NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

Did you see the slow downed clip, looks like he intentionally went to take him out (not kill him of course). Very reckless behaviour that has cost someone there life.

He tried to maim him and ended up killing him. That's manslaughter. Anyone defending that shit should be called out. It's not like he was skating over and accidentally clipped his neck, dude straight up threw a kick at his throat.

Haven't seen it. Don't want to see it. Saw the Malarchuk one and the one from the Panthers game years ago.
Yeah dude, I wasn't old enough to remember Malarchuk, but I made the mistake of looking it up on Youtube, Zednik too. Fool me thrice, shame on me. Tragic stuff, but I also think it's incredibly rare. We really don't get much blood on the ice, guys are usually pretty good at falling after a couple decades on skates.

Last edited:
That was a Sweet Chin Music with sharpened 13" blade that almost decapitated a man.

R.807c1cf71d73fd9e54ae1752c7ef442c

I saw the clip of the play where the blade struck Johnson and audibly gasped. I was almost in shock. RIP. Fucking tragic.

I have no interest in watching it at all... ugh.

I remember I stumbled across the pro wrestling match in Mexico where Rey Misterio jnr hit a guy with the 619 that ended up killing him and... never again

I'm going to be straight. The dude who did whatever the hell he did to cause that should never play the sport again. Reckless is an understatement. wildly fling your body around throwing your skate in the air is unconscionable.

The few articles i read about it made it sound innocuous. Is that not the case?

I have no interest in watching it at all... ugh.

I remember I stumbled across the pro wrestling match in Mexico where Rey Misterio jnr hit a guy with the 619 that ended up killing him and... never again

i just watched the video. that didn't look like an accident at all. the dude needs to be arrested.

Yeah dude, I wasn't old enough to remember Malarchuk, but I made the mistake of looking it up on Youtube, Zednik too. Fool me thrice, shame on me. Tragic stuff, but I also think it's incredibly rare. We really don't get much blood on the ice, guys are usually pretty good at falling after a couple decades on skates.
I'm seeing it as the same basic issue as helmets and then visors. While there weren't a bunch of deaths or eyes being lost, eventually the players accepted both as just part of being safer.

There is a nylon (could be wrong on exact material) sock/armband/neck guard that the younger players wear. Just make it mandatory at the NHL level.

I'm seeing it as the same basic issue as helmets and then visors. While there weren't a bunch of deaths or eyes being lost, eventually the players accepted both as just part of being safer.

There is a nylon (could be wrong on exact material) sock/armband/neck guard that the younger players wear. Just make it mandatory at the NHL level.
Best case that I can think of is that they make it mandatory for new draft picks and all the players currently in the league get grand-fathered in to not having to use them. NHLPA will never let them force all the players to wear them.

Best case that I can think of is that they make it mandatory for new draft picks and all the players currently in the league get grand-fathered in to not having to use them. NHLPA will never let them force all the players to wear them.
That's how they did helmets and then visors. Just do the same here.

Woooo! Wings stole that one! What a comeback.

..It annoys me every Russian goalie could be the starter for Canada.

Anything less than manslaughter for that degenerate would be a severe miscarriage of justice. Sadly based on what we’ve seen with this woke “social justice” movement where skin color is sadly the ultimate determining factor, I think there is an extremely high likelihood that the perpetrator won’t face a single consequence. Any human being who karate kicks another human being with a sharp blade ought to face at least 10 years in prison.

IMG-4819.jpg

I was telling my buddy if it happens, it'll be grandfathered in in around 10 years, like helmets and visors.

The British league just made neck protectors compulsory. I believe they're lined with kevlar but I could be wrong

Back