. Please provide non-retarded equations as your proof.

On the flat earth map there is an ice wall surrounding the oceans

I love fantasy ideas, so I'll indulge you with one question: what happens if you fly over that 'ice wall'?

Prove the penny will drop. Dont use gravity because I'm sure there's a way for pennies to drop that dont involve gravity. Please provide non-retarded equations as your proof.
Good response to again realising you can't read properly.

If you had come in this thread and said the fact that GPS works the way it does (with satellites and knowledge the earth is a sphere) doesn’t work as proof with flat earthers because they don’t believe satellites are real (lol) and believe nonsense like gps is actually programmed around balloons and a flat earth, that may have been received differently than you calling the fact that GPS working the way it does as proof the earth is a sphere as retarded.

I more than made it crystal clear, you're just not bright enough to read basic wording. That's your problem not mine.

I more than made it crystal clear, you're just not bright enough to read basic wording. That's your problem not mine.
Haha, you're the one making the claim. That it wouldn't work/couldn't work if the world is flat. What is that claim based on?

I've heard some retarded reasons as to why people believe the world to be flat, but I've also heard some equally retarded arguments as to why it's not flat. GPS is one of them.

Stop lying.

It has to do with the amount of electrostatic energy within the penny in relation to the medium

Still on flat Earth, eh' guys?

Not that I'm averse to stupid debates, but seriously now. Flat Earth? We're still doing this in 2023? I think they figured this shit out centuries ago with crude primitive methods, let alone the shit we have today. it's been decided. There's nothing you can tell a flat-Earther that is going to change their minds. The ironclad scientific evidence is out there(no, not theories. Evidence). You may as well be arguing against people who think it rains Skittles.

Let it go.

Still on flat Earth, eh' guys?

Not that I'm averse to stupid debates, but seriously now. Flat Earth? We're still doing this in 2023? I think they figured this shit out centuries ago with crude primitive methods, let alone the shit we have today. it's been decided. There's nothing you can tell a flat-Earther that is going to change their minds. The ironclad scientific evidence is out there(no, not theories. Evidence). You may as well be arguing against people who think it rains Skittles.

Let it go.

<Kobe213>

Back