Media ONE teasing Tawanchai vs Haggerty...

Well obviously if they are asking they are thinking about making it happen, interesting match-up for sure. I hope it's in Thai Boxing rules though.
I like to imagine you are right, bro.
Logic says that but ONE is a bit of an oddball for me when I see how they shift up matches (and sometimes outright avoid them).
It keeps eyes on the show. Keeps people talking. I'd not be surprised if they slipped Haggerty a treat just to post that.

Still.
I love to see champs mix up weight classes where they show an interest.

I like to imagine you are right, bro.
Logic says that but ONE is a bit of an oddball for me when I see how they shift up matches (and sometimes outright avoid them).
It keeps eyes on the show. Keeps people talking. I'd not be surprised if they slipped Haggerty a treat just to post that.

Still.
I love to see champs mix up weight classes where they show an interest.

Which match-up are they avoiding specifically? Didn't we get to see Rodtang vs Superlek?

I don't want to sound like a shill, but I'm quite pleased with the fights ONE FC puts on.

Which match-up are they avoiding specifically? Didn't we get to see Rodtang vs Superlek?

I don't want to sound like a shill, but I'm quite pleased with the fights ONE FC puts on.

Outside of Rodtang vs Superlek, I can't think of any matchups they've avoided off the top of my head. My only gripe with their matchmaking is how they frequently hold up divisions for "super fights" and special rules matches (i.e., Haggerty vs Andrade, Rodtang vs Mighty Mouse, Wondergirl vs Jing Nan, etc.). I wish they put on more KB fights too, but when they have them, they tend to be really good

Outside of Rodtang vs Superlek, I can't think of any matchups they've avoided off the top of my head. My only gripe with their matchmaking is how they frequently hold up divisions for "super fights" and special rules matches (i.e., Haggerty vs Andrade, Rodtang vs Mighty Mouse, Wondergirl vs Jing Nan, etc.). I wish they put on more KB fights too, but when they have them, they tend to be really good

I get your point, at the same time they also try to please the fans with some "fun fights" in different rulesets. Honestly I think it's great they've been around because it gives exposure to Muay Thai and makes for fun brutal fights in 4oz gloves, we get a lot of match-ups between some of the best farang and some top Thais + also they make some top names fight each other, it's just a great thing to have alongside the more traditional MT with RWS, the Petchyindee promotion, etc. They also gave some big paychecks to Thai fighters which are life changing for them.

I prefer One FC to any other of the top Kickfighting top promotions at the moment, Glory is kinda dying and only good for upper weight classes, and I'm not too much into the Japanese Kickboxing scene, mostly because their talent pool isn't very international. If K-1 could sign a lot more Westerners and Thais, it could be quite fun.

Still an interesting match-up don't you think? :)
Kinda. Tawanchai is bigger and better so it really ought not to be, but because Tawanchai happens to have bad boxing defense and it will be in MMA gloves Haggerty has a solid path to victory. Some people will like that and find it exciting, especially if they are mostly looking for violence. For me it kinda feels like a spectacle. Im not in much of a position to complain though because the fights Id rather see wont happen in the immediate future anyways so they might as well go for this.

Kinda. Tawanchai is bigger and better so it really ought not to be, but because Tawanchai happens to have bad boxing defense and it will be in MMA gloves Haggerty has a solid path to victory. Some people will like that and find it exciting, especially if they are mostly looking for violence. For me it kinda feels like a spectacle. Im not in much of a position to complain though because the fights Id rather see wont happen in the immediate future anyways so they might as well go for this.

So MT in 4oz gloves not your thing?

So MT in 4oz gloves not your thing?
Not my favorite, but it ranks way above a lot of other stuff I watch. I'm actually really interested in the guys who have developed from the ground up focused on the entertainment dynamics facing each other and basically writing the playbook of what is an art in its own right. But with guys like Tawanchai, kinda feels like Im watching Magnus Carlsen play checkers.

Not my favorite, but it ranks way above a lot of other stuff I watch. I'm actually really interested in the guys who have developed from the ground up focused on the entertainment dynamics facing each other and basically writing the playbook of what is an art in its own right. But with guys like Tawanchai, kinda feels like Im watching Magnus Carlsen play checkers.

I prefer seeing guys like Tawanchai, Rodtang, etc in 4oz MT rather than in Kickboxing tbh.

I get your point, at the same time they also try to please the fans with some "fun fights" in different rulesets. Honestly I think it's great they've been around because it gives exposure to Muay Thai and makes for fun brutal fights in 4oz gloves, we get a lot of match-ups between some of the best farang and some top Thais + also they make some top names fight each other, it's just a great thing to have alongside the more traditional MT with RWS, the Petchyindee promotion, etc. They also gave some big paychecks to Thai fighters which are life changing for them.

I prefer One FC to any other of the top Kickfighting top promotions at the moment, Glory is kinda dying and only good for upper weight classes, and I'm not too much into the Japanese Kickboxing scene, mostly because their talent pool isn't very international. If K-1 could sign a lot more Westerners and Thais, it could be quite fun.
Glory is dying and only good for their higher weight classes……aka the only thing they do. Astute observations there

I prefer seeing guys like Tawanchai, Rodtang, etc in 4oz MT rather than in Kickboxing tbh.
Tawanchai is not a good kick-boxer, has no answer for pressure unless he can clinch, which in kickboxing is obviously a no no

ONE is not a meritocratic promotion, or even one where the point is to find who is truly the best. Matchmaking is made more for gimmicks and to make people look good for Tik tok highlights.

Rodtang getting booked against random foreign bums, Danial Williams getting title shots even tho he is shite and his only saving grace is that he is durable and people and tee off on him, etc

Glory is dying and only good for their higher weight classes……aka the only thing they do. Astute observations there

Except it's not the only thing they do, so you can keep your pointless sarcasm to yourself.

You should tell Glory about them dying, they don't seem to know about it yet

Haggerty vs Saempetch.

Haggerty vs Nong-O 2

Haggerty vs Carillo

Haggerty vs Rodlek

Haggerty vs Takeru

Haggerty vs Saempetch.

Haggerty vs Nong-O 2

Haggerty vs Carillo

Haggerty vs Rodlek

Haggerty vs Takeru
I am honestly awaiting what bum they find for Takeru. I hope they actually keep him active and don't just waste his final years of his prime. The beginning of their relationship doesn't look promising.

You should tell Glory about them dying, they don't seem to know about it yet
Sarcasm? I actually feel Glory has had a really good year, probably the best in a long time. Good events and signing quality fighters.

Back