Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
I’ll pay and watch the fight. Francis just needs one good shot. Fury’s definitely afraid and respects him more than he lets on. Otherwise the heavyweight belt would’ve been on the line too.

Every top fighter only needs one good shot. That's what "punchers chance" means.

In reality, Francis doesn't have the power to KO Fury.

Its an exhibition, I think they can even do a WWE version of a boxing match and its legal. I think even boxingrec won't list this fight.

Like, indications both ways? So an exhibition that they're trying to hype

Its an exhibition, I think they can even do a WWE version of a boxing match and its legal. I think even boxingrec won't list this fight.
So the effort level is entirely up to the fighters? There’s a chance they half ass it and there’s also a chance they bang out

Top rank are the only people showing the Gala Dinner, so if you want to see all the stars now's your chance - starting 19:00 UK time (Now I'm really really hungry)

So the effort level is entirely up to the fighters? There’s a chance they half ass it and there’s also a chance they bang out
I mean for real both guys would lose too much reputation do not put on a show, but it is possible and legal for them. No idea why this couldn't be a real boxing match.

Even though it’s an exhibition, just look at what happened with Apollo creed versus Drago. Fights like this can escalate quickly.

giphy.gif

Hopefully he gets paid very well, because if Francis gets murked, he is damaged goods.

If Francis does land a big shot (big if) he absolutely could put Fury down for the count. Crazy to think otherwise IMO
that’s true for any boxer at any weight. Furthermore and by the numbers francis isn’t a special puncher. He looks scary- 280lbs with abs but if you look at how many KO wins he has in his fights there are other ufc hwt’s that clearly hit harder

This isn't for Fury's title, but that doesn't mean they won't go hard.

Fury has a fight already booked for December for his belt, so I'd assume he won't be taking too many chances that might get him hurt or knocked out. I expect Francis will be full on though so that he can get another big boxing fight & all the cudoz that come with a Fury KO.

It's kind of interesting in that respect.

Back