Fast Food Chains That Are Struggling And Might Go Out Of Business Soon

Dick's isn't great, not even by fast food standards. But people eat there in droves because it's an institution. Kinda reminds of Tops Diner when I lived in Jersey. The food was abysmal, but since Frank Sinatra liked eating there in the ancient days, people were still packing the joint out nightly.

As far as Bruce Lee goes, it's hard to know what's real or what's not regarding him. I don't think any other figure in Martial Arts or Hollywood have as much folklore attached to their names as Bruce Lee does. I guess if I had to choose, I'd probably put that story in the bullshit pile, where 95% of the stories that have been told about him belong.
haha, i just bought a book about his real fights by John Little, I'm taking some of it with some skepticism but, indeed, his students witnessed some of these, "fights". You are correct that there seem to be a lot of stories. I read one by Peter Depoe, the drummer from 70's "Indian" band Redbone. He claimed to see bruce lee beat up two guys at Garfield high. In that case, I just doubt that but maybe it's true. It sounds more interesting than not seeing anything doesn't it?

haha, i just bought a book about his real fights by John Little, I'm taking some of it with some skepticism but, indeed, his students witnessed some of these, "fights". You are correct that there seem to be a lot of stories. I read one by Peter Depoe, the drummer from 70's "Indian" band Redbone. He claimed to see bruce lee beat up two guys at Garfield high. In that case, I just doubt that but maybe it's true. It sounds more interesting than not seeing anything doesn't it?
I just never understood the mythologizing that his fans engaged in. If you just ignore the obvious embellishments, and look at what he verifiably did and accomplished, then it's clear to see that Bruce Lee WAS a bad ass. No one, and I mean NO ONE, did more for the image of martial arts than he did. The only guys that came close were the Gracie's in the 90s. But his fans want to make him out to be bigger than he was. I'm sure he could've beat 90%+ of the world's male population in 1v1 combat, but some Bruce Lee fanatics want you to believe he walked into a frat house and beat up all 25 brothers because their music was too loud. It's silly. Just accept that he was a badass for revolutionizing martial arts and Hollywood film. And that's about as far as it went

I just never understood the mythologizing that his fans engaged in. If you just ignore the obvious embellishments, and look at what he verifiably did and accomplished, then it's clear to see that Bruce Lee WAS a bad ass. No one, and I mean NO ONE, did more for the image of martial arts than he did. The only guys that came close were the Gracie's in the 90s. But his fans want to make him out to be bigger than he was. I'm sure he could've beat 90%+ of the world's male population in 1v1 combat, but some Bruce Lee fanatics want you to believe he walked into a frat house and beat up all 25 brothers because their music was too loud. It's silly. Just accept that he was a badass for revolutionizing martial arts and Hollywood film. And that's about as far as it went
I love the neverending conjecture. The book is an important one for the bruce legacy.

I love the neverending conjecture. The book is an important one for the bruce legacy.
Oh trust me, I used to eat it up too lol. I used to be on those old Bruce Lee internet forums back in the day and the stories would flow like diarrhea. It was super entertaining to read because unlike today information was scarce so it was easier to believe wild shit. My young self would be like "Maybe Bruce lee did Ask Muhammad Ali to have a talk with him outside!?!?"

lots of those places are a bore to be in. people don't go out to eat just for the food. they want to be in a fun environment. if the fast food chains mentioned added large screen tv's, nice big plants and greenery, had healthier food options, they'd probably do a lot better. i know whenever i go to one of those places, though not often, i feel depressed lol. i'm sitting on an uncomfortable plastic bench, and there's nothing to see or do but listen to the staff taking orders and watching other bored people. not for me lol.

Oh trust me, I used to eat it up too lol. I used to be on those old Bruce Lee internet forums back in the day and the stories would flow like diarrhea. It was super entertaining to read because unlike today information was scarce so it was easier to believe wild shit. My young self would be like "Maybe Bruce lee did Ask Muhammad Ali to have a talk with him outside!?!?"
No, they never met, both respected the other from what I know. Real boxers saw more than most others in Bruce.

They could probably do better if they lowered their prices a little. No one wants to pay $40 dollars for two pizzas and over $10 dollars for a burger and fries.

Surprised Subway is struggling.

Their prices have gotten ridiculous though..

intro-1543355880.jpg

subway-1543354657.jpg

qdoba-1543354657.jpg

jack-in-the-box-1543354657.jpg

blimpie-1543354657.jpg

sonic-drive-in-1543354657.jpg

papa-johns-1543354657.jpg

pizza-hut-1543354657.jpg

noodles-and-co-1543354657.jpg

burger-king-1543355344.jpg

taco-bueno-1568738825.jpg

boston-market-1568738878.jpg

quiznos-1568738660.jpg

krystal-1568738660.jpg

steak-n-shake-1568738660.jpg

cicis-1568738660.jpg

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t be disappointed to see any of these go away.

Good we can use less fat people.

I wouldn't care if those all went away. The only one I ever go to is BK maybe 3 times a year to get a whopper.

I know it gets a lot of hate (deservedly so) but I miss the old subway days.

$5 footlong. Take off the top half of the bread and throw it away (make sure the sauce is at the bottom so it's not thrown away with the bread). Half for lunch half for dinner, just add some more veggies on side. When I was poor I'd live off these.

Still enjoy it from time to time.

Last week I went and ordered a footlong combo to share with my kids as a treat. $24 for one combo.

I will say that I often say good riddance when we lose some places here, but I end up missing them. We used to have a Long John Silvers and KFC, but both went out. Now that we have to eat on the run a lot with kid's games, there are times I definitely crave one of those.

Quiznos and Boston Market are already gone in my market...probably 10 years ago at least.

There is a Burger King and a Wendy's near me about 2 blocks apart. The Wendy's drive through is always packed, I mean backed up like 15-20 minutes long sometimes. BK never ever has a line. There is usually 1 car there if that.

So I can for sure see BK dying out. THey are far worse than their competitors Wendy's, McDonald's, and JAck in the Box.

I don't see a lot of those others failing. Subway is too big and has too much money/endorsements.

Not sure why Subway became the popular sandwich chain instead of Quiznos. Was it all the marketing with their pedo mascot? I haven't seen a Quiznos in years but I remember it being way better.

Not sure why Subway became the popular sandwich chain instead of Quiznos. Was it all the marketing with their pedo mascot? I haven't seen a Quiznos in years but I remember it being way better.
Subway went all in on the "healthy choice" campaign. They marketed to people who wanted to lose weight, or wanted to stay healthy and skinny. It's all bullshit, but the marketing worked. Quiznos on the other hand was just "hey we have hot sandwiches".

Back