Social Kevin McCarthy ousted; Mike Johnson becomes US House speaker

We should know the house is filled with mediocrity and worse. As a kid you believe our political leaders must be smart. Then when you pay attention you realize they are mostly mediocre. And that’s generous to many of them.

It must be extremely frustrating for democrats to see a politician actually doing what he promised.

F7iyCZQXcAAwYDz

At least Gaetz did what he said he was going to do unlike AOC and the Fraud Squad.

You guys need at least 1 representative from the left to actually believe what the claim to believe. I’m sure this is frustrating.

Any idea how many Republican votes the Democrats would need to select the Speaker? Instead of continuing to vote for Jeffries they should see if they can make a deal with enough moderate Republicans to vote one of them into the position. It would be a rational Speaker that could run the House in a more bipartisan manner.

What "rational" moderate exists in today's Republican party? The base is against anyone who isn't a Trump supporter.

At least Gaetz did what he said he was going to do unlike AOC and the Fraud Squad.

He sounds like a populist using easy talking points.

Not surprising, really.

I'm conservative and I'm completely fine with them being broken. They weren't accomplishing anything for me anyways

Exactly. I consider myself socially conservative, but never really cared about politics cause government sucks. So funny the GOP like McCain, Bush, Cheney, Romney, all of they were trashed by the mainstream for as long as I was voting age.

oh and now the same media praises these people and pines for the party to go back to that.

uhhh, I think not. That is just controlled opposition uniparty bullshit.

that is why you see the bush apparatus in Texas going after ken Paxton because he wants to do something about the border, about securing elections, about federal government overreach.

It is no longer left cs right, simply national populism with social conservatism vs Marxist globalists

Back