Mirko Cro Cop Was 2-6 In the USA and UK

Also he was likely on all sorts of roids in Japan, and either had to stop using entirely, or cut back when he got to fighting in the west where there was basic testing.

He admitted to taking HGH even after a negative test in his 2nd UFC run, but he gets a pass for some reason like all PRIDE guys do.

Funny given how he left the UFC a 2nd time years and years after his physical prime and just started destroying guys again, and finished on a 10 fight win streak.
Yep and guys get busted for HGH all the time. Oh wait he’s the only MMA fighter who ever has and he didn’t even test positive for it.

Luckily nobody else would ever do this very performance enhancing drug that the testers can’t catch.

He was in his second sport , fought more often than most HW UFC fighters have careers and then moved across to fight in the UFC.
How many UFC fighters even make 30+ fights these days. Let alone HWs.

He already beat 3 former UFC champions in a row back in 2004. Pide was clearly a better league than the UFC ever was at that time for HWs.

Cause using Coleman, Randleman, and Barnett isn't dishonest as fuck at all.
  • Coleman was UFC champ 8 years prior and was 40 years old
  • Randleman hadn't been UFC champ in 4 years, and was in the middle of a 1-6 run in Pride. His lone win was KTFO out of Mirko earlier that same year making them laughably 1-1.
  • Barnett was literally over in Japan because he'd been kicked out of the UFC for cheating during his UFC title win in his 2nd PED failure in the UFC. He lost here to Cro Cop from a freak shoulder injury 46 seconds into it.

One of the most brutal things you've ever seen is Cro Cop getting his ass kicked for 2 rounds and then landing an elbow to win the last 20 seconds?

<YeahOKJen>

Pride fans were just happy "they" won. Cro Cop looked like shit that fight, just as he looked like shit in the 1st fight. But he won in the end so it's some mythical performance.
So you're either retarded, dumb, or have bad memory. Because me and everyone else saw this

lol

So you're either retarded, dumb, or have bad memory. Because me and everyone else saw this

lol

Here's a free fight for you that was more brutal:

dJJxtLN.gif

CC did ok in the United States and United Kingdom (2-6), but did better outside of it. 36-5-2(1)

Why do you think this is the case?
I've never seen anyone with inside knowledge of PEDs explain why all the PRIDE guys looked like they melted when they came to the US. Obviously athletes are always using anything they can get away with so I would expect them to at least look as testy as the guys who started in the UFC.

His competition was fairly weak internationally.

CC did ok in the United States and United Kingdom (2-6), but did better outside of it. 36-5-2(1)

better competition
no fix fights
simple as that
same as fedor
u can make an argument that fedor doesnt like drug testing in america

he look average in a drug testing strikeforce org

Correlation is not causation. It had nothing to do with the place. He simply couldn't adapt to the octagon, he fought in K-1 in 1996, then he was an amateur boxer from 1996-1999, K-1 from 1999-2003 and Pride until 2007. His entire arsenal was adapted to the ring.

His footwork didn't work in the octagon because he couldn't trap people in the corners and set them up for kicks. His offensive footwork was always plodding forward and in the UFC people would just circle away from his left. Just watch the Sanchez fight, Sanchez circles to his right, Mirko follows the exact same arc instead of cutting the space. If Sanchez wasn't so terrified, he could have circled away easily for 15 minutes. Kongo did the same thing, JDS, Shaub, etc...

He was always arrogant, and he went to the UFC at his peak of popularity and feared reputation. He didn't train for elbows, didn't train in an octagon, he thought he could waltz in and KO everyone. Gonzaga's KO destroyed his leg, his confidence and ruined his aura so even though he tried to fix those things later on (brought an octagon in his gym, etc), it was too late, the damage was done.
good post.

I've never seen anyone with inside knowledge of PEDs explain why all the PRIDE guys looked like they melted when they came to the US. Obviously athletes are always using anything they can get away with so I would expect them to at least look as testy as the guys who started in the UFC.

Which athletes melted? The only guys who really had success in Pride but faltered in UFC are guys like Sokodjou who really never had an extended streak in Pride, just his two fluky wins over Arona and Lil Nog

He wasn't that shot by the time he came to America. He even had a career resurgence after going back to Japan.

Wasn't he 32 when he debuted in the ufc? At his age <Lmaoo>you make it sound like he was 44 yrs old
he had two runs in the UFC

the first one. He beat eddie sanchez knocked out by Gonzaga, and then decisioned by Congo

but he came back a second time and beat somebody named Al Turk then had a pretty good fight with JDS but lost

he fought another Croatian guy and then he beat Pat Berry lost to Roy Nelson, and Mir

CC also did poorly whenever he wore white socks with yellow stripes, which is far more relevant and meaningful.

He wasn't that shot by the time he came to America. He even had a career resurgence after going back to Japan.
That was not a real resurgence, that was a step back in competition; can crushing. CC had long since gone over a cliff. Same with Fedor, once he went downhill, he only beat cans.

he already had a full ass K-1 career, before even making the transition to Pride FC / MMA. i think the lack of cage knowledge definitely contributed. i don't think he had a cage installed in his gym until a few fights into his UFC career. i remember him installing the cage meant he was taking it serious again. it even looked like the UFC octagon. i think his whole k-1 career, pride fc battles, and then lack of cage tactics, combined with that utterly devastating career altering KO loss to Gonzaga, I think it all just fucked him up mentally. took a while to recover mentally from that one and feel that confidence again. such a terrible moment in MMA history, Cro Cop should have been UFC HW champion at some point in his career, and we could have saw Cro Cop vs Prime Randy if only Cro Cop beat gonzaga, who was tailor made to taste cemetery dirt. instead, we all know what happened. jetlag probably sucked too, in the end, there's many minor reasons that probably added up. at least he got that win over gonzaga and he ended winning Rizin's OWGP tournament. Cro Cop fan 4 life.

Yes, Anderson Silva absolutely melted when he left Pride. We won't act as if those guys won championships in the UFC either after they were in Pride (like say Nog, Shogun, Page, Anderson). And of course, I am sure the UFC was squeaky clean.

Didnt do well in the transition to cage from the ring,but eventually adapted his style to it. Especially w elbows against the cage.

The guy has had over 100 professional fights.

Age,injuries and eventually loss of speed kind of forced him to be a hit and hold fighter.

Also finished his career with 10 wins in a row.

Back