Media Alex Pereira on Anthony Smith: "Washed up vet who never amounted to anything"

030a7b7f9c13a66c26c74da6144da6b1ce34b2a8c60c3c13e7c19c63b8d33b63_1.jpg

Smith is right.... this time

Other than those times where he said Jones was not that good of a fighter and Ankalaev too

Smith lost his first set of teeth to Alex’s coach Texeira. If he was to fight Perreira he would lose his new set. Better not to poke the beast on this one.

BitterBriskGerenuk-max-1mb.gif
I feel like people are forgetting Santos annihilated Smith too. Even accounting for Smith being weight drained that hardly bodes well lol

Smith stated a fact
Pereira's size at MW doesn't seem much at LHW
That's it!
It's not trash talk.
Also, Pereira is pretty lucky MW si LHW lack top wrestlers right now.

Anthony Smith says Jon Jones is well-coached, but beatable: 'He's not that good'
“Jon Jones is beatable – very beatable,” Smith told Morning Kombat. “He’s not that good – not individually. If you take his individual skill sets and you take them away, each one of those things are not a problem."

Yeah, if you take away both of Jon Jones legs Jones is probably beatable

Although I disagree with Smith here, what he wanted to say is that Jones doesn't excel in one of the four: boxing, kicking, bjj, wrestling.
Like Silva in striking, or Khabib in wrestling, for example.

Standup
a) His boxing is somewhat decent, but not that good...
b) Good kicks.
Lost to Gus, Santos & Reyes on the feet

Ground game
a) Not the best BJJ... he is not Maia.
b) wrestling - I disagree with Smith here ... he seems to have great wrestling for MMA.

But good cardio + great chin + great fight IQ + that huge reach difference + like Smith said, he is very well-coached

Last edited:
Someone might need to check on Luke Thomas' mental well-being. I'm not sure he can handle someone delivering these harsh truths about his hero.

I agree with both of them - a little hard on Anthony through (I didn't hear Smith say anything that was too derogatory).
Anthony always seems to put a negative spin on fighter ability sprinkle in a compliment to appear as if it's a matter of fact then most of the time when it comes to himself makes excuses. He said he was a better grappler than Glover and didn't feel anything special when they fought (said that before they grappled) then Glover dominated him in the grappling too. At least after that he didn't mention it because he usually makes excuses. Said he was on his way to beat Ankalaev until the injury. Said that Jon Jones isn't great at anything he's just good at everything. There are plenty of fighters who are good at everything that never got close to a title.

Anthony Smith says Jon Jones is well-coached, but beatable: 'He's not that good'
“Jon Jones is beatable – very beatable,” Smith told Morning Kombat. “He’s not that good – not individually. If you take his individual skill sets and you take them away, each one of those things are not a problem."

Yeah, if you take away both of Jon Jones legs Jones is probably beatable
That's my thing. I get what he was saying. Nothing necessarily stands out is what he is getting at but at the very least his wrestling and ground game is excellent.

Back