Elections Christian group believes Mike Johnson is the most dangerous Christian in America

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
71417606007-ap-election-2024-jewish-republicans-1.jpg

Faithful America, an online Christian group that supports social justice causes, is warning that new House Speaker Mike Johnson may be the "most dangerous Christian nationalist leader" in the U.S. government.

"After House Republicans embarrassed themselves for weeks before picking a new Speaker, they settled on a relative unknown Rep. Mike Johnson, hoping to hide their extremism," reads the petition. "Make no mistake about it. The GOP choice for Speaker is [Representative] Jim Jordan with a jacket and a smile."

In another statement, Faithful America said: "Speaker Mike Johnson might be the most dangerous Christian nationalist leader in the country right now."
The group also placed Johnson on its second annual list of "False Prophets."
https://www.newsweek.com/christian-group-warns-mike-johnson-may-most-dangerous-leader-1840415

How did they not know this before he became speaker of the house?

71417606007-ap-election-2024-jewish-republicans-1.jpg

Faithful America, an online Christian group that supports social justice causes, is warning that new House Speaker Mike Johnson may be the "most dangerous Christian nationalist leader" in the U.S. government.

"After House Republicans embarrassed themselves for weeks before picking a new Speaker, they settled on a relative unknown Rep. Mike Johnson, hoping to hide their extremism," reads the petition. "Make no mistake about it. The GOP choice for Speaker is [Representative] Jim Jordan with a jacket and a smile."

In another statement, Faithful America said: "Speaker Mike Johnson might be the most dangerous Christian nationalist leader in the country right now."
The group also placed Johnson on its second annual list of "False Prophets."
https://www.newsweek.com/christian-group-warns-mike-johnson-may-most-dangerous-leader-1840415

This is how you know they picked the right guy for the job. There's more flak when you're above the target

https://www.influencewatch.org/non-profit/faithful-america/
Faithful America is a left-of-center activist group which protests center-right policies and runs campaigns related to various social issues.

Imagine being this tone deaf not even a month after the worst attack on Jews since the Holocaust
Not that I agree with the statement, it says to America not Israel and yeah I’d imagine hamas’ damage they could do to th US is very limited.
And people inside the government can do a lot more harm to the government than people thousand of miles away with out the capability of long range missiles to hurt us.

Salon is right though. Hamas has no power in America. MAGA supports authoritarianism. Christian Nationalism isn't Christian; it has a strong overlap with White Nationalism.

I have nothing critical to say about Mike Johnson, cause I know nothing about the guy. No idea about the group in the O.P. but it sounds like hyperbole.

Last edited:
If a Christian group says they support social justice, then they are not Christian. My guess is this group probably supports chopping off kids genitals too.
It can be argued that Jesus was one of the original social justice warriors. He was all about supporting the poor, the meek and the reviled - and critiquing the rich and corrupt. Christian activists played an important role in the abolitionist movement.

I would say any priest/ pastor that diddles little kids are far worse and there are many of them.

I dunno, I suspect theres probably far more evil ones.
I mean just judging by what a christian is, and the people supporting him, id think donny is probably more of a threat (though I dont consider him a christian, and if anything he fits mroe of the ideas of the anti christ in terms of being fake and having followers)

Back