News Conor now pushing for 185 fight against Chandler

conor-mcgregor-you%27ll-do-what-you%27re-told.gif

BOOK IT!

It makes sense economically. Conor actually has a shot (he's likely to lose).

The promotional banter would be some of the wildest of all time.

Why not a catch weight of 175 or 178? To have Chandler go up two full weight classes to 185 makes no sense as both Chandler and McGregor will never really fight as true MW fighters and compete against other true MW fighters. If someone who claims to be a LW and able to make 155 or 156, then you should have no trouble making weight at 175. The other thing is that neither fighter has fought a real five round bout at 185. Carrying those extra pounds takes up energy. McGregor already has cardio problems beyond 2 rounds and now he wants to carry an extra 30 lbs on fight night?
LW's are basically MW's on fight night, anything in between 171-185lbs is a MW fight, as long as they train and do the proper diet, just NOT cutting any weight they should be absolute on point to perform at their peak, they wont be heavier than their usual weight, just not bothered with weight cutting.

Make it open weight I don't think Mike cares. It's cute to see Conor talking about Volk, Volk could weigh in at 145 and Conor have to make no weight and he'd still get his ass whooped and embarrassed.

Realizing that weight isn’t so easy to trim off after 30 years old, a coke addiction, and alcoholism.

Nah it's got nothing to do with any of that. It's all about his massive ego and wanting to have wins in 4 different weight classes on paper.

Imagine being a father of three in your mid-30s and still thinking it's super sweet to be flexing in public all the time.

Back down where you belong, son.

d4YHhV31VeBO_d4YHhV31VeBO_vSBRa1erRo4d_original_1440x1036.jpg
Not even just flexing… saying shit like, “Look at me, look at me arms… now you see why nobody gets me Lucky Charms!” While he is doing it.

Back