How did Bones become mma champion with 4 months of training???

His natural athletic gifts combined with the fact that wrestling is an amazing first discipline to back up on. Especially at the regional level.

He said he didn't take his wrestling career seriously. Started watching mindset videos like Les Brown and Tony Robbins when he started MMA. He lived in his girlfriend parents basement and watched Bas Rutten instructional DVD's. Doesn't have Power like Alex. Doesn't have Exposivness like Rumble. Colby said he was a party animal and Donald Cerrone said he was destroying guys when he first showed up and would barley be at practice. Jones might be 1/3000. He might have genius IQ too.
images

His Body it's Made to Fight he have a lot of Godly gifts.

Because Jon is a true disciple of the lord and savior Jesus Christ.
images

Man if have a God he give Jones a perfect Body to fight.

Because MMA is not like other sports. You don't need a life time of training to make it to the high leagues. Look at all those cardio kickboxing mom's fighting at the biggest org.

Brian Stann would talk about when Jon first started at Jacksons and he WAS learning off Youtube (stand-up)

He would do a jiu jitsu class with all the pro’s, learn a new move, then proceed to sub entire room with new move

He had years of training by the time he became champ.

I mean he did put in tons of years in wrestling. In 2008 you could dominate with just wrestling alone almost. He was smart enough to tighten his BJJ defense and fought a ground oriented approach while working on striking. He looked completely different from the LHWs at the time, no one had such a large frame or especially with wrestling. Obviously he tightened up his striking along the way and its easier when you have a long reach. It was cool to see it come together. I don't think we'll see anything like it again in MMA, guys today are too well rounded.

You mean 4 months of mma training before his debut which still may not even be true and he was already a wrestler. Not like he was a soccer player.

yep. genetically gifted athlete with a large wingspan and the mental fortitude to fight and to win.

most people don't want to acknowledge this: but genetics matter a lot more than training. the example i like to use is the 1 to 100 scale:

say man A has a 80 on the scale for natural athleticism, while man B has a 70 on the scale of natural athleticism. with hard and consistent training, man B could potentially get his athletic level up to 75. but would still never reach where man A is at (80) even if man A doesn't train a day in his life and just gets up off the couch and competes.

and then there is man C who is a 95 in natural athleticism. very few people are even coming close to said man even if they train hard and consistent since they were children.

when it comes to athletcism, some people are just born better. it all comes down to who your parents are and who your parents parents are and what your genetic lineage is

having high fight iQ is better than being athletic

It's not even up for fucking debate. When I joined this forum, everyone was trying to shove GSP down our necks as Goat. But let's be real

Silva was better than GSP and Jones is best of all
Silva and GSP is definitely debatable, but Jon is the best

Ngannou would beat Jon

Natural abilities are nothing without dedication and perseverance, though. Perhaps all of the virtuouso pianists have long, slender fingers; it's certainly easier to play the piano with those than with stubby ones. But I guarantee you almost no one with long, slender fingers is a piano virtuoso. The ones that are got there through thousands of hours of practice.

And anyway, what would you expect? In a world where all the top athletes put in the same work doing rigorous training for hours and hours every day, who would you expect to rise to the top? The ones who do all that AND have a natural advantage beyond that, obviously.

i've known guys from a young age that are now playing professional basketball, that dead ass never put any practice in other than running pick up games after school at the local rec center. some guys don't need to practice; they just are and that is enough to out compete almost everyone else

What is athleticism? Is Jon an amazing athlete with better athleticism naturally than most? Or is his “athleticism” really just genetic physical features that are really superior for mma and he has an uncanny ability to use these physical traits better than most? I think it’s weird that people bring up athleticism so much. Is Tom Brady a phenomenal athlete? Those combine numbers blow away all the other qbs picked before him? There’s so much more to sports than raw athleticism. Whatever that even means these days. Jones is the greatest fighter in mma and yet nowhere near the greatest athlete.

Tom Brady is 6'4 225 and throw a football 65+ yards.

It's not even up for fucking debate. When I joined this forum, everyone was trying to shove GSP down our necks as Goat. But let's be real

Silva was better than GSP and Jones is best of all
Silva and GSP is definitely debatable, but Jon is the best
Gsp and Silva are legends. Respect to them
But Jones is simply in a league of his own

Roids, cheating, a psychopatic character, good trainers.

Because MMA is a jabroni sport for D-level athletes and Jones has A-level athlete genetics

Tom Brady is 6'4 225 and throw a football 65+ yards.

yeah not enough people here seem to understand the very raw, natural athleticism and frame type it takes to throw a football that way. it's real, primal athletic genetics, the same kind of genetics that would have made a man a competent hunter in the paleolithic era hunting and throwing spears at megafauna

Back