Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Why are combat sport fans so cringe ... this comes from a guy who used to be on fictional battle site (just for the lulz sice them pseudo intellectuals didnt know shit about math/physics)

<36>

If you've ever been to an event, you know the people with money turn up for the last couple of fights because they don't really give a shit.

So yeah.

They will watch Ngannou in PFL, even if they don't watch much else in PFL.
Ok..let's wait for the ppv numbers

F9kGqsyW0AAmKPC

image.png

How would Lewis do in boxing?

Impressed. Almost beat Fury. What Francis lacks in skill he makes up for in power, chin, and heart. Fury looked like he took him lightly and almost paid for it.

I will note that there's the possibility that the fight was dirty. Fury gets a payday, a guaranteed win, and doesn't do a real camp, Saudi Arabia gets it's sports stuff, Ngannou gets credit for a good boxing showing. Everybody wins.

Only problem is Ngannou did better than he should of.

I'm not usually a conspiracy guy. But this felt sleazy to me.

Ok..let's wait for the ppv numbers

Go ahead.

You do realize the people that watched tonight's PPV probably don't have a clue what company/promotion was behind it, right?

They tuned in for a fight.

He most certainly did not win.

In fact, boxrec.com shows that Tyson Fury won.

Go ahead.

You do realize the people that watched tonight's PPV probably don't have a clue what company/promotion was behind it, right?

They tuned in for a fight.
Yes for Tyson Fury..who's the big name Francis gonna fight in PFL?

I guess the Saudi money could probably come up with somebody

This proves that Dana does not believe in his product. Baddest man in the world UFC HW champ means nothing to him if he’s not even willing to give an opportunity that will also earn him a pretty penny.

Dana needs to step down eventually.

He literally carried him for 10rds. Didn't train either. You guys are gullible.

I felt like he just took long to get going. He upped the pace as the fight went and Ngannou slowed down. I don't believe he meant to get dropped or drop rounds though. I had 4-5 Tyson/Draw rounds where not much happened. 4-5 Ngannou rounds where he had same strikes with higher accuracy and more impact. Add in the drop and I don't see how he loses the decision. Especially since Tyson should've been deducted for the elbow.

For most of Fury's career, he's fought off of his back foot, mostly moving backwards and playing the points game. He was pretty good at implementing that style, but he still had flaws like moving his head straight back and he was always susceptible to left hands. Then came the Otto Wallen fight. Wallen landed a left hand that badly cut Fury and at that point Fury had to completely change his style and come forward and be aggressive. He's fought that way every fight since that Wallen fight and he's been able to take advantage of his smaller opponents with his massive size and weight, not the technical wizardry that many of his fans like to suggest. Just good old fashion bullying. He couldn't do that with Ngannou. Ngannou was too big, too strong and too athletic for Fury to use the bullying tactics that he's grown accustomed to. Ngannou's MMA experience also helped in the clinch in this regard. So for much of the fight, Fury had to go back to his old style of moving backwards and staying on the outside. He was rusty using that style, but those old flaws reared their ugly head as well. Ngannou catching Fury with the left, the punch that Fury has always had problems with while using that style, was no fluke. So I think that Fury looking bad tonight wasn't because he was poorly trained or injured or any of the many excuses that people are coming up with. He looked bad because his opponent took things away from him and forced him to fight another way.
great analysis, ty

Back