Did Fury vs Usyk lose luster for you?

Yes, now I would rather see Ngannou vs. Usyk.

lol as if. Ngannou needs to get in the queue and work his way into Boxing before he even thinks about a Title fight.

The novelty is over he ain’t getting 10 million to fight anyone else not named Tyson Fury.

Why would Usyk fight Ngannou he is chasing greatness in boxing beatimg Ngannou does nothing for legacy or his boxing career.

Tyson fury gave Ngannou that one big pay day now Ngannou either needs to find someone else to fight in Boxing or go back to MMA.

What other active Boxers is there for Ngannou to fight that will generate as much interest !!!!!

Nah, styles make fights. Usyk looked vulnerable too vs Dubois. If anything, this just shows that the top fighters should get it together and fight each other before they f*ck around and lose to a lesser opponent whom they didn't take seriously.

Don't think Fury will be ready in December, though. Maybe January?

Nah I still wanna see it because the winner will be the first undisputed HW champ in a long ass time.
But the Ngannou fight must have Usyk licking his chops. Fury might not be such a big favorite now
Yeah, it's been 24 years. You bet I'd still like to see it and the sport needs an undisputed heavyweight king. Usyk was licking his chops long before Fury fought Ngannou. That's why he pursued Fury so aggressively and was willing to fight the guy in his backyard for a measly 30% of the purse. It was wise of Fury to stall but in the end it won't make a difference. Even though Usyk's a little older he's taken way less damage in his career. Fury has more mileage on him at this point and it's noticeable.

You should read Furys book and then you will realize why hes such a shit head.

But nah ... i still want Fury vs Usyk. A fight where he looked like trash doesnt really change anything when he can look elite in the next fight.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Of course. I said last week that Fury physically looked like shit even for him and wouldn't be ready for Usyk. He's either out of his prime already after treating his body like a trashcan his whole life, or he didn't train at all and thought he would roll through Ngannou without training and this would basically kick off an actual training camp for Usyk. Either way, looks like he overplayed his hand and his stock plummeted.

Fury's got some DDs. Guy's fat even for him. Doesn't have to be in shape to beat Ngannou, but Usyk will make him look slow.

Yeah, it's been 24 years. You bet I'd still like to see it and the sport needs an undisputed heavyweight king. Usyk was licking his chops long before Fury fought Ngannou. That's why he pursued Fury so aggressively and was willing to fight the guy in his backyard for a measly 30% of the purse. It was wise of Fury to stall but in the end it won't make a difference. Even though Usyk's a little older he's taken way less damage in his career. Fury has more mileage on him at this point and it's noticeable.
Yeah I didn't expect Fury to show as much vulnerability as he did but part of that is due to Ngannou and his skills. Didn't think I'd be saying that after this fight honestly. Dude showed up to win.
I ate my small amount of crow and enjoyed it

ima repeat myself: Usyk and Wilder are the only legit guys the modern era has produced.

it sucks that combat sports just becomes worse and worse due multiple reasons but it will take some decades .... so enjoiy it as long as you can :D

Just a horrendous opinion

I'm not saying he'll win but Fury is a boxer who turns up at the biggest occasions. He generally looks like shit against fighters he's expected to blow through, must be a mental thing

my man maybe you are old but it doesnt really change the fact that "esports" (video games), soccer and parents being scared of CTE will change many things when it comes to combat sports.

It takes some decades so enjoy it as long as you can :)

"Soccer" as you call it as been around for a very long time, pretty much as long as boxing in modern times. And people have been scared of boxing being too violent for their kids for a long time, hence why it's mostly a working class sport (literally you had a Irish gypsy fighting an African who escaped child labour in the mines by being a homeless refugee last night). I also don't think the kids who get into videos games and esports are the type of kids that would otherwise be into sports and being an athlete.

I get your point that if the world keeps modernising and there is less poverty there might be less boxing talent, as it's usually a way out of poverty, but at the time there is still enough poverty in the world and I don't see it changing any time soon, so we should still be getting boxers in the years to come ;)

Jesus, I forgot that it was so soon. What a joke, Fury is no shape for a world title fight.

Not just that but Fury definitely took quite a bit of damage last night, I bet Usyk is rubbing his hands after what he saw last night.

"Soccer" as you call it as been around for a very long time, pretty much as long as boxing in modern times. And people have been scared of boxing being too violent for their kids for a long time, hence why it's mostly a working class sport (literally you had a Irish gypsy fighting an African who escaped child labour in the mines by being a homeless refugee last night). I also don't think the kids who get into videos games and esports are the type of kids that would otherwise be into sports and being an athlete.

I get your point that if the world keeps modernising and there is less poverty there might be less boxing talent, as it's usually a way out of poverty, but at the time there is still enough poverty in the world and I don't see it changing any time soon, so we should still be getting boxers in the years to come ;)

Yeah, combat sports are for guys who dont have any other opitions and/or its a fall back sport. It also helps that many combat gyms are for free compared to lets say soccer ""gyms"". A combination of easier acces and low cost and parents being scared of CTE and many other things will reduce the talent pool of combat sports and thus the chance of an actual world wide star.

Ya, parents were always scared but CTE and how dangerous combat sports really are is more of a """""new"""" thing or maybe a trend? Its a big thing schools, gyms and even universities and was never that big.

But like i said, that shit takes some decades so i dont really like going deeper into that stuff and too lazy for an essay.

lol as if. Ngannou needs to get in the queue and work his way into Boxing before he even thinks about a Title fight.

The novelty is over he ain’t getting 10 million to fight anyone else not named Tyson Fury.

Why would Usyk fight Ngannou he is chasing greatness in boxing beatimg Ngannou does nothing for legacy or his boxing career.

Tyson fury gave Ngannou that one big pay day now Ngannou either needs to find someone else to fight in Boxing or go back to MMA.

What other active Boxers is there for Ngannou to fight that will generate as much interest !!!!!

He’s getting a rematch with Fury and most likely getting double what he got in the first fight. To be honest I’d love to see Ngannou against Wilder.

He’s getting a rematch with Fury and most likely getting double what he got in the first fight. To be honest I’d love to see Ngannou against Wilder.

Lets see if there is a rematch. Fury has other obligations such as the Usyk fight the Ngannou rematch fight is the easier fight to have but is pointless fight.

I just don't see how they sell that fight now, goodness!
Yeah. He fucked up. Rematch with Francis sounds like a better idea to me. It'll sell. And Fury should get a late stoppage win if he just prepares properly (and isn't actually totally shot as a fighter - I don't think he really is).

How are excited are you to see this next (in December nonetheless) now than before tonights fight?

I thought Usyk might last 5rds. I think it might go 7 now. Usyk doesn't have Wilder or Frances power. Bullied, MOGGd, and ktfo.

Back