The guy Aaron Pico absolutely wiped the floor with became a world champion in wrestling today.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So when Pico was like 19 or whatever, there was this guy called Zain Retherford, who wrestled for the same university Bo Nickal is from.

Retherford is a three-time NCAA champion, one time silver world medalist, though not official olympic weight class, now a gold medalist at the worlds.
There's a shit load of hype behind Nickal, which I'm not part of, Retherford is simply better than Nickal.

And if you weren't following their match ups in wrestling, and when I say Pico wiped the floor with Retherford, that is no exaggeration. Pico was that special of a prospect.

It's just an unfortunate reminder what unfortunate rushing of the best prospect in MMA history can possibly derail that promising career from the get go.

Rosa who fought last night compared to Pico would be akin to a broken down bicycle to a Porsche and UFC is clearly trying to push that guy hard.

PFL fed human corpses to Kayla, and Bellator slightly better for MVP, and UFC did pretty much the same for O'Malley, human tomato cans with all due respect to those fighters. They just got back on that train last night for Rosa. But UFC BW is too stacked right now for them to do that for Rosa like O'Malley, where UFC gave O'Malley absolute tomato cans for him to get enough wins to give him undeserved win-win fights, and the robbery to boot.

Pico is only 26 years old right now. Hope he can come back, but he just looks like he never mentally recovered. Yes Pico is 7-1 since 2020 with one fluke injury loss, but still he just doesn't look right to me since.

Here's to hoping he can come back.

O'Malley jabs were unnecessary but yeah, Cheers.

O'Malley jabs were unnecessary but yeah, Cheers.

74239a82ab19b58dac516cc3bcc248b6.gif

Pico had a few setbacks but he was not beaten since his first fight. He was always winning until he got caught reckless and put to sleep.

If he wasn't for a shoulder injury in his last loss in a fight he was easily controlling he would be on a 8 fight winning streak.

Pico is a top tier prospect. Rosas still has a lot to prove.

Nickal is a soulless ginger. He is lucky to be in one of the worst divisions in MMA.

Pico had a few setbacks but he was not beaten since his first fight. He was always winning until he got caught reckless and put to sleep.

If he wasn't for a shoulder injury in his last loss in a fight he was easily controlling he would be on a 8 fight winning streak.

Pico is a top tier prospect. Rosas still has a lot to prove.

Nickal is a soulless ginger. He is lucky to be in one of the worst divisions in MMA.

Pico doesn't look right to me.

I think he's done, hope I'm wrong. But yeah, could be undefeated since 2020.

i don't agree with the O'Malley analysis. Eddie Wineland wasn't a tomato can. he's a former BW champion. you can tell O'Malley had the goods striking and with his size he would be problematic. Rosas has none of those attributes. his striking is very rudimentary and he's not that big for the weight class. Aaron Pico should've stayed in wrestling, yeah he had a lot of accolades coming into MMA but he's still a bust in my opinion, and i think the same about Rosas. that's the only thing they have in common, but i do agree Aaron is a much better fighter than Rosas is.

i don't agree with the O'Malley analysis. Eddie Wineland wasn't a tomato can. he's a former BW champion. you can tell he had the goods striking and with his size he would be problematic. Rosas has none of those attributes. his striking is very rudimentary and he's not that big for the weight class. Aaron Pico should've stayed in wrestling, yeah he had a lot of accolades coming into MMA but he's still a bust in my opinion, and i think the same about Rosas. that's the only thing they have in common, but i do agree Aaron is a much better fighter than Rosas is.

Bud, Wineland was so shot when he fought him. He would've given BJ run for his money. O'Malley closed around -580 against him.

And forum consensus was even worse than that.

So when Pico was like 19 or whatever, there was this guy called Zain Retherford, who wrestled for the same university Bo Nickal is from.

Retherford is a three-time NCAA champion, one time silver world medalist, though not official olympic weight class, now a gold medalist at the worlds.
There's a shit load of hype behind Nickal, which I'm not part of, Retherford is simply better than Nickal.

And if you weren't following their match ups in wrestling, and when I say Pico wiped the floor with Retherford, that is no exaggeration. Pico was that special of a prospect.

It's just an unfortunate reminder what unfortunate rushing of the best prospect in MMA history can possibly derail that promising career from the get go.

Rosa who fought last night compared to Pico would be akin to a broken down bicycle to a Porsche and UFC is clearly trying to push that guy hard.

PFL fed human corpses to Kayla, and Bellator slightly better for MVP, and UFC did pretty much the same for O'Malley, human tomato cans with all due respect to those fighters. They just got back on that train last night for Rosa. But UFC BW is too stacked right now for them to do that for Rosa like O'Malley, where UFC gave O'Malley absolute tomato cans for him to get enough wins to give him undeserved win-win fights, and the robbery to boot.

Pico is only 26 years old right now. Hope he can come back, but he just looks like he never mentally recovered. Yes Pico is 7-1 since 2020 with one fluke injury loss, but still he just doesn't look right to me since.

Here's to hoping he can come back.

He's overrated. He waa a L in his debut.

Pico is good but unproven despite having a long streak. They fed him no name bums for years until he fought a tough opponent and always lost like to Borics, Corrales, and Kennedy.

Bud, Wineland was so shot when he fought him. He would've given BJ run for his money. O'Malley closed around -580 against him.

And forum consensus was even worse than that.

yeah but he's not a tomato can. tomato cans are guys literally brought in to lose. like what they were doing for Greg Hardy for a while. O'Malley got the Conor treatment. favorable match ups. but they didn't give him straight up tomato cans like they did for Greg Hardy, like what they're doing for Bo Nickal. O'Malley at least fought guys who were in the UFC before he came llke Conor's title run at 145lb.

Pico is good but unproven despite having a long streak. They fed him no name bums for years until he fought a tough opponent and always lost like to Borics, Corrales, and Kennedy.

it's because he has no defense and he can wrestle and strike pretty good, but he can't mix them together fluidly enough to not looked forced and robotic.

Back