Cro Cop, after far more dominant/illustrious kickboxing career than Izzy,showed decline by 29 fights

Izzy legit fought like three good fighters his entire kickboxing career and lost to all of them.

An insult to compare Mirko to this guy

Prime Mirko was also 6'1" 210lbs beating monsters like HMC, Hunto, Sapp

Izzy lost to the only guys who were the same size as him once his reach bullying got exposed

When you have to label Hong Man Choi, Mark Hunt and Bob Sapp as his notable wins that's a huge problem. Like everyone with two eyes knows that's not elite competition....

Also how is it not a huge insult to compare Izzy's MMA career to a guy who never won a belt and got beat down by Brendan Schaub...

He's never been that amazing at totally slipping punches IMHO, moreso he tends to roll with them well limiting the damage he takes then when someone looks to follow up thinking he's hurt he counters them off balance.
Yeah, the way I'd describe it is he tends to defend with what he thinks good defense looks like, rather than just good defense period. The whole Aldo vs Silva thing.

Like credit for the knockout of Whitaker, but he was wildly out of position during it and frequently is when he tries to land his counter right hook in exchanges.

When you have to label Hong Man Choi, Mark Hunt and Bob Sapp as his notable wins that's a huge problem. Like everyone with two eyes knows that's not elite competition....

Also how is it not a huge insult to compare Izzy's MMA career to a guy who never won a belt and got beat down by Brendan Schaub...
Prime Hunto is a K1 Grand Prix champion and better than anyone Jizzy ever faced except Alex

HMC and Sapp would KO Izzy in 1 min

Prime Hunto is a K1 Grand Prix champion and better than anyone Jizzy ever faced except Alex

Its evident that both of you have no clue what you are talking about

Yeah, the way I'd describe it is he tends to defend with what he thinks good defense looks like, rather than just good defense period. The whole Aldo vs Silva thing.

Like credit for the knockout of Whitaker, but he was wildly out of position during it and frequently is when he tries to land his counter right hook in exchanges.

Izzy has also pretty good movement for his size and does a good job at making the most of his reach as with the counter hook you mention
Sean fought a perfect fight and exposed some of his holes but lets not forget Israel just outclassed the same Jared Canonier who very arguably beat Sean.
Strickland always gave Israel credit as a great striker btw

• Maybe the best HW ever at the 2006 OWGP
  • Old and past prime when signing his UFC contract in 2007
Cope more.

He blew out his ACL and had to have major surgery between winning the OWGP and his UFC debut.

Look at this movement and tell me he was the same in UFC.

crocop-silva.gif

No, I dont think so. Why you ask?
I don't think Sapp starches Izzy in 60 seconds but he beat down Hoost.
Izzy has also pretty good movement for his size and does a good job at making the most of his reach as with the counter hook you mention
Sean fought a perfect fight and exposed some of his holes but lets not forget Israel just outclassed the same Jared Canonier who very arguably beat Sean.
Strickland always gave Israel credit as a great striker btw
He moves well but his overall cage craft isn't very good. He doesn't have the awareness and sharp pivots like Aldo to not constantly get pinned against the cage. It's mot even like Strickland was a monster puncher whose power was enough to put Izzy on the fence for 20 odd mins

Izzy hasn't shown decline either. He just got beat by the better man that night, who is a great striker and a bad stylistic match up.

Izzy hasn't shown decline either. He just got beat by the better man that night, who is a great striker and a bad stylistic match up.

Strickland put on a defensive masterclass. Provided very few openings to counter, made him miss. Nullified his kicking arsenal. Showed a stronger jab and boxing fundamentals. His range management, reads and reactions were great. It was the performance of a lifetime from him, where you could truly see how much he's leveled up in only the last year.

From a technical pov, Izzy more or less looked the same.

His reactions seemed a bit lackadaisical. I also think he usually manages the range a bit better. I watched his fight against Cannonier recently and he seemed a bit slower against Strickland.

Even Strickland pretty much eluded to expecting more from Izzy and that the rematch won't be as easy.

Energy and body language are generally a good way to gauge a fighters head space, the vacant look Izzy had on his face during the intros was a bit concerning. Reminded me a lot of BJ during the second Edgar fight.

I'm not quite sure where the middle point is between those two things yet. Strickland is that good but I think Izzy is also better than he showed. Time will tell. For now it's all conjecture.

Last edited:
Its evident that both of you have no clue what you are talking about
What part don't I know about the fact that HMC, HUNT and SAPP where straight cans or the FACT that when Mirko came to the UFC where he couldn't juice to the gills he got embarrassed over and over again at 30 years old in his prime?? Go watch his last UFC fight then go watch the bs juice league fights he fought after the UFC. It's pretty evident the man was nothing without the substances.

HMC and Sapp would most likely be fixed fights they go down after a few pitter pat shaots in the first round. Just like the rest of their pride careers.

Izzy doesn't have a plan B. If he can't win in the standup it's over. He lost to the superior boxer in Strickland that night. When he got caught he was probably on autopilot the rest of the fight.

Cro Cop finished his career on a 10 fight win streak, all of which happened in his 40's. Also avenged 2 losses during that streak.

This is laughable. Izzy is a stud but Mirko fought at heavyweight and the who's who in K1 and MMA. Give your head a shake Mirko and not even close

Back