Television SCOTT PILGRIM TAKES OFF Anime Series (Official Trailer; Premieres Nov. 17th)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: October 14, 2023

Official Trailer for SCOTT PILGRIM TAKES OFF Anime Series; Premieres Nov. 17th

Scott Pilgrim meets the girl of his dreams, Ramona Flowers, but learns he must defeat her seven evil exes in order to date her. Then things get even more complicated. Based on the graphic novels by Bryan Lee O'Malley. Scott Pilgrim Takes Off is coming soon to Netflix on November 17th.

I mean not really a remake since it's an animated series and not a movie.

It’s an animated retelling of a live action film that’s already been done using the same actors as the live action film.. so.. it’s still a remake in a way.

I’ll probably check this out because I dug the film so much.

It’s an animated retelling of a live action film that’s already been done using the same actors as the live action film.. so.. it’s still a remake in a way.

I’ll probably check this out because I dug the film so much.
Well unless I'm missing something somewhere I figured an anime series would probably more closely match the manga. Instead of just smashing everything into 90 minutes like the movie.

Oh. That clears it up. Good to know it's a remake instead of a remake.
I mean I'm not sure how an animated series ISN'T a different thing than a live action movie. I figured at the bare minimum it's nice for fans of the manga as you'd figure a series would be a lot more in depth than a movie. And animation is closer to the source material than live action.

Meh. Let me know when they do a spin-off show set at Vegan Academy;)

The voice cast looks surprising high budget lol

Btw game was very good

Oh. That clears it up. Good to know it's a remake instead of a remake.

The movie made a lot of changes to the source material. I mean a lot. The entire ending was changed (well, changed isn't the right word, since the last book hadn't come out yet). The ending in the books is far, far superior.

I'm hoping that the series is more faithful.

I mean I'm not sure how an animated series ISN'T a different thing than a live action movie. I figured at the bare minimum it's nice for fans of the manga as you'd figure a series would be a lot more in depth than a movie. And animation is closer to the source material than live action.
Manga?

Back