Social Do you believe that the Military Industrial Complex exists?

This is always my first thought when I hear people screech about these corporations driving foreign wars. Like...do you REALLY think they need those wars to be uber profitable at this point? There's a perpetual need to continue to keep the military on the cutting edge. These companies make plenty of dough in peacetime.

One

Plenty of dough has never been enough for mega corps and the goal is always more

Two

As you said business is great during times of peace ....so how great is say 2 20 year wars at the same time. Now how great is it if you can not only get r and d but also almost always have your product needed to be bought in bulk somewhere as well. Then add in other businesses you could insider trade on knowing that theres contracts to go around to distrube Pepsi and skittles and a billion mres and batteries and to rebuild the place and it looks like there's literally a trillion plus reasons to cook up reasons to get into the war business.

And 3 we already know all kinds of wild story's about war profiteering and smedly butler and fruit companies and all kinds of fun games in third world countries and that it's no secret our weapons of war are all over the globe right now being used in a not defensive way oh and the army of lobbiests and think tanks whos whole job is to advance weapon manufacturers interests as well as fund the groups to come up with ideas about who and where and why we should use them . It would seem there sure is a lot of circumstantial evidence and a pattern off past occurrences that it does not seem far fetched to think that is exactly what is happening

Is my sarcasm detector broken or something ?

One of my closest homies is an engineer at Lockheed. I've heard things.
Switzerland too does have military industrial complex despite are pretending to be peaceful and neutral.
While now not likely they will have it anymore because their politicians allows to sell weapons and ammo when your contry doesn't have war.
When someone will attack your country, they will tell: we don't support war and will not sell you nor ammunition nor spare parts for weapons they had sold to you.
Even worse, they doesn't allow re export of ammo and weapons you had purchased to country where is war...even if this country had been attacked.

In Russia military industrial complex is very impactful on political decisions and despite majority of companies are government owned ... their managers are rich and impactful ppl with close ties in political circles, not rare cases even members of political party " United Russia ".

Last edited:
Yes, and they are transnational parasites. And no, you cannot remove them.
We are using stuff created every day.

During the same World War II R&D boosted up till heaven.
Necessity to break codes and to have good ballistic calculators created.... funaments for modern computing ...
Jet engines....
Etc. xxxx of things...

Btw automatization in manufacturing initially had 2 biggest boost periods : during World War I and World War II.
For example cos ammunition production etc tasks.

Welding technologies development, achievements in metallurgy etc.

Later....
Insulation materials, plastics etc...
Chemistry production processes improvement and R&D.

Btw the same antibiotics.
A lot of governments and medical boards were reluctant to allow peniciline production ..
World War II removed problems with old stagnats, military needs it for hospitals, so STFU ....

You know I didn't I made a mistake. I meant a 180 thank you curious cat fella.
Wait, so you did make a mistake ?

Also I really don’t remember Bush ever running on an anti MIC platform. I also do t remember Obama ever talking about it

One

Plenty of dough has never been enough for mega corps and the goal is always more

Two

As you said business is great during times of peace ....so how great is say 2 20 year wars at the same time. Now how great is it if you can not only get r and d but also almost always have your product needed to be bought in bulk somewhere as well. Then add in other businesses you could insider trade on knowing that theres contracts to go around to distrube Pepsi and skittles and a billion mres and batteries and to rebuild the place and it looks like there's literally a trillion plus reasons to cook up reasons to get into the war business.

And 3 we already know all kinds of wild story's about war profiteering and smedly butler and fruit companies and all kinds of fun games in third world countries and that it's no secret our weapons of war are all over the globe right now being used in a not defensive way oh and the army of lobbiests and think tanks whos whole job is to advance weapon manufacturers interests as well as fund the groups to come up with ideas about who and where and why we should use them . It would seem there sure is a lot of circumstantial evidence and a pattern off past occurrences that it does not seem far fetched to think that is exactly what is happening

Is my sarcasm detector broken or something ?

My point is more that the MIC knows war is an inevitability. Human nature says so. Of course they capitalize on it (duh). But they don't necessarily always drive it because they don't have to.

The discussion that needs to be had:

Who do they (inevitably) work for?
What are they up to?

We know that the MIC exists. The hard part is getting people to realize that there's basically a breakaway civilization (with access to technology that the average person considers sci fi) within humanity, and that the MIC is an arm of that cabal.

This is a bipartisan issue I think since people from both sides of the party have talked about it. 2 former presidents have mentioned it. One president warned the country about them.

Two questions.

Do you think they exist and are manipulating the country behind the scenes to be at war forever for their own profit?

and more importantly, how do you think they can be stopped?

Yes.

It can't be. Even if the country were to collapse, it would come out the other side stronger than anything else.

Now it could be drained by the power of elected officials, but it won't be, because none of them have any integrity.

The discussion that needs to be had:

Who do they (inevitably) work for?
What are they up to?

We know that the MIC exists. The hard part is getting people to realize that there's basically a breakaway civilization (with access to technology that the average person considers sci fi) within humanity, and that the MIC is an arm of that cabal.
<Dany07>the first sentence was reasonable, then ....
7w5dhl.jpg

1. Yes, it exists.
2. There is too much money and political capital within the MIC for it to ever go away.

It's not a conspiracy, it's quite open. Think of politicians as "corporate whores" and some of their favorite partners are Blackrock, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, etc.

"Among these members of Congress with personal investments in the defense industry are several who sit on committees that determine major sources of funding for defense companies and weapons contractors.

According to a Sludge review of financial disclosures, 51 members of Congress and their spouses own between $2.3 and $5.8 million worth of stocks in companies that are among the top 30 defense contractors in the world. Members of Congress generally report the values of their investments in ranges, so it’s not possible to know exactly how much their stocks are worth. "
https://prospect.org/power/the-members-of-congress-who-profit-from-war/

My point is more that the MIC knows war is an inevitability. Human nature says so. Of course they capitalize on it (duh). But they don't necessarily always drive it because they don't have to.

War is natural thing for human societies.
History...
Okey, some 400'- 1200 years ago countries mainly had been ruled by monarchies...

No " bad " politicians and bad MIC.
Still a lot of long wars...damn a lot.
Even 100 years long and 20-30 years long wars had happened....

Back