Deontay Wilder or George Foreman - Who punches harder? (The Finals)

Who punches harder?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a continuation to these threads.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/out-of-these-boxers-which-4-are-the-hardest-punchers.4307935/

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/earnie-shavers-or-deontay-wilder-who-punches-harder.4307999/

deontay-wilder-george-foreman.jpg

Foreman.

Both are power punchers but you have to take into account the way they generate power. Wilder knocks his opponents out with wild hooks and overhands where he put his whole body into the shot. Foreman can just flick his arm at you at any distance and make your whole body tremble.

P4P, the most powerful puncher of all time could very well be Beterbiev, for the same reasons as Foreman.

Last edited:
I'm truly torn. It's the harder we're looking for. Foreman could punch from his bed and KO a man.
But Wilder's most powerful shot just about equals Foreman's best. Does it surpass it?

Much like with the last thread where we had Wilder vs Shavers, Wilder probably has the more devastating one punch ko potential. That right hand is arguably the most vicious punch in the history of the modern sport, but Foreman had more than one punch that would finish you. So I hve to say Foreman overall.

Last edited:
such different punchers it's hard to say. When it comes to power punchers, as I've mentioned, there seem to be two types. The kind that have a lot of snap which does the most concussive damage and kayos and the kinds that club or are "heavy handed". Fighters with a lot of snap are Edwin Rosario, Mike Tyson, Joe Louis, Roy Jones, then the clubbers are Chavez, Foreman, Hagler, Liston and Marciano. The clubbers generally do not kayo guys with just one or a few punches, often times, it's a fight long process for them but they usually do all sorts of long term damage. hagler was known for ruining opponents, Chavez of course really barely beat Taylor but he still ruined him. Of course, boxing experts have always said no one is the same after a kayo so either way isn't good for their spirit but getting clubbed just seem to, as Norman Mailer once said in the article about the first Ali frazier fight, bring, "the dullest deaths of the brightest cells".

Had to vote George, I don't really know what to do with Wilder, the division and his abilities are so poor, I just don't know what to do with him. And even if you do give him one punch power in the right hand, George had awesome power in every single punch leaving his opponents with nowhere to hide. Frazier ducked into uppercuts, bobbed into rights and lefts and did himself no favors by wading right back in everytime.

such different punchers it's hard to say. When it comes to power punchers, as I've mentioned, there seem to be two types. The kind that have a lot of snap which does the most concussive damage and kayos and the kinds that club or are "heavy handed". Fighters with a lot of snap are Edwin Rosario, Mike Tyson, Joe Louis, Roy Jones, then the clubbers are Chavez, Foreman, Hagler, Liston and Marciano. The clubbers generally do not kayo guys with just one or a few punches, often times, it's a fight long process for them but they usually do all sorts of long term damage. hagler was known for ruining opponents, Chavez of course really barely beat Taylor but he still ruined him. Of course, boxing experts have always said no one is the same after a kayo so either way isn't good for their spirit but getting clubbed just seem to, as Norman Mailer once said in the article about the first Ali frazier fight, bring, "the dullest deaths of the brightest cells".

Had to vote George, I don't really know what to do with Wilder, the division and his abilities are so poor, I just don't know what to do with him. And even if you do give him one punch power in the right hand, George had awesome power in every single punch leaving his opponents with nowhere to hide. Frazier ducked into uppercuts, bobbed into rights and lefts and did himself no favors by wading right back in everytime.

Well said my friend, well said.

overall id have to say Foreman.
while Wilder's right hand is extraordinary and a complete game changer, Foreman had "fuck you" power from nearly every angle he threw his punches from. Moorer got KO'd by a straight right, Cooney got blasted into bolivian with a walking uppercut to cross combo - similar to Jose Roman who also got flattened with an uppercut. I even saw Foreman just graze a dude with a left hook (i think it was Rodriguez) and he went down legs wobbling like he just got clotheslined by a bridge. and moz also mentioned how even Joe Frasier's defensive movement was useless against Foreman because Foreman just threw punches in every direction that caught Frasier as he moved.

and lest i forget, even glancing blows by foreman could put a guy in trouble, he landed plenty of sloppy punches on joe and still put him down 5-6 times in the first fight.

Wilder P4P and overall.

Wilder got the boxing skills of a highschool wrestler thats why he focused more on his right hand and it doesnt help that he wieghs less than CWs and every1 of his opponents was a much much muuch better boxer.

But Foreman is one of the few HWs who got legit P4P power.

Obviously, George can punch, but Wilder has retard power, it’s pretty much unfair.

I mean, the guy can get whooped the whole fight, winging ridiculous shots and missing by a mile, then land single punch for the win; the crap is laughable. What in the world do you do with someone that has that kind of power?

This is not gonna go over well with some people, but the guy has a legit chance against any heavyweight how has ever lived. For some reason that truth just makes me crack up.

Wilder P4P and overall.

Wilder got the boxing skills of a highschool wrestler thats why he focused more on his right hand and it doesnt help that he wieghs less than CWs and every1 of his opponents was a much much muuch better boxer.

But Foreman is one of the few HWs who got legit P4P power.
This is how Wilder KO people:
7dun.gif

This is how Foreman KO people:
CXhN81.gif

It’s not that Foreman can’t throw Hail Marys, he just doesn’t need to since his regular, short, effortless punches are already crazy strong. Let’s say George decides to throw a punch like Wilder: you’re gonna tell me Wilder’s punch is still harder?

Imagine Wilder throwing a short straight right at close range while barely turning his hips: you’re gonna tell me he’ll generate the same amount of force as George?

If Foreman and Wilder throw the same punch, George’s will hit harder, every single time.

This is how Wilder KO people:
7dun.gif

This is how Foreman KO people:
CXhN81.gif

It’s not that Foreman can’t throw Hail Marys, he just doesn’t need to since his regular, short, effortless punches are already crazy strong. Let’s say George decides to throw a punch like Wilder: you’re gonna tell me Wilder’s punch is still harder?

Imagine Wilder throwing a short straight right at close range while barely turning his hips: you’re gonna tell me he’ll generate the same amount of force as George?

If Foreman and Wilder throw the same punch, George’s will hit harder, every single time.
Wilder's power isn't just in long overhands from range.

wild1.gif

200w.gif

Wilder's power isn't just in long overhands from range.

wild1.gif

200w.gif
Both your gifs show Wilder’s opponent literally running head first into Wilder’s hook. Imagine Foreman’s opponents charging head first into his punches and the amount of additional force that would result from it.

gotta go with Foreman.

his power carried into his 40s, and 50s

hcTdV5.gif

Attachments

• upload_2023-9-21_7-18-1.jpeg
    upload_2023-9-21_7-18-1.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1
Foreman had more blunt force and his punches probably hurt like hell, Wilder's punches are snappier and more likely to result in one punch knockouts.

I can't see Wilder destroying people's livers or breaking their bones like Foreman could, but he can put your lights out like nobody I've ever seen in the heavyweight division.

Back