• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Kevin McCarthy ousted; Mike Johnson becomes US House speaker

this is fantastic

Time to sit back on watch the GOP eat itself.
The Freedumb Caucus dont have enough votes to get anything done, and the Adults in the GOP will eventually get sick of their shit. So it is time to sit back and watch the Civil War.
I mean Trump lost in 2020 and the Freedumb Caucus is still acting like Trumpism is a winner. It only wins in their gerrymandered district.
Lindsey was right but was a little off on his prediction.
0f0865a12728a3b9f779e7fb2932301133dab04bd0196a449bb84ec25c1a6d0b_1.jpg

theres alot of democrat house members missing because of diane feinsteins funeral. in a vote so close i wonder if that will end up being the difference maker?
Why? None of them will protect McCarthy. They have already said that.

Edit: This post is too late but still curious if you thought Dems might protect him.

Time to sit back on watch the GOP eat itself.
The Freedumb Caucus dont have enough votes to get anything done, and the Adults in the GOP will eventually get sick of their shit. So it is time to sit back and watch the Civil War.
I mean Trump lost in 2020 and the Freedumb Caucus is still acting like Trumpism is a winner. It only wins in their gerrymandered district.
Lindsey was right but was a little off on his prediction.
0f0865a12728a3b9f779e7fb2932301133dab04bd0196a449bb84ec25c1a6d0b_1.jpg
Now we can put somebody more qualified in charge, like boebert

He isn’t necessarily gone as I assume he’s going to seek nomination. Its true he could still lose it to someone else but seems like he could either bargain with Dems for a few votes or the 3-4 holding out budged against after 20 rounds of voting. Those seem more likely than Jeffries winning or another nominee taking it but who knows

Why? None of them will protect McCarthy. They have already said that.

Edit: This post is too late but still curious if you thought Dems might protect him.

no, it was already apparent they werent going to go to bat for him, especially after they came to his rescue just to pass the bill and prevent the government shutdown and then he threw them under the bus and the republicans blamed their problems on the democrats, but i was just curious about how much it would have changed the threshhold needed to remove. obviously by them not being present it wasnt going to do the republicans any favors, but perhaps they would have only needed like 4 or 5 votes from the republican side to oust instead of 211.

he's going to start having to start sucking down democrat cock if he ever wants to be speaker again, because he wont be able to appease the 8 or 9 maga trash in congress this time around, so he doesnt have the votes from within his own party. just like the conservatives carnival back in january, this shits gonna be stuck in limbo for a while. who knows how many rounds of votes its gonna take?

grab your popcorn for this one. while republicans are busy throwing shit at each other and shitting up the house chamber and showing once again that they are incompetent, have no leadership from within, and are unfit to govern, all that you are going to hear from the other side of the aisle is "we stand united with hakeem jeffries!"

Last edited:
Eight Republicans voted to remove Kevin McCarthy, among them Tim Burchett of Tennessee.

Burchett said that as he was considering whether or not to support ejecting McCarthy, the then-speaker called him and “said something that I thought belittled me and my belief system,” Burchett told CNN.

“You know, that pretty much sealed it with me right there. I thought that showed the character of a man,” he continued, but declined to elaborate on what McCarthy said.

Asked by anchor Jake Tapper if he would support any of the high-ranking Republicans who have been floated as potential McCarthy replacements – such as Minnesota’s Tom Emmer, Oklahoma’s Tom Cole or Louisiana’s Steve Scalise – Burchett replied, “All three of those would be excellent choices, and I think they can do an excellent job. They’re honorable men.”

“They’ve never openly mocked me anyway.”

The Guardian

Kevin insulted Tim. That’s what sealed his fate.

Kind of tired of this shit from both sides. Stop with the publicity stunts and do something for the people.

look at this giant pussy. "both sides" when this is the right literally eating itself.

remember who else used the "both sides" defense? yeah, the guy who made the "Republican" party a joke.

He isn’t necessarily gone as I assume he’s going to seek nomination. Its true he could still lose it to someone else but seems like he could either bargain with Dems for a few votes or the 3-4 holding out budged against after 20 rounds of voting. Those seem more likely than Jeffries winning or another nominee taking it but who knows

I don't see them crossing the aisle on this one, and the next guy will be held to same standard anyways, so what difference does it make to them, anyways? The next guy(or gal) will have their the feet held to the fire all the same, and won't be doing the Dems any favors. There's nothing to be gained for them by getting involved.

Back