Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
Loved the first season, am very much looking forward to the next season. But I hate waiting week to week so my release date will be a little bit later. Looking forward to it.

Yeah and it's handled well in the comics and leads to some of the best storylines. Haven't seen the episode yet but if it's Angstrom Levy stuff, he's basically the goat villain of the series.

Sterling K. Brown is voicing him and its already a W for the Character.

Sterling K. Brown is voicing him and its already a W for the Character.
Hell yeah that's good to hear. Angstrom is fantastic, like a Kang done right. People really gotta stop whining and jumping to conclusions before they know what's going on.

I'm looking forward to season 2. Episode 1 was awesome.

Such a marvelous show but that generational long gap between ...ended up reading comic and now anticipation at best "meh". Lucky those who enjoy rewatching or watching knowing the story. Cause it seems to be sticking fairly close if not totally.
It'd be nice if they perhaps worked with the writer and changed it up a bit for tv like they sometimes do, in effort they dont lose the viewers who might not return due to having read the comic inbetween.

I'm getting really tired of every sci-fi or comic book movie using this fantasy not-from-science multiverse concept.

It's become a crutch. It's hackneyed. Stop it.
Yeah I agree. There has to be a progression in threat levels that escalate and most superhero movie/shows are going through them too quickly.

It should go like this:

1. Save civilians
2. Save the city
3. Save the planet
4. Save the universe
5. Save a reality or a timeline
6. Save the multiverse

And a hero should ONLY move from one phase to the next after they've exhausted all the good stories at their current phase.

Take Spiderman, for example. We could've had many more years of great Spiderman stories where he's just saving civilians or the city. Fighting guys like Kraven or Carnage. But because they've already had him fight Thanos and now fighting in several multiverse stories, there's nowhere left to go. He can't just go back and fight Kraven now.

These storytellers are in too much of a hurry to win some imaginary arms race where the stakes are raised more than last time.

What they need to do is just focus on telling the best stories. Even if the stakes are just the lives of people in Peter's inner circle. If written well, those stakes are plenty high enough to hook a viewer.

Yeah and it's handled well in the comics and leads to some of the best storylines. Haven't seen the episode yet but if it's Angstrom Levy stuff, he's basically the goat villain of the series.
It is. I can't wait to see it all.

It is. I can't wait to see it all.
It's gonna be so good. The only possible criticism of invincible imo is it starts kinda slow. But I love all that stuff too. Building up the world and setting is important. But once it gets going it's nonstop awesome.

Can't wait to see Angstrom and Conquest. And people complaining about the multiverse stuff, all of it was written many years ago and it's handled well in the story. It's not trying to imitate mcu movies.

Episode 2 out. Here's to hoping this show has the balls to kill Amber off.

This was my #1 most anticipated show of 2023, and its been the most 'meh.'

The animation is great, but all three episodes have been overall meh.

Not bad.
Not great.
Just 'good' but it feels like 'meh' after the 1st Season is in the Top #5 1st seasons ever.

The story/plots of all three episodes so far have felt inconsequential, like they're side-stories that have been expanded into full episodes. And that's also an issue with the pacing of each episode.

And, of course, just like every comic universe Invincible introduced a multi-verse. It hasn't been good, but it thankfully hasn't been fucking horrible. The sooner this sub-plot is concluded, the better.

1st Season - 10/10
2nd Season (1ep-3ep) - 7/10

Thankfully with the cliffhanger at the end of the 3rd episode implies the 4th episode is going to drastically increase.

So, no Marky rape scene this season? Kind of set it up that Anissa may already have a child

the dawg rarely misses so ill check this one out seeing how well received it appears to be

The animation is great, but all three episodes have been overall meh.

Not bad.
Not great.
Just 'good' but it feels like 'meh' after the 1st Season is in the Top #5 1st seasons ever.

The story/plots of all three episodes so far have felt inconsequential, like they're side-stories that have been expanded into full episodes. And that's also an issue with the pacing of each episode.

And, of course, just like every comic universe Invincible introduced a multi-verse. It hasn't been good, but it thankfully hasn't been fucking horrible. The sooner this sub-plot is concluded, the better.

1st Season - 10/10
2nd Season (1ep-3ep) - 7/10

Thankfully with the cliffhanger at the end of the 3rd episode implies the 4th episode is going to drastically increase.

The multiverse was in the comics though.

The multiverse was in the comics though.

Yeah, and Marvel & DC have multiverses in the comics. Doesn't mean they don't completely suck.

I think Kirkman mentioned there was only going to be 6 or 7 seasons, of dozens of arcs spread across 144 issues in the comics.

So they're picking which arcs to adapt and which ones to drop. This multiverse arc is one they should have dropped.

S2's been so fuckin' good and Amber's voice is so fuckin' sexy the way she initiated a sexy time with Mark. She's turning out so nice I'm kinda concerned she'll be meeting a gruesome end just to let Mark be single lmao.

sherbrah, try Blue Eyed Samarai. I haven't seen yet will watch over holiday but everyone I know who likes anime says it's the best they have seen (if you ignore some "messaging"). They said it blows Arcane and Invisible out the water. You need your anime fix maybe try that (it's on Netflix).

Back