Facts AND logic. Dana explains why Colby deserves the next title shot

Its almost like he booked this fight because he knew people wouldn't stop talking about it.

I suppose with a person of regular intelligence you would maybe look at their continued practice of rewarding inactive fighters with monetary compensation and championship opportunities, decide if this is really working going forward, and proceed from there. or Dana could be a lazy, useless imbecile like always and just bark "it's the way it's always been!" into a live microphone, which is basically as good. cool company

Colby is a leech. A cockroach. He just doesn't go away. NO top 15 wins (yes, I didn't say top 5, a TOP 15 win), inactive for almost 2 years but hey, let's give him a free title shot. I pray to god Leon gets it done. WW is already terrible. In addition to this, imagine this prick being the champion of that division...

<{clintugh}>

We just saw Edwards against a similar style in Usman....twice.
Then add Belal to that mix, yuck. All 3 are pillow fisted cardio wrasslers, Usman has some decent power though.

Outside of burns who else was a top 5 fighter that belal beat? Brady was 7?
Maia was 9. Brady was 8, Wonderboy was 5, Luque was 5, Burns was 5.

Five top-10 wins, three of which were top-5, capping off a 10 fight unbeaten streak. Add in the fact that there's a 'top welterweight' who basically isn't eligible to be a welterweight dragging down some of those numbers, and it's incredibly unprecedented how screwed over Belal is at this point. Don't think there's a single stronger case for "I did everything I was supposed to" in the UFC not getting the next shot. Instead, he has a 'Dana White Promise' for next shot, but still has to wait for the dog and pony show to run through town.

Well for starters he's confusing the two fighters. Leon was inactive for 1 year, Colby is the one inactive for 2 years. Also Leon was inactive for a year specifically because of the UFC. He was on a 9 fight win streak and was supposed to fight Khamzat. Took Nate Diaz instead because the UFC wanted to make that fight. He was doing what they wanted and they promised him a title fight if he won.

Colby on the other hand was never promised a title fight. He sat out for over a year and they randomly gave him one when there were more deserving contenders.

I mean I think it makes sense. Leon got a title shot off a NC with belal
No he didn't?
while colby is off a razor thin fight with Usman that he arguably won
But he didn't, that's his second loss, and he didn't arguably win the first fight where he got his jaw jacked, so the fact he got a rematch in no time off of THAT one too is a joke.
and then he stepped in as backup for Usman leon after someone allegedly had weight issues.
Drinking the Dana White kool-aid. LOTS of fighters are backups, that has never meant a fucking thing before. Luque was the backup for Usman-Colby 2 when Luque was a top 5 on a hot streak of stoppages and bonuses, which should apparently make him the next up challenger, but Belal beat him 3 fights ago and is still left jerking off in the dark.
In addition, colby was literally assaulted by masvidal and we still don't know the extent of the injury. Obviously I'd prefer shavkat but I'm not against the colby fight.
We don't know the extent of the injury, but given that the only people we've heard it from are bullshit artists Colby and Dana doesn't help that fact. AND it also has FUCK ALL to do with matchmaking.

Hey guys, someone ran over Arlovski's foot with their car. Let's give him a title shot when he's recovered.

See? Fucking nonsense.

Its almost like he booked this fight because he knew people wouldn't stop talking about it.
We could book Leon vs 3-0 Mike Malott, that'd really get everyone talking. Sure, they'd be saying "What the fuck is this?" but any talk is good talk, right?

Colby's only accomplishment is losing to Usman <45>
Being competitive means nothing. Styles make fights. We don't know how good Colby is because he never fights.

He literally has no wins over anyone in the top 15. His previous two wins were both on losing streaks and retired from the sport after facing him. His last win over someone not retired was RDA and that was 5 years ago.

I do expect Colby to beat the fuck out of Leon tbh.

He will drown him by the 3rd round, Leon may be strong but he can’t keep up with Colby’s pace especially with his back stuck on the octagon eating body shots and Colby’s skull being pushed up against his diaphragm the whole time.
Leon simply won’t do enough to defeat Colby, he barely does anything in any of his fights and with activity being the name of Colby’s game it’s not going to look good to the judges even if he’s defending takedowns or not.

Colby's only accomplishment is losing to Usman <45>
Being competitive means nothing. Styles make fights. We don't know how good Colby is because he never fights.
First fight gets an asterisk because of usmans blatant cheating. Second fight Usman basically won off champs advantage . Colby won last 3 rounds but Usman had a 10-8FB_IMG_1695311771286.jpg

Colby is a leech. A cockroach. He just doesn't go away. NO top 15 wins (yes, I didn't say top 5, a TOP 15 win), inactive for almost 2 years but hey, let's give him a free title shot. I pray to god Leon gets it done. WW is already terrible. In addition to this, imagine this prick being the champion of that division...

<{clintugh}>
People actually want him as champion. I don't get it.

Let's have our WW champ not fight any contenders and just call out Conor Mcgregor and Dustin Poirier. Colby doesn't even fight contenders as is, you seriously fucking think he's gonna start when he's champ? Why the fuck would you ever want this?

The worst part about this is the UFC fully endorses these stupid ass WWE personalities and completely disregard the integrity of the sport for it.

It's terrible reasoning. Leon didn't just not fight for 2 years. He spent 6 months after beating #4 RDA to renegotiate his contract, but he was due to fight de-champed Woodley the week the world shut down. He literally COULDN'T do fights for 7 months after that, then took a fight against an unranked guy, then spent the next 14 months signing up for fight after fight after fight, but only 2 people managed to show up. The world had Covid and Leon got Covid, but he still tried to show up. Colby's 'injury' still sounds like piss, and he hasn't attempted anything. Add onto that your point about Colby having lost 2 title shots in his few fights he's done, and it's a load of shit.
i mean i believe Colby got a concussion and he definitely did have a few teeth broken. would explain why he was out of the spotlight for a bit.
but how does this translate into him fighting, if at all?
i hope Leon beats him convincingly so then Colby will have to go back to the drawing board and fight some up and comers. there was a time a few years back where one could say "if Usman wasnt champ, Colby would be". well now Usman is not champ, so lets see what happens.

You think Leon would rather do half as many buys with Belal (took like 5 seconds to remember his name)? Leon was just negotiating when he was saying he didn't want to fight Colby.
Edwards would rather have had the coheadlining spot at UFC 295 with someone who isn't Colby than main eventing 296 with Colby. Colby may be a better draw than Belal, but he's not nearly the draw his supporters seem to think he is.

Back