Recurring Dreams

Dreams like this are your brain's way of warning you.

So you're clearly afraid of being unprepared, so your brain shows you "this is what it feels like to be caught unprepared" and it scares you into putting more effort into preparedness in your real life.

It's actually a good thing.

that sounds terrifying

I have recurring nightmares :(

In my opinion most recurrent dreams are unfinished business of some kind.

I think the psychoanalysts had the right theoretical framing when they considered dreams as being manifestations of the unconscious. They thought of the unconscious mind as a base level in your mind where all your thoughts, experiences and emotions were contained but without any degree of organization. A place naive to logic, to time, to notions of right or wrong and free of ego. Almost like a childlike version of you.

Sometimes events can happen in your life that shake you up or bother you but you don't realize it because the conscious mind keeps a lid on it, keeps you focused on what you're doing. Then you go to sleep and have a dream about it and you realize "Oh right, that did actually bother me."

Another element from psychoanalysis is repetition. The idea that the mind tries to repeat a trauma over and over again until a solution is found. In your case maybe having higher-ups yelling at you over dumb shit left a mark on your unconscious and it's trying to find resolution. That's just an example, you're the one who has to find the proper meaning of your own dream. The dream might go on over and over again until you gain mastery over the feared situation. So for example maybe in the dream you have to go up to your sergeant (or whoever) and tell him that you're not even in the army anymore, that he's not the boss of you and that being the shaving police is dumb as hell too. Then maybe your unconscious mind will be satisfied that the dangerous situation has been mastered and the dream repetition will end. It's harder to do than it sounds because in the dream you genuinely think the dream is real, so the proper conclusion can only be reached if you truly have no fear facing the situation that awaits you at the base.

I dream about being stuck in tornados all the time. And there’s never just 1, it’s like 3 of them will show up at once and I have to find a way to get away from them..

Whats weird to me about this is that I have no fear of tornados and I’ve never been caught in one before.

if someone dream about something he is usually the one that can solve it
maybe your intuition will tell you the solution out of nowhere
as a general rule assume that every dream is a good dream

imo, if it's related to 4 years ago then it shouldn't bother you

I had some army dreams, one few days ago, somehow I just listen to my intuition and I get the answer

your dream has this vibe of "reponsibilty" but what the hell do I know, I am just guessing

I think the psychoanalysts had the right theoretical framing when they considered dreams as being manifestations of the unconscious. They thought of the unconscious mind as a base level in your mind where all your thoughts, experiences and emotions were contained but without any degree of organization. A place naive to logic, to time, to notions of right or wrong and free of ego. Almost like a childlike version of you.

Sometimes events can happen in your life that shake you up or bother you but you don't realize it because the conscious mind keeps a lid on it, keeps you focused on what you're doing. Then you go to sleep and have a dream about it and you realize "Oh right, that did actually bother me."

Another element from psychoanalysis is repetition. The idea that the mind tries to repeat a trauma over and over again until a solution is found. In your case maybe having higher-ups yelling at you over dumb shit left a mark on your unconscious and it's trying to find resolution. That's just an example, you're the one who has to find the proper meaning of your own dream. The dream might go on over and over again until you gain mastery over the feared situation. So for example maybe in the dream you have to go up to your sergeant (or whoever) and tell him that you're not even in the army anymore, that he's not the boss of you and that being the shaving police is dumb as hell too. Then maybe your unconscious mind will be satisfied that the dangerous situation has been mastered and the dream repetition will end. It's harder to do than it sounds because in the dream you genuinely think the dream is real, so the proper conclusion can only be reached if you truly have no fear facing the situation that awaits you at the base.

That certainly seems like part of it, if not most of it. But there also seems to be other things going on sometimes, in addition to the confrontation with one's unconscious.

People can see glimpses of future events within dreams.

I used to have a recurring dream where I was chasing after something. Unfortunately my legs would give out at some point, but I still wanted to go what I was after, so I started to crawl. I was frustrated and running out of breath but I kept going for it.

Dreams like this are your brain's way of warning you.

So you're clearly afraid of being unprepared, so your brain shows you "this is what it feels like to be caught unprepared" and it scares you into putting more effort into preparedness in your real life.

It's actually a good thing.

You guys are definitely on the mark- when I was having this dream I had a health issue that was holding me back from being my best self, and while I knew I could do more with my life if I had my health, I never gave up the dream.

Health issue went away, I pursued what I wanted, and I haven't had that dream in years.

I have some recurring dreams. One thing though is that a lot of my dreams seem to take place in the same area or place although the dreams aren’t connected. It’s like I have a world where my dreams take place in

Usually have both legs absolutely fucked can barely walk( Usually near old home or schools I attended) strong wind happens that literally has me flying backwards rather than walking forward.

Little blonde haired prick of a child walks passed completely unaffected by the wind. I hold on to his shoulder flapping like a scarf in the wind and gain ground on heading the path I was trying to go.

Little prick of a kid is me at some early age. ( maybe 7 to 12 years of age.)

I've taken the dream different ways at different parts of my life though.

It would be one of the very few dreams I remember vividly which may be because it's recurring.

Fucks me <Fedor23>

As a kid i would always have one where i had to swallow a gigantic pill. Like as big as a truck lol. Thing is i never had a problem swallowing any pills. Also still every once in a while, one where my teeth are about to fall out. Which i hear is a dream alot of people have.

I dream about being stuck in tornados all the time. And there’s never just 1, it’s like 3 of them will show up at once and I have to find a way to get away from them..

Whats weird to me about this is that I have no fear of tornados and I’ve never been caught in one before.
Watched Twister one too many times

Either I'm late for work and can't get there or I sneak out of work and can't get back for something important.

Not sure why. I can count on one hand how many times I've been late in 17 years. Some guys I work with are late almost everyday and nothing happens to them.

That certainly seems like part of it, if not most of it. But there also seems to be other things going on sometimes, in addition to the confrontation with one's unconscious.

People can see glimpses of future events within dreams.

That's probably the astral part of the equation. I usually leave that part out because the majority of the population are materialists and they check out when they hear anything that goes outside of their blinders. The control system used to be religion, for this age it's materialism + scientism to keep the "kingdom of the blind," blind.

Jung thought all humans had access to a collective unconscious. When you're in a dream you're essentially in a non-physical state of consciousness, and some people believe the dream scenario in of itself is happening in a "bubble" in the astral, the dimension just one notch lighter than this one which is thought to be the container for the collective unconscious of humanity. If someone can gain their full waking consciousness in the astral, we call it astral projection. However, dreaming is already a minor form of astral projection, it's just that you're stuck in your unconscious' dream scenario unless you go lucid. The bubble isn't hermetic, actual entities can enter your dream and interact with you, although they typically don't and it's hard to tell apart entities generated from you and real ones. I'm not sure how the mechanism works but I'm guessing that in the dream state your defenses are down and you're better capable of catching the messages coming from either a "higher" version of you that has a birds' eye perspective, from other entities or simply get a glimpse into potential timelines. Meditation is usually thought of as a good way to potentiate that connection and get more insights.

Back