Fast Food Chains That Are Struggling And Might Go Out Of Business Soon

I liked Quiznos but it's been dead and buried for years.

BK can die.

Its not a fat guy, its a I'm paying for this shite guy lol.

il_1140xN.1476970028_olry.jpg

I feel like Subway still benefits from that early 2000s ad campaign featuring Jared. 'Til this day people equate Subway with healthy food. Even though some studies were done that showed it wasn't much better than McDonald's

If anyone gets a chance look up Marketplace CBC (Canadian show) and they did an episode exposing how badly processed the chicken was (is) where it isn't anywhere near as real as almost every other fast food chain offers for chicken. Eye opening episode.

If Boston Market and Burger King are struggling then it must be due to gross mismanagement

As a Canadian here is my thoughts:

Quiznos is alive and well where I live, the quality really does swing up and down and I'm unsure about the chicken they boil to warm up. Taste wise it's good. I did work with someone who was responsible for finding franchisees and they had said the issue with Quizno's is that they would give anyone the keys and tried expanding way too fast and had major issues with bad owners and them spending way to fast that they nearly went bankrupt.

Tim Hortons which used to be Canadian owned, now is it owned by the Brazilian shell company that also owns Burger King is god awful these days. They are only around in Canada because of nostalgia because 15+ years ago you could get fresh home made food, donuts , pastries, and the coffee was really good. Since the change in ownership the place has sunk so low. Donuts are flash frozen and delivered making them taste like cardboard. The food taste like dollar store frozen meals it's awful. People all hate it... but yet the drive thru lines are still jam packed for god knows what reason.

Burger King - Basically non existent anymore around here, everyone goes to Wendys instead.

McDonalds has the same shitty food but have jacked up the prices to ridiculous levels. In the early 2000's they had 2 can dine for 6.99 coupons or an average meal after tax was $5.50. Now for a shitty Big Mac Meal it's near $15! They also now do a stupid thing where they park everyone in drive through, because are they cheaping out and cooking to order which makes no sense to me why on a Saturday night at dinner time they wouldn't have fries already lined up. The eye tests definitely show that less people are going here. The prices are in line with Wendys and A & W but at least those places have food that taste real and far better service.

Subway - Still busy all of the time when I go, the prices haven't tripled like McDonalds so it does give the appearence of a good value.

KFC/Taco Bell - Around here it appears that none of the franchisees ever clean their restaurant or update it. You can taste the mold from the drink machines , the drinks always taste really off. The eye test always shows dust and grime around the vents of the drink/ice machine. Awful value , awful service, taste like absolute crap. I have no idea how they survive and when we finally did get Popeyes they are 20 times more busy then KFC ever is.

What I have noticed and which is good is that their is a major comeback for the locally owned non chain "fast food" restaurants. Many of them have massive line ups during lunch hour because people rather wait 20 minutes and eat home made food then to eat crap. Lots of ethnic foods that are home made and reasonably priced even post COVID. One place around here has a grab and go deal where you can pick three items from the menu for $8.00 ($6 USD) and the portion is easily for two servings. Home made butter chicken, rice, spicy potatoes and Naan and I can eat it for lunch and then later for dinner at $8 is a steal.

Food trucks when I do find them are insanely priced, I'm not paying $22 for three bite size tacos.

Fast food seems to be on the way out which I guess is good for fighting the obesity crisis.

I prefer BK's burgers to McD's and BK has a good chocolate shake.
Quiznos and Boston Market are already gone in my market...probably 10 years ago at least.

There is a Burger King and a Wendy's near me about 2 blocks apart. The Wendy's drive through is always packed, I mean backed up like 15-20 minutes long sometimes. BK never ever has a line. There is usually 1 car there if that.

So I can for sure see BK dying out. THey are far worse than their competitors Wendy's, McDonald's, and JAck in the Box.

I don't see a lot of those others failing. Subway is too big and has too much money/endorsements.

Subway has those four for five dolla foot long promotions but the one by me has a sign that says "we do not honor national promotions here" Thos promos kill the profits of the franchise owners

intro-1543355880.jpg

subway-1543354657.jpg

qdoba-1543354657.jpg

jack-in-the-box-1543354657.jpg

blimpie-1543354657.jpg

sonic-drive-in-1543354657.jpg

papa-johns-1543354657.jpg

pizza-hut-1543354657.jpg

noodles-and-co-1543354657.jpg

burger-king-1543355344.jpg

taco-bueno-1568738825.jpg

boston-market-1568738878.jpg

quiznos-1568738660.jpg

krystal-1568738660.jpg

steak-n-shake-1568738660.jpg

cicis-1568738660.jpg

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t be disappointed to see any of these go away.
Yeah, I couldn't care less if they all closed. The staff could help with the shortage of workers in nearly every other restaurant everywhere in NA.

I'm honestly amazed at how many people like the Whopper in here.
it's the best in my opinion too, the flame broiled taste, the texture of the meat, although a bit dry. I love it, and the fries are crispy unlike just about all the rest. I don't understand why they don't do more business in my area. There is a Wendy's that is packed and the McD's get like that alot too. The Wendy's, i'm familiar with so I don't know if it's packed because the workers are just wacky or if they really are just that busy. I don't see a point waiting in a line of cars like that though unless i'm just killing time.

Most of the ones on the list, Sonic in my area specifically prices have jumped out of reality and the quality has sank to almost inedible levels.

Like what are they thinking.

Prime example, for lunch you can get a steak lunch(6oz sirloin) vegetable side and a salad at Saltgrass for LESS than a double cheeseburger meal at sonic.

Color me shocked they are having problems

I didn't think Sonic could get any lower. That place is trash.

I rarely eat fast food but I do like a whopper here and there. I was driving home from Philly yesterday and needed to stop for a piss and the rest stop had a BK, so I grabbed a whooper and downed it in the car before getting back on the road. It was actually pretty freshly made and hit the spot.

Krystal is the only one that bums me out.

Then again I haven't had it in years, so jot that bummed out

Back