Volkanovski was brilliant in defeat

ilfirin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Quite frankly, I've rarely seen many fighters as humble in defeat. He didn't do bad by any stretch of the imagination, and I'd argue that if they were the same actual weight class, he'd be in with more of a shot.
Thoroughly enjoyed the fight as long as it lasted! I hope and think he'll be back dominating his actual division for a while.

Champion through and through...

My brother sent me a text yesterday after the fight saying, "1st round ko" my response was, "Crazy, but not really."

I still think full camp Volk and Usman take those fights.

The way I see it, even if Volk were on the same level as Islam in terms of technique/athleticism, he would still have two major disadvantages: size and power. Sure enough, power kinda dictated the outcome of the first fight, and now size did it for the second. Nonetheless, props to Islam for being smart at using those advantages.

Last edited:
Yeah he's a class act no matter what some Islam fans say about his "excuses".
He's heartbroken right now. The money was too good to turn down but ultimately I think he cares more about his legacy than the money. He's regretting taking this fight on short notice. This one will always sting.

Yeah he's a class act no matter what some Islam fans say about his "excuses".
He's heartbroken right now. The money was too good to turn down but ultimately I think he cares more about his legacy than the money. He's regretting taking this fight on short notice. This one will always sting.
Islam fans have never had any animosity against Volk from what I’ve seen, he’s mostly been a class act, but his team is full of obnoxious whiners, especially Joe Lopez and Dan Hooker. Volk is a good guy.

My brother sent me a text yesterday after the fight saying, "1st round ko" my response was, "Crazy, but not really."

full camp volk aint winning because he already lost with full camp in his home turf with specific training and drilling to beat islam. their skill level is similar but bruh he just too short. his skill can make it work against lesser opponents like ortega max etc but just skill and athleticism alone is not enough to beat islam you need to match their size aswell.

I mean he zigged and should've zagged. Reminds me of DC in the Jones fight. He took on short notice, but you have to admit even on short notice he was probably in good condition atleast for the 1st round. I still want Volk vs Topuria and think he should leave LW alone.

Islam fans have never had any animosity against Volk from what I’ve seen, he’s mostly been a class act, but his team is full of obnoxious whiners, especially Joe Lopez and Dan Hooker. Volk is a good guy.
I can say the same about the Caucasian guys, they are good but %99 of their fans are not from caucasus so they are even worse than 13 years old k-pop fangirls. Currently the worst fanbase in the whole world. Culture is so important, sharing the same religion doesn't make them same

I can say the same about the Caucasian guys, they are good but %99 of their fans are not from caucasus so they are even worse than 13 years old k-pop fangirls. Currently the worst fanbase in the whole world
There’s a difference between fans being obnoxious and your own team being obnoxious. The way his team made the IV accusations after they lost was disgraceful.

Quite frankly, I've rarely seen many fighters as humble in defeat. He didn't do bad by any stretch of the imagination, and I'd argue that if they were the same actual weight class, he'd be in with more of a shot.
Thoroughly enjoyed the fight as long as it lasted! I hope and think he'll be back dominating his actual division for a while.

Brilliantly unconscious.

He never fixed his head kick D. He lost to max in the rematch despite corruption judges. Despite Max he's kick. Fitting ending though I wanted a double KO.

Islam already Making excuses to duck lw more. He's Walmart Khabib.

What exactly about a full camp would have helped volk not get knocked out by that kick in the first round?

The way I see it, even if Volk were on the same level as Islam in terms of technique/athleticism, he would still have two major disadvantages: size and power. Sure enough, power kinda dictated the outcome of the first fight, and now size did it for the second. Nonetheless, props to Islam for being smart at using those advantages.

Goat manlet. He's lucky that wasn't a McGregor head kick if that's how he reacted to a love tap. Illia Top by KO.

Volk is a legend, but he's now at the age where FWs statistically drop and drop off hard. I hope he is a weird exception but yeah. IMHO even if he lost his next 5 in a row he'd still be the best FW of all time. The Volk from Max 3 to Yair = beats any FW ever in history any day of the week. IMHO.

A full camp would not avoid Volkanovski that K.O... For Usman, it's a possibility, but apparently Chimaev injured his hand, during the 1st.

Back