Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Honestly it might have been the heaviest shot Fury landed all night. A point deduction would have been fair but the ref and commentators didn't see it in real time, does boxing allow for retroactive ref calls while fighters are in their corners and they see the footage between rounds?
The answer to that question is simply no.

To be fair, that's going to be the problem for PFL.

With massive investment often comes massive outside influence, probably from fly-by-night fans who don't really give much of a shit as long as it's done however they want it done.

At least with the UFC you know Dana would tell them to shove it if they started demanding showy glitzy bullshit that detracted from the fights.
They already returned a 9 figure investment deal from Saudi Arabia...
If the Saudis take more of a controlling stake, a lot of people are going to learn the meaning of the term "arab kitsch" when they start having events where the fighters have to be dipped in edible gold beforehand and between each round.

Ngannou knew he had to ko fury to win. Boxing and the Saudis would have never had allowed him to win as that would have destrpued the credibility of boxing vs mma and the fury-usyk fight and ngannou couldn't even complain post fight because he needed to stay on the Saudi good side to stay on their money train for future fights.
Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I actually thought of that as well. The way that it went though, they probably could have also made a fortune on a rematch with Ngannou and Fury had Ngannou won. As big of a story as this is, it would have been insanely big if Ngannou had gotten the decision. Biggest upset in history by far and a true cinderella story. The rematch probably would have been crazy big. The Saudi's should have pulled an audible. lol

It seems no one is mentioning the clinch work of Francis, it was beautiful, every blow he lands is powerful and I’m sure when the tape is watched again people will realize why fury was tantative and stunned

Francis absolutely embarrassed Fury in the clinch. I think Fury was really expecting his boxing clinch game to have a devastating effect on an MMA champion and was shocked to find out it only works on boxers who don't wrestle. Francis threw him across the ring, threw him to the ground, lifted him... it was the most shocking part of tonight, to me.

Jones would have torn both pecs and his groin

I think you might've been injured. It's either an eye or a brain injury. Or you're just a retard and if so, carry on ; )

Honestly i dont think 100 mill even register's on these guys bank accounts...

Its like us dropping $100 bucks lol ..

Its kinda ridiculous how much money is actually out that way

Well it's technically not single investor(s) it's a public wealth fund. Essentially like a giant pension fund but under the oversight of the "king". It is huge at about 750 billion dollars but bad investments can lead to their dollar devaluing, so they can't be completely wild with it. Saudis are very flashy with it which should be a tad concerning to citizens but since they are basically an autocratic state, who is going to say anything.

I think it's insane to claim he carried him. If you're some kind of coping boxing purist the only reasonable line of coping to go with is that Fury didn't take him seriously.

I'm out of likes, but I wish I could like this.

Crafty boxers know how to get away with shit. Just ask Bernard Hopkins and Andre Ward.

I knew when the fight ended that Fury would win the decision.
Why is really easy...
Saudia Arabia, where the fight took place, has the Fury-Usyk fight booked in December. There is zero chance Ngannou is winning a close fight on the judges scorecards where SA loses the heavyweight championship fight coming next.

That said, I had the fight to Ngannou giving him 23478 & R3 10-8. Personally I thought 4,6,&10 were close, and gave 2 of them to Fury. Fury won his rounds doing little damage and mostly out-pointing with a jab. Ngannou won a lot of his rounds landing power punches and doing damage.
Ngannou did the most damage in the fight by the mile. Got the only knockdown. And in the 8th he had Fury hurting and on the ropes (figuratively). Massive mistake by him to not try harder to win the 9th & 10th. He had to have known that given the Usyk fight, he was going to get zero close rounds on the score cards and lose all close fights.

Either way, amazing showing by big Frank. His stock went way up. And he made the heavyweight boxing division look like a joke.

Just proves Gane is P4P best striker on the planet since the guy that arguably beat Fury had to take him to the mat.

After watching the Fury vs. Ngannou fight, I believe that modern boxing has been overestimated in comparison to the sport's earlier stages. Many people discuss the idea of evolution and argue that guys like marciano wouldn't stand a chance in today's era due to starting his career so late. Figures like Primo Carnera and Buddy Baer are considered less skilled compared to contemporary boxers, but you have just witnessed how a 37-year-old man with a talent for fighting but a "primitive" style showed competitiveness against the heavyweight champion.

Guys like Marciano or Carnera would mop the floor with the 'modern' champions of today. End of story.

Because it was suicide for an expert to say the opposite and because common sense agreed with them. Had Francis at least negotiated a small ring and abnormally small gloves they may have said otherwise

Back