STARFIELD discussion

So I got back with Sarah, Andreja got pissed off but I spoke to her and sorted it out, so now I'm still married to Andreja and Sarah is the mistress

TQh9Ock.png

Beowulf was the best gun for me, as I spec myself into sneaky sniper, it shoots fast enough and have enough ammo in clip even if a few enemy get close I can still shoot them down before I reload.
My Bewulf is great, a bit too great imo lol Such a nice, consistent weapon. My favourite weapons are the mag style ones, got the Revanant from the Crimson Fleet quest, my favourite gun. My magnsniper is awesome, I have 600+ damage on it. And I found out if you hold the attack button on the magsniper then it will use a charge up shot that does more damage.

Here are my thoughts after my 125+ hour first playthrough. ***SPOILER AHEAD***

Beowulf was the best gun for me, as I spec myself into sneaky sniper, it shoots fast enough and have enough ammo in clip even if a few enemy get close I can still shoot them down before I reload.
House of Varuun seem like a big deal of nothing. I was thinking there could be a big questline about it but all we got was a companion quest from Andreja that felt unfulfilled and the embassy quest that didn't give us any answers.
Vladmir feels more like the leader of Constellation than Sarah for me. I guess it's the way he speaks, being the only person that go to the eye, and giving quests to the player.
I really enjoyed the Crisom Fleet/Sys Def faction questline, I think Eclipse could have used one too as we delve deeper into how mercenaries work in the starfield universe.
I did notice once I finished all the quests, the "pure exploration" part of the game get old really fast as the facilities get repetitive quite fast and the wilderness isn't all that interesting. I was motivated to explore mainly hoping to bump into more interesting quests like the Starseed questline.
The main source of income for me was selling loot as I couldn't be bothered with the outpost system, but I find it harder and harder to sell loot near end game as most shop keepers never increase their credit amount and I'd sometimes exhaust all shop on new Atlantis and have to go to another system or wait.
I loved that Starseed quest, I thought it was called the Crucible. I had intentions of helping Ghengis, but wound up siding with Roosevelt. That's the type of Bethesda magic I want more of!

After getting through all of the faction questlines... Well except the one with the bugged mission I can't finish.... And the main story, I'm leaving the rest of the side quests to keep me busy. I'm hoping to pick up more too. I've done a few of the quests you get from the mission board machine thing too.

So I got back with Sarah, Andreja got pissed off but I spoke to her and sorted it out, so now I'm still married to Andreja and Sarah is the mistress

TQh9Ock.png
So you can hook back up with Sarah if Andreja gets angry with you? What happens when you go to sleep, is it who's partnered with you at the time that wakes up with you?

I'm sticking with Andreja in this run, but Sarah won't stop giving me hints
Sarah-pushup.jpg

I found the best resource for everything Starfield so far, especially if you're looking to find every quest, or compared ship parts,really easy to navigate

https://inara.cz/starfield

I loved that Starseed quest, I thought it was called the Crucible. I had intentions of helping Ghengis, but wound up siding with Roosevelt. That's the type of Bethesda magic I want more of!

So you can hook back up with Sarah if Andreja gets angry with you? What happens when you go to sleep, is it who's partnered with you at the time that wakes up with you?

I'm sticking with Andreja in this run, but Sarah won't stop giving me hints
View attachment 1006335

I found the best resource for everything Starfield so far, especially if you're looking to find every quest, or compared ship parts,really easy to navigate

https://inara.cz/starfield
Yes but I don't know if I'm able to re-marry her, I don't think that's an option with the way I've done things.

Because I was with Sarah first, got married, then divorced, then got with Andreja

But I've seen other variations where they got with Andreja first, married then got in a relationship with Sarah, which pissed off Andreja but then they made up and they got to marry Sarah

So I guess it depends on which path you took first

What happens when you go to sleep, is it who's partnered with you at the time that wakes up with you?
Forgot to answer this, yes whichever one you take with you will wake up with you

@GtehMVP did you do that mission for Walter where he asked you to design a ship? I did and went with the big budget, throw everything together option and ended up with this monstrocity - the Kepler R

9p5Goy7.png

I went back to my Razorleaf, the Kepler is too damn big, will probably have to customise it properly and remove unnecessary weight.

i went the cheap budget route and got the kepler s. it's the B class one. though it looks like its been neutered of all weapons and everything lol.

ill probably just sell the damn thing

My work PC keeps telling me to play Starfield on GamePass every time I wake it up.

It's an HP laptop that's at least 5 years old, with 16GB of RAM and no GPU so I doubt it could handle it, it's just funny Microsoft is telling me to slack off from work.

i went the cheap budget route and got the kepler s. it's the B class one. though it looks like its been neutered of all weapons and everything lol.

ill probably just sell the damn thing
You know it's funny when I was jumping to a system to do a mission, I encountered an NPC piloting a Kepler R and I told them I helped design it and they told me I suck and that I should quit and find another career lol

Well officially uninstalled. At this point I'd rather play Forza Motorsport and with Spider-Man 2 coming next week I don't really see myself getting back to it. Obviously it's not a steaming turd like Fallout 76 but still incredibly disappointing. BGS was my favorite developer of the PS3 gen and I loved Fallout 4 but at this point I have very little faith in Elder Scolls 6 delivering.

Well officially uninstalled. At this point I'd rather play Forza Motorsport and with Spider-Man 2 coming next week I don't really see myself getting back to it. Obviously it's not a steaming turd like Fallout 76 but still incredibly disappointing. BGS was my favorite developer of the PS3 gen and I loved Fallout 4 but at this point I have very little faith in Elder Scolls 6 delivering.

I have faith in ES6, and I think this game might be misunderstood at this point, as it seems like a game that might take a few years to truly appreciate.

That said, I'm getting close to giving up on it. This one little side mission, basically encapsulated my annoyance with it. It was a little mission just to go talk to someone in space. I had to talk to some dull NPC for what seemed like hours, only to find the mission marker off planet. So I gotta go get in the ship and fuck around to find where they are, and then I get there, only to be greeted by three enemy ships way above my level, and they just obliterate me, as I try to get a handle on the shitty space combat controls(I find space combat boring under the best circumstances). So now, I'm just kind of stuck in this mission, unless I want to load an older save.

And it's all for what? Some credits? The game is too damn big for it's own good. I think it's main problem is that it's in space, with all these planets that you have to traverse around, and then find out you're not quite there yet, after like an hour of bullshit. It's like getting a "Skyrim" fetch quest in Whiterun that tasks you to go to the other side of the map, only to get destroyed. Unlike "Skyrim", this game doesn't naturally ease you into it, where you can look at certain missions, and think it's not quite the time for that.

This game is like its menu system. It's a clusterfuck of information and confusion, that doesn't tell you anything. It's like a wall of text in videogame form.

I have faith in ES6, and I think this game might be misunderstood at this point, as it seems like a game that might take a few years to truly appreciate.

That said, I'm getting close to giving up on it. This one little side mission, basically encapsulated my annoyance with it. It was a little mission just to go talk to someone in space. I had to talk to some dull NPC for what seemed like hours, only to find the mission marker off planet. So I gotta go get in the ship and fuck around to find where they are, and then I get there, only to be greeted by three enemy ships way above my level, and they just obliterate me, as I try to get a handle on the shitty space combat controls(I find space combat boring under the best circumstances). So now, I'm just kind of stuck in this mission, unless I want to load an older save.

And it's all for what? Some credits? The game is too damn big for it's own good. I think it's main problem is that it's in space, with all these planets that you have to traverse around, and then find out you're not quite there yet, after like an hour of bullshit. It's like getting a "Skyrim" fetch quest in Whiterun that tasks you to go to the other side of the map, only to get destroyed. Unlike "Skyrim", this game doesn't naturally ease you into it, where you can look at certain missions, and think it's not quite the time for that.

This game is like its menu system. It's a clusterfuck of information and confusion, that doesn't tell you anything. It's like a wall of text in videogame form.
Skyrim is one of my favorite games of all time. I'd like to say I'll continue to hold out hope for Elder Scrolls 6 but fuck man aside from my loss in faith in BGS, that game is what...5 years away? I don't even know if I'll own whatever next Xbox it's on or if I'll care by then.

As far as Starfield goes...I put maybe 20-30 hours in. I tried to mainline the story but it was so fucking boring and filled with uninteresting characters and locations that I finally just said fuck it and started exploring. That was a little better but the world still felt dull and lifeless. I agree, it's far too big for its own good. I admire the ambition but how do you go from Boston to multiple galaxies? It's too far a leap for any developer and clearly they overreached. Despite my relatively short play time I still ran into the same bases and labs and caves over and over again. Again, it's not horrible but that's the nicest thing I can say about it. In reality it's a boring, bloated, creatively bankrupt wet fart of a game.

Skyrim is one of my favorite games of all time. I'd like to say I'll continue to hold out hope for Elder Scrolls 6 but fuck man aside from my loss in faith in BGS, that game is what...5 years away? I don't even know if I'll own whatever next Xbox it's on or if I'll care by then.

As far as Starfield goes...I put maybe 20-30 hours in. I tried to mainline the story but it was so fucking boring and filled with uninteresting characters and locations that I finally just said fuck it and started exploring. That was a little better but the world still felt dull and lifeless. I agree, it's far too big for its own good. I admire the ambition but how do you go from Boston to multiple galaxies? It's too far a leap for any developer and clearly they overreached. Despite my relatively short play time I still ran into the same bases and labs and caves over and over again. Again, it's not horrible but that's the nicest thing I can say about it. In reality it's a boring, bloated, creatively bankrupt wet fart of a game.

The game is flat out boring.

I gave it a shot but simply dropped it a few weeks ago. I figured a small break would make me wanna play it again but no. I don't miss it. Every single problem you've listed I completely agree.

The lack of immersion is what killed this game for me. Yes Skyrim has loading screens but you are loading into the next room or entering a castle or cave. It was a world that was believable where everything was connected. You're not whisking away to another travel point or world every time you are done with a quest. With similar open world games like Horizon Forbidden West and Ghost of Tsushima, when you are done with a quest you can look around and target another quest nearby and run/ride towards it. You can't really do that with this game (the vast majority of the time) and you have to fast travel to a place different from where you came from. It feels fake... the worst are the random planets with that kinda dead, empty but similar environment with a few sets of rocks, plants and enemies to farm.

This game might improve in the future with updates and DLCs but I feel the game is fundamentally broken. It's the way it plays. it's not fun. What I had been feeling before was nostalgia because it plays a bit like Skyrim but it feels antiquated.

Dropped my score for this game to a 6. If I didn't have a mountain of games to play (Spiderman 2 and Icarus and Remnant 2 with my buddies) I may have kept on going but nowadays I don't have that patience in my anymore.

Last edited:
I thought it just me but going by this thread it seems that quite a few others also think this is a boring piece of shit.

Got this gsme for free with my new CPU and I still get the feeling I overpaid for it. And according to “experts”, this was supposed to be GOTY…

I love this game, poured almost 260 hours into it, making it my second most played on Steam. It overtook a lot of icons from library.
Screenshot 2023-10-19 180047.jpg

Most of my time was spent making ships, it's incredibly addictive when you get the hang of things. This thing, with the right parts/skills shreds enemies and can carry so much while still being super maneuverable, really rewarding late game adventures.
Star-Seeker-Stats.jpg
Star-Seeker-Top.jpg
Star-Seeker-Oct-17.jpg
Once you figure out where doors and ladders will likely make an incoherent maze of things, you can make pretty much anything. The problem, of course, is that there really isn't much to do with your ships outside fast travelling, crafting and combat. That seems like a lot of things, but it gets old fast enough. How they didn't let you explore all that space between planets in mind boggling. You can literally fly from earth to Mars in real time, but they keep everything in the orbit of a planetary body.

I put at least 2k hours into Fallout 4 on the PS4 long before I bought the PC version. Starfield could easily get into that range if they improve outpost building, among many other things.

Nothing will likely change how discoveries and quests are small pockets across a lot of nothing, the game is too large. Compared to vanilla anything they've done, SF has so much more content, but the way you come across it isn't engaging like their other games. You can excuse a lame Skyrim fetch quest, as you'll likely stumble into something grand, then something grander along the way.

All of of SF's quests needed to be bangers, or least be well written with purpose. There are lots of gems in here, but having shallow fetch quests that add to an already abundance of loading screens can really dampen any previous or subsequent experience.

If Bethesda listens to the critiques, this can turn into something truly special. What they have out of the box is pretty damn good, if you have the patience. In fact, this game is super relaxing, perfect if you're in a chill mood.

Outside building a ship or two, I'll be taking a good break from it until their DLC. I'm pretty sure I found every noteworthy quest that isn't found via RNG. Outside some frustrations, I've had a blast.

btw, I highly recommend taking on Jessamine as a companion. She doesn't pester you about anything, and gives you lots of credits. She has some decent quips and looks good in leather pants. You can recruit her when you join the Crimsom Fleet.
Jessamine.jpg

We really need to be able to romance more characters too, even a side fling. That UC chick on the Den is the one of the few attractive NPC's in the game, wood pixel jiz her.
Reyna.jpg

I love this game, poured almost 260 hours into it, making it my second most played on Steam. It overtook a lot of icons from library.

Most of my time was spent making ships, it's incredibly addictive when you get the hang of things. This thing, with the right parts/skills shreds enemies and can carry so much while still being super maneuverable, really rewarding late game adventures.
View attachment 1007293
Once you figure out where doors and ladders will likely make an incoherent maze of things, you can make pretty much anything. The problem, of course, is that there really isn't much to do with your ships outside fast travelling, crafting and combat. That seems like a lot of things, but it gets old fast enough. How they didn't let you explore all that space between planets in mind boggling. You can literally fly from earth to Mars in real time, but they keep everything in the orbit of a planetary body.

I put at least 2k hours into Fallout 4 on the PS4 long before I bought the PC version. Starfield could easily get into that range if they improve outpost building, among many other things.

Nothing will likely change how discoveries and quests are small pockets across a lot of nothing, the game is too large. Compared to vanilla anything they've done, SF has so much more content, but the way you come across it isn't engaging like their other games. You can excuse a lame Skyrim fetch quest, as you'll likely stumble into something grand, then something grander along the way.

All of of SF's quests needed to be bangers, or least be well written with purpose. There are lots of gems in here, but having shallow fetch quests that add to an already abundance of loading screens can really dampen any previous or subsequent experience.

If Bethesda listens to the critiques, this can turn into something truly special. What they have out of the box is pretty damn good, if you have the patience. In fact, this game is super relaxing, perfect if you're in a chill mood.

Outside building a ship or two, I'll be taking a good break from it until their DLC. I'm pretty sure I found every noteworthy quest that isn't found via RNG. Outside some frustrations, I've had a blast.

btw, I highly recommend taking on Jessamine as a companion. She doesn't pester you about anything, and gives you lots of credits. She has some decent quips and looks good in leather pants. You can recruit her when you join the Crimsom Fleet.
View attachment 1007301

We really need to be able to romance more characters too, even a side fling. That UC chick on the Den is the one of the few attractive NPC's in the game, wood pixel jiz her.
View attachment 1007302
I haven't built or modified a ship from scratch, I just did some adjustments to the Razorleaf but I am thinking of modifying the Kepler R from scratch because it's way too bulky and over-engineered.

But I finally got some praise for designing the ship lol

kVMIPPp.png

And I found a hilarious glitch in Mars, I prepare to go into Cedonia just to see this asshole walking in his underwear without a spacesuit

eGOKVM5.png

That Ranger in Hopetown had the same glitch last night

Gomu5pc.jpg

I haven't built or modified a ship from scratch, I just did some adjustments to the Razorleaf but I am thinking of modifying the Kepler R from scratch because it's way too bulky and over-engineered.

But I finally got some praise for designing the ship lol

kVMIPPp.png

And I found a hilarious glitch in Mars, I prepare to go into Cedonia just to see this asshole walking in his underwear without a spacesuit

eGOKVM5.png

That Ranger in Hopetown had the same glitch last night

Gomu5pc.jpg
I was going to revamp the Kepler for my personal ship as well, but once you reach level 60, you have access to all the best ship parts. I'm kinda attached to it because of the quest. Hopefully we can have NPC's make freight runs with it, or make fleets.

I would stick the cabot bridge somewhere on it though (the one I'm using in my recent ship post) so you won't need as many ladders. That has two floors you can access with stairs, the only freaking one in the game, so far.

If you use the Deimos 2x2 habs for crew quarters and battle stations, they not only look the best inside, but those particular habs let you carry a lot more crew/passengers.

This channel has a walkthough of every hab so you can see what's inside everything. His walkways are also very useful if you want to force pathways between habs. In the thumbnail, that's the Deimos 2x2 crew quarters, very cozy. How does a military ship builder have the most pristine habs??

The best hab is the Stroud workshop, as it's the only one that has a research lab along with all the other crafting stations.

I saw a sleeping bag outside a crashed ship on Venus. There were cans of poutine and bags of Chunks food littered around it. That can not happen on Venus Todd!! lol

BGS has a lot to clean up, and much to add, but I freaking love this game.

I was going to revamp the Kepler for my personal ship as well, but once you reach level 60, you have access to all the best ship parts. I'm kinda attached to it because of the quest. Hopefully we can have NPC's make freight runs with it, or make fleets.

I would stick the cabot bridge somewhere on it though (the one I'm using in my recent ship post) so you won't need as many ladders. That has two floors you can access with stairs, the only freaking one in the game, so far.

If you use the Deimos 2x2 habs for crew quarters and battle stations, they not only look the best inside, but those particular habs let you carry a lot more crew/passengers.

This channel has a walkthough of every hab so you can see what's inside everything. His walkways are also very useful if you want to force pathways between habs. In the thumbnail, that's the Deimos 2x2 crew quarters, very cozy. How does a military ship builder have the most pristine habs??

The best hab is the Stroud workshop, as it's the only one that has a research lab along with all the other crafting stations.

I saw a sleeping bag outside a crashed ship on Venus. There were cans of poutine and bags of Chunks food littered around it. That can not happen on Venus Todd!! lol

BGS has a lot to clean up, and much to add, but I freaking love this game.

I'll give that a watch sometime, sometimes the ship building feels realyl daunting tbh

SPOILER WARNING:

Also I progressed through the main quest earlier this week and had to make the hard choice...

F1D6Rpc.jpg

What a gut punch.

Sarah was my wife, then mistress and now she died... And my second wife was holding her in her arms.

Back