• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Tony Ferguson being a POS

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

A training partner talking about how Tony tried to intentionally hurt him.

Tony has always come across like a POS to me, between the Verdum situation, how he treated that journalist who asked him about mental health, and all his weird bizarre behavior. Why does the MMA community give him a pass for being a jerk?

I would have liked to get both sides of the story. But then again, if we always had to get two sides to all the stories, the stories would become so much more complicated.

I think nostalgia is a reason why people are more lenient with him, but still, I think most people agree that he's ill, and should retire. Obviously, mental illness doesn't excuse everything, but it does seem to be quite serious to be fair.
Tony is a Just Bleed guy, inside and out. Probably literally. Like inside his skull.
<Dany07>

Last edited:
Vinc vs Ferguson is the fight to make. Vinc had a issue with Ferguson before even training with him, sounds like he was overly emotional or acting like a prick that rubbed off

Because he's a POS in an entertaining self-destructive way. Entertaining people get a lot of passes and you could see that a lot with Conor and Mas and many others.
True, i think in a weird way him being a POS is kinda tied to his fan friendly fighting style, a weird and wacky unpredictability. I also think a lot of it was driven by Khabib hatred, there is a segment of the fanbase that will always lionize whoever the nemesis of the Dagestan crew is. Oliveira benefits from it as well.

I've said this loads of times on here but Tony has not become weird because of CTE or whatever BS reasons. He has always been like this from the start, because I watched the entire TUF 13 season, that was actually the last TUF that I bothered to watch because I wanted to see the Brock vs JDS fight, which sadly never even happened.. But anyways Tony is a violent alcoholic and very paranoid, everyone was walking on egg shells around him in the TUF house, he was very unpredictable.

Anyone who watched TUF 13 will know exactly what I am talking about. I always enjoyed his fights because he was entertaining and always let go and was always in fun fights, he was fun to watch, but as a person... yeah I imagine he is very difficult to get on with.

When he was arrested because he claimed someone had implanted a computer chip into his leg, everyone forgot about it and moved on the next day, but I found it very worrying because he is clearly a very paranoid person and believes it.

dude is bipolar

Anyway I never really connected w Tony cos his personality is very moody and abrasive. He does and says alot of shit that only make sense to him,and that seems to be workin against him.

I still felt bad when chandler killed him,and his team failed him against Justin

dude is bipolar

Anyway I never really connected w Tony cos his personality is very moody and abrasive. He does and says alot of shit that only make sense to him,and that seems to be workin against him.

I still felt bad when chandler killed him,and his team failed him against Justin
He failed himself against Justin. Who the hell voluntarily decides to cut weight twice in a 2 week period? As soon as i saw that i had a feeling Gaethje would win, Tony isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Back