Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Fury carried him.

it sets up a rematch down the road that he will dominate with complete and utter ease. All while making a lot of money doing it.

Why would Fury damage his stock in boxing for a rematch in which he was the entire reason for this huge payday? He doesn't need to carry Francis for a big payday rematch, he could just keep challenging MMA champions and keep raking in paydays. The money all came because of his brand, which he just damaged.

There is no rematch you helmet. Fury confirmed it

Depends on the numbers. You're a rube if you don’t think he’s going to double dip his fat fingers in MMA casuals pocket for another easy payday if the numbers are semi decent

Fury wanted the offbeat 1-2 over the top and Francis took that away from him with sharp reflexes and a counter left. It also didn't occur to me before the fight, but as soon as they clinched I thought wait a minute, Fury isn't going to be able to bully him there cause Francis actually knows how to wrestle. Francis basically shut him down and forced him to dance.

I scored it the exact same way that Sherdog did with Ngannou winning by a point and so Fury getting the decision isn't exactly a robbery. It's also worth noting that while Fury may have won a controversial decision, Ngannou definitely won the fight. Fury was knocked down and ultimately a little bit beat up. Ngannou wasn't. Fury didn't really land anything clean on Francis outside of a blatantly illegal elbow. There were only two decisive rounds and both of those were clearly won by Ngannou. All of the other 8 rounds were very close. Ngannou controled the center of the ring for the majority of the fight and Fury couldn't rely on his big size and weight to bully his opponent the way that he has been doing with smaller fighters for the past few years. I'm still in shock that I scored a decision victory for Ngannou. Incredible.... and Dana has to be really kicking himself for not making the fight happen and keeping Ngannou in the UFC. The venue looked packed with famous people and boxing legends everywhere. It had a truly international feel to it. The UFC missed out.

We are all clowns.
Every fight analyst, Sherbro Expert or Pro Fighter, is full of absolute shit.
No one knows what will happen in a combat sport...

Which underdog is next?

I respected Strickland. I didn't respect Ngannou. I believe he won that bout. He was more fatigued and losing the fight but he won the bout.

The live odds do not reflect that. To open the 10th round, Ngannou was actually the favorite of people backing their mouth with money. Those people they were not relying on him scoring a ko. , they were seeing Frank winning a decision after the fight was 90% complete.
You're an idiot, he lost 7 rds to 3. Would have been 8-2

Why don't you do a bunch of media scores I guarantee they reflect that. I know both boxingscene and mmajunkie had that exact score.

It was the correct score. Great showing by frank

It's not surprising Ngannou knocked him down, Wilder knocked him down 4 times in their 3 fights. Fury should actually consider retirement as his chin is questionable. Only his unique size and strong boxing background keeps him safe at this point. Someone with heavy power is going to put him out. As far as this fight Fury won it no question - its boxing scoring.

Maybe.

If they do that once or twice a year, fair play.

If they start doing it every show, they'll hurt the product because those fans won't care less about PFL tournament bouts.
Does anyone give a fuck about PFL tournaments? How many people do you think could name the matchups for this years finals.

I said from the start that Ngannou's team should have gone for the Wilder fight first as it's very winnable for him, would have made the Fury fight even bigger, but I can't fault him for going after the big fish.

you guys forget that KSA is an Islamic entity, country, etc so PPV is totally out . They will probably do PPV from a 3rd party outside of the KSA or middle east and have 6 degree of separations.

MMA are so incredibly gullible lol.

Fury didn’t even throw punches all fight, now that rematch is going to cash in 10 fold and you simps will pay top dollar for another charade lol
Fury got sent to Narnia for a bit… he tends to overcommit and gets dropped. Moral win baby.

Also I think Francis was more patient and intelligent than Fury was prepared for.

He didn't have the issues you would have expected:

biting on feints

francis managed distance well

& didn't really get off balance or out of position.

He paced himself to avoid gassing out badly.

Yes, I very much agree. Francis' patience was unexpected and brilliant.

The general thought was that Francis would really pursue the KO and virtually NO ONE thought it would go to a decision, never mind with Francis winning some later rounds. Most figured if Francis could not hurt him early, Fury would ramp up and would really take it to him as the rounds progressed.

Back