Islam should just stay at LW and smesh them all

y.91

Gökhan "The Rebel" Saki - Memorial Account
@Orange
Reaction score
No need for any Hollywood moves, not going up in weight not going down. Just staying in the LW Basement and getting the Rubles.

Smeshing Oliveira, Gaethje, Gamrot, Fiziev, Arman, Dariush and maybe 2, 3 new fresh guys. 10 defences in 3, 4 years.

Dominating the weight class via iron fist and than bye bye.

That is sufficient time to get a few defenses in however - That circle look out for each other and won’t hog the belt too long - give it two - three years max and Islam will vacate for Usman Nurmagomedov.

[QUOTE="Thepaintbucket, post:] Seems like 2 belts is his ultimate goal[/QUOTE]

Twitter smesh all, yet not smesh Burns, show non-smesh ability.

A move to 170 is inevitable. Islam is a huge LW and he isn’t getting any younger

Islam will go up nd come back down and smash them all!

The division is frankly not nearly as exciting as it was once thought to be. It is very striker centric, with the three obvious grapplers (Dariush, Gamrot and Oliveira) not being particularly strong wrestlers, and being already in their mid-thirties. Not to mention Oliveira already got wrecked against Islam, and Dariush was wrecked by Oliveira.

Gamrot is good technically, but has trouble finding the submission often, and I really doubt he can give Islam trouble after his performance with Dariush. But he is up there for the people that could make it interesting. Armen is also possible.

Gamrot, Arman, Justin, Oliveira, Fiziev are all fun fighters, but I doubt they have much for Islam.

Armen and Gamrot are the two contenders I'm more inclined to want to see. Oliveira and Justin are not going to perform well, I think.

I’m sure Dana would love to pay him in Rubles, may as well be paying in fucking dirt lmao.

Yeah, I'd rather he stays at LW and be its first long reigning defending champ, the only reason I'd want him to move up is if the weight cut's finally too much for him

If he doesn't move up there'll be a reprise of the "Khabib can't be LW GOAT because he didn't fight at WW"* retardation.

*(yeah I know like wtf)

I agree. There's a lot of good fights for Islam at LW, no need to fuck around with WW and hold up 2 divisions. Maybe if he can get another 3 or 4 defenses it would make sense.

I’m all for him moving up after he defends 2 more times. Lots of interesting fights for him at WW
Much more than LW. I can't think of any LW fights that would raise his stock at all. It's guys he's already smashed, guys with recent losses and who've already gotten multiple title shots where they got finished.

Islam should move up and challenge for the WW belt and stay there if he wins, or maybe someone will put together more than a 2 fight win streak at LW if he loses.

Much more than LW. I can't think of any LW fights that would raise his stock at all. It's guys he's already smashed, guys with recent losses and who've already gotten multiple title shots where they got finished.

Islam should move up and challenge for the WW belt and stay there if he wins, or maybe someone will put together more than a 2 fight win streak at LW if he loses.
There’s 2 fights at LW that interest me for Islam. Olives rematch and Justin Gaethje.

Olives because I don’t think we got the best version of him that night I think he comes in more measured on the feet and shows more urgency trying to stand up back up

The Gaethje one more so due to the fact that he cracked Khabib multiple times while standing and I’d be interested in seeing how islams more patient grappling style goes in that one.

No need for any Hollywood moves, not going up in weight not going down. Just staying in the LW Basement and getting the Rubles.

Smeshing Oliveira, Gaethje, Gamrot, Fiziev, Arman, Dariush and maybe 2, 3 new fresh guys. 10 defences in 3, 4 years.

Dominating the weight class via iron fist and than bye bye.
i agree. this would be the best move for his legacy. moving up a weight class should be the absolute last option, after cleaning out the division thoroughly.

also moving up to challenge a perceived weak champ (ahem, *adesanya, *conor, *gsp) should count for very little.

Back